Triple flange just hurt my ear
Jan 19, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman8485 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't stand tri-flange, but mod them to bi-flange and they are my fav for comfort and ease of use.

Word. I cut the largest flange off (some people cut the smallest) and they slide right in.

Jan 19, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The weather has been strange in So Cal this week ... any chance you could have already had an ear infection or congestion problem prior to inserting the earphones?

Strange is an understatement. I cant believe it snowed in Malibu the other night =O

Anyways, the Dr. also checked for any other signs of being sick. I have no wax build up and my ears are squeaky clean he said. He checked my nasal cavity and made me stick out my tounge and say "AHHH". He also checked my lymph nodes in my neck to make sure they werent swollen. The tri flanges are to blame here.

Jan 19, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Erm... Can someone tell me why ordering 2 sets (one short and standard) of complys from westone costs $26 in shipping?? What??

Common demand for comfort, maybe and because they can?

Same problem here with the provided tips with my iM716, got the shure softflex tips in the mail from the recommendations here, and hopefully will have the same reaction as scottiebabie, *crosses fingers*

no worries hi-fin, u defnatly wont regret the shure softflex interms of comfort. it so comfy that i fell asleep with it. only issue is that the seal maynot be as good as the tri/biflange (provided its fitted correctly) and hence, the bass impact falls slightly short but its much better than the ori foam tips. have fun with it
etysmile.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #34 of 35
"The tri flanges are to blame here."

I certainly don't care for them (other users' mileage may vary). I had become familiar with various soft flex, Ety bi-flange (more rounded), Shure and Ety foams, and my current favorites, short Comply foams, before trying the tri-flanges ... my reaction to the tri-flanges was, to add to audiomagnate's comment, "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition." Add the tri-flanges to the list of the Inquisition's chief weapons.

Jan 19, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #35 of 35
Tri-flanges were great to me.. ever since I modded my tri-flanges to bi-flanges it's been a sad experience for me.

I was going to massacre some more, and I was wondering: is it taboo to use a single flange from the tri-flange? In my despair I might as well try it as I miss the old sound terribly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back