Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Aug 30, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #106 of 795
Hi again,

Well I got an issue with my Studio V....

I am unable to get the ID tag recognized...

I precised that I already clean all files, remove all ID3v2 and APE tags only keeping basic ID3v1 but no good.
When the file is in the internal memory it's ok, when on the SD card nothing....

Any idea ?

Thanks..

Aug 30, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #107 of 795
Quote:
Hi again,

Well I got an issue with my Studio V....

I am unable to get the ID tag recognized...

I precised that I already clean all files, remove all ID3v2 and APE tags only keeping basic ID3v1 but no good.
When the file is in the internal memory it's ok, when on the SD card nothing....

Any idea ?

Thanks..

What Micro SD card are you using? If its the SDXC card format it to FAT32 before using it. Be sure to delete the system file if it is on your external storage card. I'm using Sandisk cards an having no issues (32GB and 64GB).

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #109 of 795
Quote:
Sandisk SDSX 64Gb, formated (complete) in Fat32...
Musique is working, my problem is whith the ID Tag...

So which format do you have then? What music are you using? I use lossless FLAC and have no issues? There are various tags for mp3 files and such.

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #110 of 795
MP3, VBR 320K, Tag ID3v1...
File on the internal memory is OK, same file on SD card is not seen in the musique manager (Album, Artist...)
blink.gif

Aug 30, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #116 of 795
Quote:
Tried with ID3v2, same process (empty System dir, reset, etc...)...
Not better...

What program did you use to format the card to FAT32? I used guiformat.ex. Are you trying to access these files from the Resource Manager? Try doing it this way directly to the SD card. Maybe you possibly don't have the albums tagged appropriately to be viewed by album/artist.

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #117 of 795
I used guiformat also... and remember the mp3 files, when on the internal memory work just fine...
I'll try with another card (however smaller...dont have to 64G...)

Thanks all for trying...

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #118 of 795
Quote:
I used guiformat also... and remember the mp3 files, when on the internal memory work just fine...
I'll try with another card (however smaller...dont have to 64G...)

Thanks all for trying...

Notred if you want try to open up a folder that is giving issues and load it into mp3tag and take a screen shot of it for me. Send it to me via PM so I can see what is going on here. If it works for me and everyone else something has to be wrong. Either the tags, the player itself, or your SD card. But this is not normal.

I've been getting questions on how to properly clean the tags so I'll post it here again. Was a PITA digging it up... lol

Step 1: Download Mp3tag

Step 2: Go into Tool/Options. Under Tags you have Mpeg and Ape, Mpc... You want to make sure Read is check marked for both Mpeg and Ape. For "Write" make sure only ID3v1 is checked (for both Mpeg and Ape). Under "Remove" check ID3v2 and APE. If you have APE files it is recommended not to use them as those files work slow on the Studio V. Convert them over to FLAC instead. Then select Ok to apply changes in options.

Step 3: Drag and drop your files you wish to apply this to. I recommend doing this from your Hard drive if you wanna save time as the changes can be applied much faster this way. Then again reloading your Studio V and SD card could take the same amount of time. It's really only a 1 time process thing so it's not a big deal. Anyways once you've dragged and dropped the files you wish to apply these changes to, highlight all the files or click on the "Filename" area and then press Ctrl + A. Now Select Remove tags or that big X just below "Edit" (top left corner area of Mp3tag). Once all tags have been removed simply click "undo Changes" located next to "Remove tags". This will restore all your tags on the fly except for v3.2 tags. To be on the safe side you can also select "Save" to ensure these changes stay. This is located to the left of "Remove tags".

Step 4: I also recommend cleaning up your tags. If you have junk such as "Comment", "Composer", "Disc number", and "embedded album art" this will all contribute to slowing down your device. I'll tell you how to remove all this on the fly. Again press Ctrl + A to hilight all your files. Then under Comment/Composer/Disc number select <blank> for them all. Once you've completed this now right click on the album art area (located below disc number). Select "Remove Cover". Now all you have to do now is Select "Save" and it will apply all these changes for you (just make sure all your files are constantly hilighted when doing all the above directions in order to apply them).

Problem should be solved and your player should be rather responsive on start up. Mine takes roughly 16 seconds (correction) to load from the SD card and on-board. I did a countdown myself and it's 16 seconds for my unit (20 seconds if you start the countdown from when you first power the unit on). Enjoy folks! :)

Edited by lee730 - 6/29/12 at 9:46pm

Aug 31, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #119 of 795
Hi... tested with a 8G SDHC, formated fat32, no way....

@lee370, I already did this (already went through your post before :wink:).
I did it with mp3tag AND tagscan....

I give up...

Aug 31, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #120 of 795
You shouldn't have to format a SDHC to FAT32? Only SDXC.... If you are still having problems then I suggest you reinstall the firmware. That will be the last attempt. If it ain't working after that then you need to send it in for replacement to Jack. I also asked you to send me a screen shot of mp3tag with some of these files that are giving you problems. I may be able to see what is causing the issue.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/587884/hisound-studio-rocoo-firmware-files

Users who are viewing this thread

Back