Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jan 2, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #1,111 of 6,404
Quote:
I actually know nothing about it. I also meant tilted downwards with some spikes to create or balance the signature. Doh. I'm just regurgitating this information from a thread, I think it was the ES5 thread.

I still stand firm on graphs being ultimately useless in decision making besides giving us a small idea of how the can will sound relative to another. Data and measurements aren't, and doesn't represent, everything.

I agree on this point to an extent. Personally I agree on the matter that ultimately you should make the decision based on listening to said gear. But this is not always the case either in terms of sources (high output impedance) paired with said gear. That is where I won't agree on this as I've heard what such gear does to sensitive IEMs and headphones first hand and ever since that won't stand for it.

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #1,112 of 6,404
Quote:
This will probably change when you burn in the silver/gold cable, that takes a bit of time (125+ hours). You also commented that the 1p2 makes everything sound "better" which is probably due to the gold in the silver, making it more romantic, yet retains timbre and imaging. Also, the soundstage will definitely open up a lot once you get a lot of hours on it, and same goes for bass texture and microdetail.

Thanks for the read. :)

GG even with the Silver cable I can confirm it still sounds "better". Just the gold cable makes it more romantic and more personal in the mids and bass. While the silver is more neutral/transparent. Just the coloration the gold brings is so addicting for me now. I'm very happy with it and personally like it over even the silver cable :). On the older 1Plus2 its a no go. That gold cable is probably what lead to the less than savory impressions on it to begin with. Bass is overpowering with it... and treble gets a bit strident. I can't say mids are recessed though. They seem a bit more forward but all in all just not a good combo for an already fun IEM. Silver cable does wonders on the older model while the newer one excels on both silver and gold cables. I'd have passed on it myself to be honest with the gold cable....

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #1,113 of 6,404
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO

It also further cements what I've been saying, that the 1p2s feel like headphones...

Originally Posted by Lee730

But for me the 1Plus2s best aspect is in its mids. Yet not lacking at all in the treble or bass. Just simply put, amazing....

I am totally agreed with these impression

With additional : better separation and detail , 3 D soundstage like you hear from home Audio
All the music are so free out the box like you stay in big concert hall

This lunch time I show my Tralucent 1+2 to 3 of my friends with silver cable

3 friends of mine are agree that 1+2 one step above my fit ear 334 with alo upgrade cable

You must burn in more , day by day you can hear sound quality improvement

Note : please try direct with Astell and Kern AK 100 , these synergies are excelent

I love the natural and neutral SQ from 1+2

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #1,114 of 6,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO
It also further cements what I've been saying, that the 1p2s feel like headphones...
Originally Posted by Lee730
But for me the 1Plus2s best aspect is in its mids. Yet not lacking at all in the treble or bass. Just simply put, amazing....
I am totally agreed with these impression
With additional : better separation and detail , 3 D sound stage like you hear from home Audio
All the music are so free out the box like you stay in big concert hall
This lunch time I show my Tralucent 1+2 to 3 of my friends with silver cable
3 friends of mine are agree that 1+2 one step above my fit ear 334 with alo upgrade cable
You must burn in more , day by day you can hear sound quality improvement
Note : please try direct with Astell and Kern AK 100 , these synergies are excelent
I love the natural and neutral SQ from 1+2

How do you like it in comparison with the DX100/T1 combo? I am planning on getting the RWA AK100 and if indeed it is 95% of the sound quality of the DX100 then I'd be very happy. I'll PM you to talk a little more about it :).

Regarding the 1Plus2 I just got through listening to "Hang On" by Third strike. Towards the end of the song I heard details I've never heard before. I could hear birds in the background, sounded like a mixture of birds and children. I've never heard this before in the track and I've heard it several times. Although the realism/detail in the cymbal splashes was jaw-dropping as well.....

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #1,115 of 6,404
Quote:
I actually know nothing about it. I also meant tilted downwards with some spikes to create or balance the signature. Doh. I'm just regurgitating this information from a thread, I think it was the ES5 thread.

I still stand firm on graphs being ultimately useless in decision making besides giving us a small idea of how the can will sound relative to another. Data and measurements aren't, and doesn't represent, everything.

I agree that ultimately, preferences in sound is up to an individual's taste.

While data and measurement aren't everything, they do tell us something.

It is not wise to determine whether one will like the type of sound solely based on graphs but it is also not wise to disregard and downplay their importance either.

I believe in the merits of measurement. However, that does not mean that I will only use headphones with 'good' FR graph (good in whichever way one wishes to define it). I myself use a headphone with really weird FR - the ATH W3000ANV - simply because I like the way it sounds (those who are interested can look up the FR for the W3000ANV). I didn't look at its FR measurement and conclude that it is not anything worth listening. I also couldn't really make sense out of the chaos and determine that I will like it. My choice was made by the fact that I like its sound.

However, I do rely on the graphs to tell me more accurately why am I hearing it the way it is. For example, I may believe that there is a boost in the 2khz region but the graph shows it is 3khz (this is a hypothetical example that you won't find on the actual graph just for the sake of illustration). Shall I then say that the graph doesn't make sense and disregard it? Measurements and results, like any other scientific experiment, is reproducible anytime, any day. However, the way I hear things won't be able to be reproduced so accurately day in day out. I did audio mixing many times for musicians (both the experienced and the amateurs). Just a short real life example of a typical scenario that happened so often:

One singer told me that he needed his vocals to be more upfront. I went to the soundboard and pretended that I did something (when actually I didn't). I came out and said that it is done. They replied me that the sound is much better now.

What is the explanation? Words from other sound engineers tell me sometimes its all psycho acoustic. We are more fallible than what we strongly believe we are actually. Pro or amateur, they commit this same mistake. Even I will. That is not to say that our subjective hearing cease to matter, but it is to acknowledge its shortcoming.

Many people take sides (like in many other affairs of the world). In this case, they stand by either the 'subjective-listening-matters' camp or the 'objective-listening-matters camp'. I think that instead of choosing which camp to align ourselves with (seeing them as mutually exclusive), we should make use of the importance of both the subjective and objective tools available to us. In this way, we get a more holistic picture.

The I-hear-therefore-I-think-and-thus-I-believe-and-must-be-the-truth style of comment that is so prevalent on head-fi is actually troubling me. Hearing and liking what we hear is important. But there are other important things for us to learn and rely on as well. We all hear things differently and our preference aren't the same most of the time. Measurement helps to establish a base for universality. The rest is up to the individual.

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #1,116 of 6,404
I agree with you UE lover it is good to take the middle road. You get perspectives from both sides although on certain aspects I can be quite left or right depending on the situation. I agree graphs have their place and can give a baseline to help others make decisions. But at the same time those graphs can also be misleading and not entirely accurate to what we will hear/perceive. So it is a double-edged sword both ways.

Update: Well it looks like the sound stage is continuing to expand on the gold cable. Now it really does feel like full size headphones (spread out and well organized from left to right). This is what really drew me to the older model. Hard to believe you can get this type of sound out of and IEM.... I'd take an IEM any day over a full size can as long as you get the same quality if not better :wink:. With that you get the portability and the enjoyment factor all in one. Just one reason why I moved away from full size cans because I don't like to be encumbered with weighty gear. Heck the open-back 5000s were decently light but still not nearly as comfy as an IEM where I could forget I was wearing them. Still I may go down the path of full size cans again but to be honest I don't really have the slightest urge at this point. Maybe in a year or two I'll consider it.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #1,117 of 6,404
How do you like it in comparison with the DX100/T1 combo? I am planning on getting the RWA AK100 and if indeed it is 95% of the sound quality of the DX100 then I'd be very happy. I'll PM you to talk a little more about it :).

Regarding the 1Plus2 I just got through listening to "Hang On" by Third strike. Towards the end of the song I heard details I've never heard before. I could hear birds in the background, sounded like a mixture of birds and children. I've never heard this before in the track and I've heard it several times. Although the realism/detail in the cymbal splashes was jaw-dropping as well.....

Yes I also has the same experience with 1+2 about the detail and separation and 3 D soundstage .

Combo AK 100 + T 1 vs Dx 100 + T1

AK 100 is above the dx 100 as transport in term :

Clarity , detail and transparency and wider soundstage as well

Dx 100 sound zig overall is thicker than AK 100

T1 is very neutral and natural sound quality

Combo T1 + AK 100 is better than combo Dx 100 + T1

This is my personal opinion

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #1,119 of 6,404
Quote:
Yes I also has the same experience with 1+2 about the detail and separation and 3 D soundstage .
Combo AK 100 + T 1 vs Dx 100 + T1
AK 100 is above the dx 100 as transport in term :
Clarity , detail and transparency and wider soundstage as well
Dx 100 sound zig overall is thicker than AK 100
T1 is very neutral and natural sound quality
Combo T1 + AK 100 is better than combo Dx 100 + T1
This is my personal opinion

This makes me want it even more now :wink:. Thanks alot! lol.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #1,121 of 6,404
I think he found the DX100 to be better still as a standalone. But who is to say that won't change from the modded RWA AK100 :).

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #1,123 of 6,404
This makes me want it even more now :wink:. Thanks alot! lol.

In AK 100 thread Anakchan has already his RWA AK 100 , I ask him for impression between

AK 100 standard vs RWA AK 100

Direct drive 1+2 with AK 100 standard sound quality is so excellent Lee

I hope with RWA AK 100 has more detail and better power

Now the power to drive my 1+2 is enough , I turn the volume 65 - 70 is already loud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back