TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 24, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #12,406 of 24,683
I share the same feeling, that's why they seem out of their hand. Some basic request such as a photo of a finished product; QC(as in the case of pm4); delivery dates, all beyond their control.
Then they need to say that, everyone who has used a crowd funding site knows that's how things often work these days. One of my Kickstarter orders just posted a pic of the container ship our stuff is on the other day for example. It is still better to let the customers know what is going on.

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #12,410 of 24,683
I understand by Bob is getting annoyed at this thread however at the same time he does do things like say he will talk to shippers and get update and yet that never hap pend.
And now we are on 25th and heard nothing to say its all been shipped.
Its hard for me to not to moan so to speak when communication is lax.

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #12,411 of 24,683
There are still many hours left today and I think it's understandable Bob and his crew might take a shot or two in a pub after that week. I'd say we should wait at least until tomorrow, maybe monday to expect some news.

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #12,412 of 24,683
  I understand by Bob is getting annoyed at this thread however at the same time he does do things like say he will talk to shippers and get update and yet that never hap pend.
And now we are on 25th and heard nothing to say its all been shipped.
Its hard for me to not to moan so to speak when communication is lax.

Exactly, I don't understand why people want to blame the community.  Most threads on this site don't descend into this kind of negative atmosphere...   That said, I agree we should give him a couple days to respond to whether they were all shipped before we start adding that to the list.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #12,413 of 24,683
Any manufacturer or supplier ought to be able to work out shipping dates and be absolutely clear on what they're doing. If they can't get it right, then their time estimates mean nothing and they're better off saying nothing.

So Bob may well be angry at the negative stuff, but tbh, if this were Amazon or some other retailer, what would you do? His anger doesn't fix or change the fact that his company can't meet deadlines and they need to perhaps not give any out if they're not certain.

It's not like we're running the iem's down or saying how bad they are. In fact, most say the opposite - that they're superb, but the company needs to sort itself out with regard to timings and not blame the customers who get disgruntled at the excuses.

If a retailer or manufacturer gets angry with their customers, then there's a sense of frustration, obviously but the customers haven't caused that frustration. They don't (and can't) help but it suggests a company who isn't in full control of their new products which is more likely why Bob gets angry.

It is also amazing how many people have ordered their iem's on trust; taking for granted that they are going to be good. So Bob hasn't got it that bad, having a customer base who buys on trust and his word, paying right up front in advance only to get angry with the customers when he doesn't meet his own stated deadline.

His anger hasn't done anything and we have to sit and wait it out. You reckon they'll arrive then? All orders done by 24th (was it?) with 24 hour delivery in U.K. And they don't work weekends? Well, mine didn't arrive. Anyone else got one today?

I've given up caring and won't be back. I don't care how good they reckon their iem's are. I also reckon their are a few others who won't be back as well so the delay has only affected their customer base in the end.

It's not really a big deal, but it's really not very good either but now I wonder about the wisdom of Headfi allowing manufacturers to target customers on here when this has happened, and then tell us to stop discussing it because of negative comments about the company? Why would Headfi be so protective of a company and not its members?

I didn't like that either. Thought that was a bit off - in effect, telling us to be quiet. Why?

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #12,414 of 24,683
Any manufacturer or supplier ought to be able to work out shipping dates and be absolutely clear on what they're doing. If they can't get it right, then their time estimates mean nothing and they're better off saying nothing.

So Bob may well be angry at the negative stuff, but tbh, if this were Amazon or some other retailer, what would you do? His anger doesn't fix or change the fact that his company can't meet deadlines and they need to perhaps not give any out if they're not certain.

It's not like we're running the iem's down or saying how bad they are. In fact, most say the opposite - that they're superb, but the company needs to sort itself out with regard to timings and not blame the customers who get disgruntled at the excuses.

If a retailer or manufacturer gets angry with their customers, then there's a sense of frustration, obviously but the customers haven't caused that frustration. They don't (and can't) help but it suggests a company who isn't in full control of their new products which is more likely why Bob gets angry.

It is also amazing how many people have ordered their iem's on trust; taking for granted that they are going to be good. So Bob hasn't got it that bad, having a customer base who buys on trust and his word, paying right up front in advance only to get angry with the customers when he doesn't meet his own stated deadline.

His anger hasn't done anything and we have to sit and wait it out. You reckon they'll arrive then? All orders done by 24th (was it?) with 24 hour delivery in U.K. And they don't work weekends? Well, mine didn't arrive. Anyone else got one today?

I've given up caring and won't be back. I don't care how good they reckon their iem's are.

Well said sir.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #12,415 of 24,683
It's not really a big deal, but it's really not very good either but now I wonder about the wisdom of Headfi allowing manufacturers to target customers on here when this has happened, and then tell us to stop discussing it because of negative comments about the company? Why would Headfi be so protective of a company and not its members?

I didn't like that either. Thought that was a bit off - in effect, telling us to be quiet. Why?

No - I simply asked that people wait a week after Bob announced that the product would be shipping.  it doesn't seem a lot to ask - especially as most of you have been waiting 6 months or more.

I was not defending Trinity at all - in fact if there are no signs of any gear at all arriving this week, then go ahead, have your lynch mob.

Truth be told - what I'd like to do is lock this thread - simply because it is an utter waste of our Admin time.

We have a manufacturer whose communication with their customer base is extremely poor (I work in Sales and this has been handled atrociously IMO).  Trust has been breached, and once it is gone you get what you have now.  But you also have a select few who have been spreading rumour and innuendo as fact.  And in the meantime, you have a small group of Moderators who get pulled back to this thread time and time again to clear up the mess.

If you want my opinion - I think you will all get your gear.  If you want to carry on crying for blood - go ahead.  it won't achieve anything but further ill-will.  It definitely won't get you your gear any quicker.  But as long as people follow the forum rules - the rest is up to you.

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #12,416 of 24,683

No - I simply asked that people wait a week after Bob announced that the product would be shipping.  it doesn't seem a lot to ask - especially as most of you have been waiting 6 months or more.

I was not defending Trinity at all - in fact if there are no signs of any gear at all arriving this week, then go ahead, have your lynch mob.

Truth be told - what I'd like to do is lock this thread - simply because it is an utter waste of our Admin time.

We have a manufacturer whose communication with their customer base is extremely poor (I work in Sales and this has been handled atrociously IMO).  Trust has been breached, and once it is gone you get what you have now.  But you also have a select few who have been spreading rumour and innuendo as fact.  And in the meantime, you have a small group of Moderators who get pulled back to this thread time and time again to clear up the mess.

If you want my opinion - I think you will all get your gear.  If you want to carry on crying for blood - go ahead.  it won't achieve anything but further ill-will.  It definitely won't get you your gear any quicker.  But as long as people follow the forum rules - the rest is up to you.

I agree that spreading rumors is not something anyone should be doing but with the level of comms from Trinity has been less then satisfactory so its ok for people to complain. After all we are paying customers and if products get delayed the company HAS to give weekly updates and not say they will update us and then not do anything, Its hard for me to defend Bob when he tells us Sunday/Monday last week that he will contact shippers and get back to us and then have no updates. Instead he has time to come on here and say the usual all questions have been answered many times. 

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #12,417 of 24,683

@Brooko

I understand your comments but...

....but now I wonder about the wisdom of Headfi allowing manufacturers to target customers on here when this has happened, and then tell us to stop discussing it because of negative comments about the company? Why would Headfi be so protective of a company and not its members?

This comment is why the mods and the Head-Fi forum should take an interest.  There is an implied sense of trust in a company that is a sponsor here, that products and deals posted will fair and the company will deliver in reasonable time frame, no?

The forum has let Trinity be a sponsor and post deals/pre-orders etc to sell products but the products are not being delivered as stated.  Please don't forget Trinity stated shipping started 4 weeks ago and would be finished by yesterday...not all orders would ship March 24th, ....yet the issues expressed have no place to be addressed and if members are not vocal somewhere what is left?

I also realize all the the comments(except the rumors of the business folding/disappearing is not appropriate it) are expression of frustration.
Sending Trinity an Email simply get a vague we are working through it, nothing concrete.  Communication takes 5-10 min, and would not slow delivery process at all.  In fact, it would alleviate all the emails

Moreover, the people posting know its not going to the product faster but the member wants to get any information available and know they are not alone.

If you lock this thread....then where can members discuss this issue?  

Maybe the forum administrator contact Trinity and act as liaison for some concrete information to help us.  Is that expecting too much?

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #12,418 of 24,683
I've never mentioned a lynch mob and don't doubt that we will get our iem's in the end.

I'm talking about the company and how they find enthusiasts on a site who pay up front in some cases, 9 months ahead of receiving the item and Headfi locking a thread up because we have discussed it.

Obviously the daft rumours are uncalled for, although in some cases, I think they were probably joking; especially shifting off to Spain, which I thought was quite funny actually.

I didn't think the thread was that bad to warrant locking myself but we can all keep quiet for another week easily but as enthusiasts, all in one place, we are kind of sitting targets for manufacturers where they can 'invent' new sales techniques specially for us all. This is the most unique one I've seen.

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #12,419 of 24,683
No - I simply asked that people wait a week after Bob announced that the product would be shipping.  it doesn't seem a lot to ask
We have a manufacturer whose communication with their customer base is extremely poor (I work in Sales and this has been handled atrociously IMO).  Trust has been breached, and once it is gone you get what you have now.  But you also have a select few who have been spreading rumour and innuendo as fact.  

I don't think @Brooko is defending Trinity in any way, quite the opposite reading what I quoted above. From an experienced and extremely patient moderator the statement above re. Breach of trust, and "handled atrociously" is rather damning. The manufacturer may lose patience with some customers, but when a moderator makes a comment like that, they had better take notice!
We all know what Bob said, some customers (not on Head-fi) had received product, and given him positive feedback. Yet nowhere on social media, Instagram Facebook, et al or on Trinity's website have there been any reviews, unboxings, pictures...A sum total of nothing. And no Head-fi members, who it is claimed make up a small portion of the purchases have received anything. That is extraordinary as a coincidence in and of itself.
Bob said he would revert after checking with shipping. Nothing.
Ridiculous rumours start to percolate about company "issues" - Bob appears instantly to reassure yet also to take umbrage. And drop a non sequitur into the conversation, much to the disbelief of those asking valid questions, the customers, the loyal customers who parted with money in advance and who have been posting "wait one more month, we are so excited to see our earphones" for months. Reading back through the threads one sees immense patience shown by those customers, quite impressive restraint and optimism. Now it is crumbling, and new customers watch, appalled as trust is eroded and future business lost.
As a salesman myself, it's like a horror show of how not to treat your biggest asset, your bread and butter, your present and future income - your customers! The customer *is* always right.
Edit: and when you've built your customer base of a forum of engaging, intelligent audio savvy people who gave ideas, support and money - I think you do owe them more than lip service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back