Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 Review (caution: long read).
Aug 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #91 of 96
Should have said this long ago but nice review! I think you did a great job expressing how you hear them and what it means to you in relation to your needs. And it didn't even feel like 7 pages. :smile:

It's almost a shame you've reached your endgame, since I think we could do with a few more of your reviews around here. :p

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #92 of 96
Quote:
Dear sir, since I am still hesitating between JH13 & 1+2, I will be very interested to hear what you mean by "I had to give up on the idea of customs after my JH13Pro experience.".

thanks

A few years back I went down the customs path with the JH13Pro which I intended as my endgame IEM but I had quite a few issues. It started with what felt like minor fit issues but after sending them back 5 or 6 times over a period of six months or so I was never able to get a good fit. I think it was around the second refit I developed a bad case of TMJ which has ended up affecting my left ear with sensitivity around the bend so anything that inserts too deeply can cause pain. The initial fit on the 13Pro's wasn't too bad if I was careful but I finally had to give up after the 5th or 6th time when Jerry requested I go get a new set of impressions that went deeper. At that point I couldn't fathom the idea of starting the process all over again nor an IEM that went deeper than what I already had.

After my experience with the 13Pros I figured customs weren't for me and I was on the search for a universal that met or exceeded the 13Pro's until I found the 1Plus2's. It's been quite awhile since I heard the 13Pro's and I was only able to get them to fit properly on a few occasions but from memory I feel the 1Plus2's play in that same league if not exceed it and I'd say suit my preferences a little better as well.

Aug 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #93 of 96
Quote:

A few years back I went down the customs path with the JH13Pro which I intended as my endgame IEM but I had quite a few issues. It started with what felt like minor fit issues but after sending them back 5 or 6 times over a period of six months or so I was never able to get a good fit. I think it was around the second refit I developed a bad case of TMJ which has ended up affecting my left ear with sensitivity around the bend so anything that inserts too deeply can cause pain. The initial fit on the 13Pro's wasn't too bad if I was careful but I finally had to give up after the 5th or 6th time when Jerry requested I go get a new set of impressions that went deeper. At that point I couldn't fathom the idea of starting the process all over again nor an IEM that went deeper than what I already had.

After my experience with the 13Pros I figured customs weren't for me and I was on the search for a universal that met or exceeded the 13Pro's until I found the 1Plus2's. It's been quite awhile since I heard the 13Pro's and I was only able to get them to fit properly on a few occasions but from memory I feel the 1Plus2's play in that same league if not exceed it and I'd say suit my preferences a little better as well.

This is actually not uncommon with customs.  Not everyone enjoy listening to extended session with your ear fully filled.  I had similar experience with JH5 but it was a small enough loss I can write off without subjecting my ears to more discomfort.  Still envious for those who can take customs. My custom choices are pretty limited now, either the Fitear with their very short tip that don't need to extend to the second bend, or maybe ones with silicon tips like SE5.

But I do think I have reached end of my IEM upgrade path with 1p2.  I thought I ended it with the tg334 and it lasted for like 9 months.  Will see how it would be now with 1p2.

Aug 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #94 of 96
This is actually not uncommon with customs.  Not everyone enjoy listening to extended session with your ear fully filled.  I had similar experience with JH5 but it was a small enough loss I can write off without subjecting my ears to more discomfort.  Still envious for those who can take customs. My custom choices are pretty limited now, either the Fitear with their very short tip that don't need to extend to the second bend, or maybe ones with silicon tips like SE5.

But I do think I have reached end of my IEM upgrade path with 1p2.  I thought I ended it with the tg334 and it lasted for like 9 months.  Will see how it would be now with 1p2.

If you really plan on staying with your 1plus2's as your final final end game iem, I suggest you immediately log off Headfi, delete your account, block the site from your internet, and never ever come back! :D

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #95 of 96
Quote:
If you really plan on staying with your 1plus2's as your final final end game iem, I suggest you immediately log off Headfi, delete your account, block the site from your internet, and never ever come back!
biggrin.gif

lol that would be the safest bet. But given enough time he'd be decent at rooting out all the FOTM products and just not waste his time with them. There's more to this place than just buying gear although that is a big part of it. Just chatting it up with members who I'm close with is enough and being able to share experiences and see what new is interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back