Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 Review (caution: long read).
May 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #31 of 96
@[color=#22229c]music_4321[/color] well as a owner of both the ex1000 (japan version) and the 7550.. i can clearly say the ex1000 is far from garbage when playing well recorded masters from HQ cds like sacd k2dc etc..
smile_phones.gif

May 30, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #32 of 96
Would love to hear these. Do they beat other flagships or hi end IEMs? Such as the Shure SE846, Heir 5.0, Fitear 334 or the Ultrasone IQ?

May 30, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #33 of 96
Quote:
Would love to hear these. Do they beat other flagships or hi end IEMs? Such as the Shure SE846, Heir 5.0, Fitear 334 or the Ultrasone IQ?

I personally like them more than the 334, AKG3003, 8A & Flat 4 Sui. You can also check out the main thread for more impressions. It's pretty long winded but the answers are in the pudding. The Shure's aren't officially out yet to my knowledge or are they? Can't help you on the Ultrasones.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623514/tralucent-audio-1plus2-iem-appreciation-impressions-thread

May 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #34 of 96
nice review...

FWIW...i sold my 1+2 and kept my k3003...no comparison on build quality, reliability (driver blew, and cable connector split), and portability...hell, i couldn't go for a walk with the 1+2, for constantly having to adjust them and fiddle with that stiff cable...the only tips that worked for me were comply's and they negatively affected the sonics...in the end too many tradeoffs for the supposed performance...

on that front...with the recessed mids and un-natural sound stage, i found myself adjusting the volume to excessive levels...low volume listen were a weak point for these as well as the previously mentioned portability...hell, my LCD2.2 are more portable that the 1+2...LOL...

i have absolutely no regrets parting with them...

May 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #35 of 96
What a great read, a truly excellent review!

I think we both have very similar opinions on what we hear from the 1plus2's and the two cables. Like you, the 1plus2's represent my end game IEM, they're what I have been searching for in a universal ever since I had to give up on the idea of customs after my JH13Pro experience.

I really appreciate the added clarity and improved ergonomics the silver/gold brings to the table but it loses some of the elusive "magic" the stock silver cable has for me. For me I find it hard to choose one over the other, they both bring unique things to the table. I could happily live with either but at the end of the day I find myself gravitating to the stock silver for my preferences but I tend to think most people will likely prefer the silver/gold.

Nice review! What was your experience with JH13 like?

May 30, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #36 of 96
Quote:
@[color=#22229c]music_4321[/color] well as a owner of both the ex1000 (japan version) and the 7550.. i can clearly say the ex1000 is far from garbage when playing well recorded masters from HQ cds like sacd k2dc etc..
smile_phones.gif

As a very happy ex EX1000 & 7550 owner, I can definitely tell you the EX1000 is far from garbage even with standard (16 bit/44.1 kHz) CDs—two great IEMs indeed—specially when these albums are well recorded / mastered — a good master is far more important than sample rate and bitrate. With poorly mastered albums (read: bright recordings or "loudness wars" albums, which are unfortunately far too common these days), however, the EX1000's treble, in particular, can be problematic at higher volumes.

May 30, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #37 of 96
Quote:

I got my pair of Heir 5.0's shortly after the tour pair of 1plus2's, honestly, there was no comparison in my mind, the 1plus2's are in completely different league. I actually like the 5.0's quite a bit, if I hadn't had the 1plus2's to compare side by side I probably would have happily kept them, but next to the 1plus2's they sounded compact and artificial.

Quote:
Nice review! What was your experience with JH13 like?

It's been a couple of years now so it's hard to say on a sonic level. At the time, when I was able to get the JH13Pro's to seal, they sounded better by far than any other IEM's I had heard to that point. Still, they could sound phenomenal on some recordings and not so hot on others. One of the things I found with the 1plus2's is they sound very good with everything I've thrown at them, maybe in some cases not quite as good as something else, but on a whole far more consistently excellent than anything else I've heard.

My experience with customs was pretty horrible though. Initially it my fit seemed like it was just a bit off so I sent them back for adjustment but it only seemed to get worse, to the point that they went back around 6 times for adjustments. Customer service was hit and miss, sometimes I would get emails from Jerry himself 5 minutes after sending one at midnight, other times it was like they just didn't listen to what I told them at all.

The real deal breaker for customs with me though was around the second refit I developed a bad case of TMJ which, to this day, causes sensitivity in my left ear around the bend. The way the 13Pro's fit they would just nudge the sensitive area at times so I tried to stick with it but the straw that finally broke the camels back for me was when, after half a year, 6 refits and a ton of money spent in shipping, Jerry finally said he wanted me to get new impressions so they could do a deeper fit. First, I only found one audiologist here who would do impressions so getting a new set would mean going to the mainland. Second, with the sensitivity and pain caused by the TMJ I just couldn't fathom a deeper fit.

So, in the end I gave up on the idea of customs and ever since have been looking for a universal to fill the gap left after having the 13Pro's. The 1plus2's are the first IEM that has felt like it truly competes at that level. Actually, from my recollections of the 13Pro's I would say I prefer the 1plus2's but not having them to compare side by side doesn't make that very valid outside of my own feelings.

May 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #38 of 96
Quote:

I got my pair of Heir 5.0's shortly after the tour pair of 1plus2's, honestly, there was no comparison in my mind, the 1plus2's are in completely different league. I actually like the 5.0's quite a bit, if I hadn't had the 1plus2's to compare side by side I probably would have happily kept them, but next to the 1plus2's they sounded compact and artificial.

Damn! I really want to buy these now... Man, just wished this hobby wasn't as expensive as it is. Do you guys know of ANY universals better than these? They seem to be the king atm.

May 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #40 of 96
Quote:
wao..impressive review!

Thanks mate. 

Quote:
thx fo the review.. u saved me 1000+bucks...lol

:)

Quote:
nice review...

FWIW...i sold my 1+2 and kept my k3003...no comparison on build quality, reliability (driver blew, and cable connector split), and portability...hell, i couldn't go for a walk with the 1+2, for constantly having to adjust them and fiddle with that stiff cable...the only tips that worked for me were comply's and they negatively affected the sonics...in the end too many tradeoffs for the supposed performance...

on that front...with the recessed mids and un-natural sound stage, i found myself adjusting the volume to excessive levels...low volume listen were a weak point for these as well as the previously mentioned portability...hell, my LCD2.2 are more portable that the 1+2...LOL...

i have absolutely no regrets parting with them...

Thanks, well, what's more important is that you found something you like. I do agree about portability, but it works for me now, not perfect, but I can deal with it. 

Quote:
Damn! I really want to buy these now... Man, just wished this hobby wasn't as expensive as it is. Do you guys know of ANY universals better than these? They seem to be the king atm.

It really depends on what you want your IEM to provide. There are other IEMs in the same range of sorts, but with different sound signatures. 

Quote:
nice review cravenz! definitely on my to buy list, these iems :) 

Heh. Thanks!

May 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #41 of 96
Quote:

In my opinion, no better universals when 1plus2s now on the market. I can't stop enjoying them after 2 months I bought them. I didn't try ie800 and k3003, but I did try Fit Ears 334s and FAD FI-BA-SS and they are way below. Very nice review, by the way.

May 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #45 of 96
I'm interested in 1Plus2, where I can get it?

On my mobile at the moment so linking is a tad difficult. If someone doesn't get back to you first by night my time, I'll link you to it later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back