Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jul 22, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #3,272 of 6,404
Quote:
I wonder if ours sound a bit different. It's not the best at low bass but mine is less etched than my Ipod touch 3 or 4 and a lot less lean than the Nova was. I though the 901 that I heard warmed the mids less.

Hmm the thing is I really don't find my Studio V to warm the mids much at all. I don't consider mine that warm. I'd say slightly warm. But the bass has really good control and slam (still probably not enough for your average listener). I consider mine to be just before the point of roll off. The RWA AK100 in comparison sounded muddy in the bass next to my Studio V.

Jul 22, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #3,273 of 6,404
Quote:
Quote:
 ​
Thanks good to know that u prefer 1p2 over jh13. I was considering the jh13 for a long time.. finally put my curiosity to rest now.

I am starting to seriously think that the 1p2 might be the only IEM that win over all headfiers as one of the very best out there.

Anyone finds the 1p2 sucks ... No?

They are definitely competitive with any custom. I haven't heard the Uber cable but did prefer my run in jh13s to the 1+2. Once run in, the 13s already have bass north of neutral. That's simply a preference and there's none of the fitting issues etc. with the 1+2. There's much to be said for them. Gavin voicing the upgraded cables for one and it's obvious they are well sorted by someone that knows what he's doing. The cables may not be cheap but they work and really, it's a big deal.

For instance, I've tried 6 different cables on my JHs from pure silver to SPC, copper and Litz etc. and while each had attributes, I didn't think them either cost effective or better than stock which is a but grungy. They have either been loaned or resold other than the 1sy Moon cable that I refunded but I really did plan on keeping it when I purchased. I don't like the buy to try and than return attitude that some have. We all pay for it eventually.

I've got a hybrid cable on the way from someone that seems to have a clue and a very generous nature. I also built my own copper out of the 4 cores of a microphone cable that I like after removing their individual shielding and that one seem to sing. I doubt it's anything more than thin OFC with a PE insulator. Drifting off topic a bit but there is a point to talking about this quest. What I'm getting at is that the cable/IEM synergy thing can make things worse as easily as better. Many folks expect better so when they hear a difference, it becomes the assumption, perhaps to their detriment. Easy to get fooled without a lot of experience. 

Here, Gavin has given a clear path to improvement. We all have better things to do than have to deal with this sort of minutia. Like listening to music.
bigsmile_face.gif

This is very interesting. I never looked nor asked about whether my JH-13s needed to be run in. They are sounding a bit lack-luster at the moment, but some of that is the more flat FR I'm sure.  Did you post up anywhere the results of your cable comparisons?

More on topic for the thread: I've been using Sony XBA tips with the 1plus2s quite a bit but did irritatingly have the left one come off in my ear a couple of times when removing them. The sound difference between those and the clear tips is only slight. I probably should try the dark tips again to see how they fare with me, but they were uncomfortable for the most part.

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #3,274 of 6,404
Hei Gavin, is your mailbox working. I am trying to pm you, but it doesn't go through.

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #3,275 of 6,404
Quote:

This is very interesting. I never looked nor asked about whether my JH-13s needed to be run in. They are sounding a bit lack-luster at the moment, but some of that is the more flat FR I'm sure.  Did you post up anywhere the results of your cable comparisons?

More on topic for the thread: I've been using Sony XBA tips with the 1plus2s quite a bit but did irritatingly have the left one come off in my ear a couple of times when removing them. The sound difference between those and the clear tips is only slight. I probably should try the dark tips again to see how they fare with me, but they were uncomfortable for the most part.

I'll pm you about the specifics. It's difficult to seperate qualitative from quantitative in cable reviews other than build etc. So much of it becomes synergism with a device. Like I said, Gavin has done that for us here and there is much to be said for it.

Jul 23, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #3,276 of 6,404
I think I'm ready to pull the trigger.  I'm a complete noob when it comes to portable audio.  Could you please give some recommendations for amp/dac/dap that would complement the 1plus2?  Sound quality is the most important attribute so I don't necessarily need to have the most portable/thinnest rig.  I listen to 70% modern rock/pop and 30% acoustic (jazz, folk, etc), and appreciate accuracy, imaging and clarity.  My max budget is around $1200.

Many thanks.

Jul 23, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #3,277 of 6,404
Quote:
I think I'm ready to pull the trigger.  I'm a complete noob when it comes to portable audio.  Could you please give some recommendations for amp/dac/dap that would complement the 1plus2?  Sound quality is the most important attribute so I don't necessarily need to have the most portable/thinnest rig.  I listen to 70% modern rock/pop and 30% acoustic (jazz, folk, etc), and appreciate accuracy, imaging and clarity.  My max budget is around $1200.

Many thanks.

DO IT! 
biggrin.gif

I can certainly recommend the headphones and can only say that they sound awesome on my Colorfly C4, I too asked the DAP question as I am looking for a possible alternative.

I listen to lee730 quite a lot, so although (judging by the usual Head Fi "Wish I never asked" stream above)...I am glad I asked and think that I will be going for an AK120. Loads of Headphone Gods are posting pics of their 1plus2's paired with the AK120 and all are reporting as aces.

I am pretty new also. I promise that you can't go wrong with 1plus2's.

There seems to be a few opinions with regards to DAP's...and the AK120 thread will twizzle your mind too 
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #3,278 of 6,404
Quote:

Many thanks.

I would say get AK120 or if you can find from the old prices, Tera Player.

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #3,279 of 6,404
I would also vote for this:

Personally I like this better than with my AK120 especially for classical and live music. But you can't go wrong anyway. Never heard the 1plus2 not pairing well.

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #3,280 of 6,404
Quote:
I would also vote for this:

Personally I like this better than with my AK120 especially for classical and live music. But you can't go wrong anyway. Never heard the 1plus2 not pairing well.

kkcc have you tried DSD files yet? I don't think even the 901 would compare at that point. It's just ridiculously good with well mastered material. Takes portable audio to a whole other level on the AK120.

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #3,281 of 6,404
does anyone know the current price for 1p2+uber cable? just got a quote from an OZ distributor(?)

if it is not appropriate to quote price on forum would anyone pm me? Thanks!! just about to pull the trigger to pair with dx100 to replace the Heir 5.0+

damn this chasing "better" never end......Heir 5.0+ is really good for a IEM but after listening to my brand new LA7000 which i intended for collection purpose, i cannot forget that sound, punchy yet controlled bass with great texture and body and big sound stage.  I hope 1p2 + uber would do the same trick similar to LA7000 on dx100...

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #3,282 of 6,404
Quote:
does anyone know the current price for 1p2+uber cable? just got a quote from an OZ distributor(?)

if it is not appropriate to quote price on forum would anyone pm me? Thanks!! just about to pull the trigger to pair with dx100 to replace the Heir 5.0+

damn this chasing "better" never end......Heir 5.0+ is really good for a IEM but after listening to my brand new LA7000 which i intended for collection purpose, i cannot forget that sound, punchy yet controlled bass with great texture and body and big sound stage.  I hope 1p2 + uber would do the same trick similar to LA7000 on dx100...

PM sent.........

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #3,284 of 6,404

I don't think you'll be disappointed, in my opinion the 1plus2 is in a completely different league than the 5.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back