Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #1,876 of 6,404
Quote:
I think the Miracles have a great personality. The 1plus2 are more proficient technically, but bear in mind that I used a Tralucent cable with the Miracles, which helps too. Keep in mind to that I am not the ultimate reviewer, so I do not make HUGE differences at that level.

What I'm interested to know is how they compare without the source and amp gear 
very_evil_smiley.gif

On a side note, I've been away, away from the internet, down with the flu bug since I was in Australia, so only now getting back up to speed. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #1,877 of 6,404
Quote:
I think the Miracles have a great personality. The 1plus2 are more proficient technically, but bear in mind that I used a Tralucent cable with the Miracles, which helps too. Keep in mind to that I am not the ultimate reviewer, so I do not make HUGE differences at that level.

How do the miracles sound with stock cable vs with the gold cable? Do you consider it a significant upgrade to the miracles sound vs stock cable? I felt this way on the 8As. As a matter of fact I was not very impressed at all with the 8As on the stock cable.... Was just too dull and bland... In that I was a bit happy in a way because now I have a use for the gold cable lol.

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #1,878 of 6,404
Quote:

What I'm interested to know is how they compare without the source and amp gear 
very_evil_smiley.gif

On a side note, I've been away, away from the internet, down with the flu bug since I was in Australia, so only now getting back up to speed. 

Honestly no clue. But both of them are pretty transparent to the source, so if the source is crappy...

Apr 1, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #1,879 of 6,404
Quote:
How do the miracles sound with stock cable vs with the gold cable? Do you consider it a significant upgrade to the miracles sound vs stock cable? I felt this way on the 8As. As a matter of fact I was not very impressed at all with the 8As on the stock cable.... Was just too dull and bland... In that I was a bit happy in a way because now I have a use for the gold cable lol.

It accentuates the quality of airiness and sort of makes the sound sharper and more forward. But that is from memory and coming from the Beat Audio Cronus which is SPC. I now use the Cronus with the 5.0, which sounds great, keeps it sounding smooth like it should I think

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #1,880 of 6,404
Quote:
Honestly no clue. But both of them are pretty transparent to the source, so if the source is crappy...

Use a different source. Do you not have a mobile phone? Computer? Another portable source apart from the DX100? 
mad.gif

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #1,881 of 6,404
Quote:
It accentuates the quality of airiness and sort of makes the sound sharper and more forward. But that is from memory and coming from the Beat Audio Cronus which is SPC. I now use the Cronus with the 5.0, which sounds great, keeps it sounding smooth like it should I think

On the 8A it did bring more focus to the sound. Treble did increase yet it is even smoother than before yet not sounding dull. Bass has better texture/decay, mids are also slightly more upfront. The sound stage is a little smaller but in a good way (more focused). Going back to the mangus was not going to do. I mean I really like the build of that cable. It's built like a tank and is malleable. But at the expense of the 8As full potential which for me was a no go.

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #1,883 of 6,404
Quote:
lol so are you still undecided :p.

Waiting on Gavin actually. Already decided. Still, doesn't hurt to know 
redface.gif

Though if I'm honest, the 1Plus2 not exactly blowing the Miracles out of the water put a back burner 
frown.gif

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #1,884 of 6,404
Quote:

Waiting on Gavin actually. Already decided. Still, doesn't hurt to know 
redface.gif

Though if I'm honest, the 1Plus2 not exactly blowing the Miracles out of the water put a back burner 
frown.gif

Remember preference also plays a roll in our perceptions. One mans garbage is another mans gold. Some take those minor improvements and see them as bigger improvements than another person would. In reality as you move up the chain the improvements do get smaller compared to the price ratio spent on said gear.

Just as mimou had mentioned the 1Plus2s image in front of you as if the band is playing in front of you while you are in the 3rd row. That sort of presentation is more realistic and true to the source as most recorded content is mastered to be played from a stereo setup. That quality alone is what really sets this IEM apart from the rest, it's a very unique presentation not normally associated with IEMs for that matter. Not sure if you read the diary thread but even muppet had mentioned the IEM being one of the most out of head IEMs she's heard in terms of the presentation and that its spatial presentation is similar to the HD800.

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #1,885 of 6,404
Quote:
Remember preference also plays a roll in our perceptions. One mans garbage is another mans gold. Some take those minor improvements and see them as bigger improvements than another person would. In reality as you move up the chain the improvements do get smaller compared to the price ratio spent on said gear.

Just as mimou had mentioned the 1Plus2s image in front of you as if the band is playing in front of you while you are in the 3rd row. That sort of presentation is more realistic and true to the source as most recorded contend is mastered to be played from a stereo setup. That quality alone is what really sets this IEM apart from the rest, it's a very unique presentation not normally associated with IEMs for that matter. Not sure if you read the diary thread but even muppet had mentioned the IEM being one of the most out of head IEMs she's heard in terms of the presentation and that its spatial presentation is similar to the HD800.

Gavin linked me there, but I don't follow it. It's hard to keep up with that many threads going around really. I still need to reply to the PMs from Australia that I missed! Oops. 

That said, the longer I wait to upgrade, the more I get bored i.e. the hype is dying down. 

The bass on the 1Plus2s better not be anything like the HD800. I've heard them on a good rig, and I have no intentions of replicating that. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have them, just not for everyday use walking around SQ. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #1,886 of 6,404
The diary thread does mover very fast. Sometimes I just skip to the end as I ain't gonna read 200+ posts :p

lol what was wrong with its bass? I hear it has very well controlled bass. Not bass-head enough for you :wink:...?

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #1,887 of 6,404
Quote:
The diary thread does mover very fast. Sometimes I just skip to the end as I ain't gonna read 200+ posts :p

lol what was wrong with its bass? I hear it has very well controlled bass. Not bass-head enough for you :wink:...?

The latter. I don't exactly find the sound to be too engaging. It's more a sit back and relax setup in my opinion. 

But yes, I'm enough of a bass head to qualify as one, but not a complete bass head to the extreme end. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #1,888 of 6,404
Quote:

The latter. I don't exactly find the sound to be too engaging. It's more a sit back and relax setup in my opinion. 

But yes, I'm enough of a bass head to qualify as one, but not a complete bass head to the extreme end. 

Wow really? I never heard of the HD800 sounding too relaxing lol. You sure you not mixing up the IE8 with them :D. The IE8 put me to sleep behind the wheel before :p.

Apr 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #1,889 of 6,404
Quote:
Wow really? I never heard of the HD800 sounding too relaxing lol. You sure you not mixing up the IE8 with them :D. The IE8 put me to sleep behind the wheel before :p.

Hahahaha...well, I know what you mean, but...still. Not for me. To be honest. I heard that in what, 2010 / 11 so 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back