TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 23, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #3,017 of 24,683
My hunter better not have driver flex, even when inserting, would send it back if it had flex. I can forgive lower end iem's with driver flex, but spending big I can't, driver flex just tarnishes the experience for me, should be sorted out in the design phase.

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #3,018 of 24,683
My hunter better not have driver flex, even when inserting, would send it back if it had flex. I can forgive lower end iem's with driver flex, but spending big I can't, driver flex just tarnishes the experience for me, should be sorted out in the design phase.

99.99% of the time driver flex has zero to do with quality of the product/driver and is all due to pressure build up in your ear when inserting them, this can be due to the tip choice and ear anatomy.

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #3,020 of 24,683
the only iem that doesnt have driver flex is ba iems, dd will always have flex. its like saying i wont buy water because its wet, you can forgive cheap water for being wet but not very expensive water. haha nice thing to be fussed about. but ye some dd have less driver flex than others like delta doesnt have driver flex

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #3,022 of 24,683
99.99% of the time driver flex has zero to do with quality of the product/driver and is all due to pressure build up in your ear when inserting them, this can be due to the tip choice and ear anatomy.

Yes I know driver flex doesn't have to do with product quality in some situations, but it does have to do with product design. I have dynamic iems that have no driver flex and others that do have flex. As such, I would much prefer my iem to not have driver flex, especially if spending big, as I said, it tarnishes the experience for me.

the only iem that doesnt have driver flex is ba iems, dd will always have flex. its like saying i wont buy water because its wet, you can forgive cheap water for being wet but not very expensive water. haha nice thing to be fussed about. but ye some dd have less driver flex than others like delta doesnt have driver flex

Plenty of dd iems don't have driver flex. I even have totally sealed, un-vented dd iem's that don't have driver flex. Imo driver flex makes the iem feel incredibly cheap. It is inexcusable to me.

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #3,023 of 24,683
Just wanted to echo the general sentiment and say what great Customer Service, Trinity, and Bob especially, offer. Had to contact them for something and it was all sorted out painlessly and without a hitch. Looking forward to receiving the hunter when it comes out!

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #3,025 of 24,683
Wow. So you hear a licking sound? Is this heard easily with the music?

I am confused as to why some people are experiencing this. I have spent the past 5 minutes poking and prodding, removing, reinserting and I cannot reproduce this issue so I think it is most likely due to a faulty IEM not a design issue. Needless to say, given the insanely good customer service that Trinity offers, getting a replacement will be no issue.

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #3,026 of 24,683
I am confused as to why some people are experiencing this. I have spent the past 5 minutes poking and prodding, removing, reinserting and I cannot reproduce this issue so I think it is most likely due to a faulty IEM not a design issue. Needless to say, given the insanely good customer service that Trinity offers, getting a replacement will be no issue.

Not worried on customer service. Bob is amazing.

Just curious as someone Else mentioned this and then explain what it was because I had no idea. I am wondering how people are actually picking it up and is it easily heard during the music?

As with any product there always be a very small percentage of problems. That's normal with production, nothings perfect.

That's why Bob's concern for his customer and his amazing customer service is so fantastic and important .

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #3,027 of 24,683
Driver flex is obvious, you will hear a crinkling sound as you insert the iem, it is the sound of the driver warping due to the build up of pressure in ear canal and driver on insertion. Audio companies say it's normal and shrug it off, although in all fairness it won't damage the driver, as they are so thin they can flex away without issue. Although it isn't hard to make a driver stiff enough that it doesn't flex, like Sony uses LCP drivers for their high end iem and headphone, surprise, none of them have driver flex.

Btw I'm not singling out trinity on this issue, the expensive Sennheiser IE800 can also have driver flex. Nonetheless there are products out there that don't have driver flex, and I will stick to those products. So Hunter better not have it, if it does, let me know so I can cancel my order please.

Driver flex won't affect everyone, some peoples ears just evade it, and tip choice has an effect.

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #3,028 of 24,683
Not worried on customer service. Bob is amazing.

Just curious as someone Else mentioned this and then explain what it was because I had no idea. I am wondering how people are actually picking it up and is it easily heard during the music?

As with any product there always be a very small percentage of problems. That's normal with production, nothings perfect.

That's why Bob's concern for his customer and his amazing customer service is so fantastic and important .

Well the first thing i did was to contact Bob 
smily_headphones1.gif
 and yea, he's gonna send me some replacement units. I'm really happy that some people are not experiencing this. I remind you that this also depends on one's ear canal. I'll update you as soon as the replacements arrive.

To answer your question, it's not something that is brought up randomly, it's just when you push them into your ear. Problem is (besides the damage that can occur), sometimes when you bend/flex it, you actually have to pull them out a little so they can bend/flex back. When they don't bend back you can barely hear anything from the driver since is pressured and doesn't vibrate properly. The click sound is obvious as @T.R.A.N.C.E. stated.

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #3,029 of 24,683

Well the first thing i did was to contact Bob 
smily_headphones1.gif
 and yea, he's gonna send me some replacement units. I'm really happy that some people are not experiencing this. I remind you that this also depends on one's ear canal. I'll update you as soon as the replacements arrive.

To answer your question, it's not something that is brought up randomly, it's just when you push them into your ear. Problem is (besides the damage that can occur), sometimes when you bend/flex it, you actually have to pull them out a little so they can bend/flex back. When they don't bend back you can barely hear anything from the driver since is pressured and doesn't vibrate properly. The click sound is obvious as @T.R.A.N.C.E. stated.

Just curious, does it still happen when using different ear tips and filter lengths?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back