Triple flange just hurt my ear
Jan 19, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wondered what Tempur-Pedic foamies might sound like.

I can't imagine how much they'd overcharge for some dense "space-technology" foam inserts.... $25 a pair?

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by pelayostyle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok so i just walked back from seeing a dr. and he stuck his otoscope(spelling?) into my ear then looked at my e4s and lauged at me. He said my eardrum is a little irritated and caused no permanent damage. He said that the pressure of the compressed air caused by the seal irritated the eardrum , just like your eye would be irritated if you were pushing on it for a long period of time. So basically the tri flanges are going in the trash ....

Sounds exactly like my experience with only the double flanges on my super.fi. It hurt the **** out of my ear to a point that it had irritation and a little swelling. Have to stick to single flange, so much more comfy.

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #21 of 35
it takes time to get use to them tat or maybe your ears are just small... I use them with my e3cs and and e5s they provide the best isolation, at least for me, When I first tried them it hurt also but idk after a while it became normal like my ears adjusted itself for them lol thus enhancing my musicla experience. Its not for everyone some ears are just too small for them but from my experience I think alot of people squeesh them too much instead of sliding it down the ear which is why they hurt. Sometimes i have to pull my ear up so I can get it down smoothly.

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #22 of 35
I cannot use the Triple-flanges either. ComplyTips work best for me. The short ones. You will need to test and see what works for you. In some instances, some people will need a different sleeve on each ear (my case with the Shure soft flex).

Jan 19, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #24 of 35
ya i hate the triflange tips for the iM716s 2 coz they realy kill my ears and even thought i've modded them to biflange, they still feel weird and hurt occationally if i dont fit them in just right (though they sound great if correctly fitted).

just got in some shure softflex tips and boy O boy, they are much better. dead easy to fit and remove plus super comfy as far as universal IEMs can be. the sound of the softflex are slightly muted compared with a well fitted tri/biflange but i'l take the sonic hit as comfort ranks supremely on my scale.

they look quite durable and should last. give em a try
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavio T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cannot use the Triple-flanges either. ComplyTips work best for me. The short ones. You will need to test and see what works for you. In some instances, some people will need a different sleeve on each ear (my case with the Shure soft flex).

Heh, I thought I was odd for doing that.

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #26 of 35
I'm pretty sure Torquemada invented tri-flanges.
I vote customs no.1 then complys.

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #27 of 35
Avoid the suction by lifting the outer ear. I have to do this with my ELACIN ER20s Earplugs (same tips I believe)

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #28 of 35
Erm... Can someone tell me why ordering 2 sets (one short and standard) of complys from westone costs $26 in shipping?? What??

edit : nevermind, its $6 now ... wierd..

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #29 of 35
Erm... Can someone tell me why ordering 2 sets (one short and standard) of complys from westone costs $26 in shipping?? What??

Common demand for comfort, maybe and because they can?

Same problem here with the provided tips with my iM716, got the shure softflex tips in the mail from the recommendations here, and hopefully will have the same reaction as scottiebabie, *crosses fingers*

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Common demand for comfort, maybe and because they can?

Same problem here with the provided tips with my iM716, got the shure softflex tips in the mail from the recommendations here, and hopefully will have the same reaction as scottiebabie, *crosses fingers*

Still thats a little ludacris... ebay isnt even that bad :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back