Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 27, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #8,896 of 10,312
Just looking at the 2 wire IEM version and am a bit confused, how does that actually work as there is only 1 cable per side? Is it split internally in a way you can't see? How flexible is it compared to the Silver Widow 22 and how should it effect the sound comparatively? Really tempted by this as the single strand looks way more comfortable with glasses!

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #8,897 of 10,312
Frank,

I just made an order for your new Hydra for my Audeze LCD-2.
Really looking forward to listening to it.

LT

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #8,898 of 10,312
looking forward to hear about Silver Widow vs Hyrda. the reason why i always pick SW22 over any silver cable is the bass. i think the gold % in the SW cable (with the way that frank make it) make the bass so epic, it sound punchier than normal silver. even the Treble got more air.

now with the Hydra is here the silver game vs SW22 might change?  i assume the Hydra will still sound like silver but more refined and at its finest? yet will not be different as i hope? :p

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #8,899 of 10,312
I just place the order for Hydra 18AWG 2-wires and Hydra 22AWG 4-wires for my A12.

I'm really looking forward to them now!!

Big thanks to Frank for your prompt response, as always.

Cheers

Jul 27, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #8,900 of 10,312
  Update: I have ordered the Hydra 18awg 2-wire version for CIEM. Thank you Frank for expediting this purchase and the preview discount!

Did you choose the Hydra with your H8.2 ciem in mind?
I've read that that one matches best with silver => Hydra also got my attention now
Hopefully it is not too thick / heavy for (c)iem use...

looking forward to hear about Silver Widow vs Hyrda. the reason why i always pick SW22 over any silver cable is the bass. i think the gold % in the SW cable (with the way that frank make it) make the bass so epic, it sound punchier than normal silver. even the Treble got more air.

now with the Hydra is here the silver game vs SW22 might change?  i assume the Hydra will still sound like silver but more refined and at its finest? yet will not be different as i hope? :p

Yep...a SW22 vs Hydra sq & signature comparison would be very interesting indeed
rolleyes.gif

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #8,901 of 10,312

Unfortunately we cannot take back used cables, you should be able to sell this for a good price quite easily. Once you do, let me know what you sold it for and i will sort something out for you on the new cable.

Unfortunately i keep new releases to myself till the very last minute for a reason which is why i could not tell anyone about it earlier or before your purchase, that reason should be apparent if your read my last few posts.

Hope you understand.

Of course Frank no bad blood here and i totally understand. I was just teasing you, actually i´m quite happy with my cable, as i do believe all Toxic Cable owners are with their one cables. Will keep this one for awhile and i certainly know which will be my next cable upgrade fo sure.
You just keep doing what you do best!!
gs1000.gif

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #8,902 of 10,312

Of course Frank no bad blood here and i totally understand. I was just teasing you, actually i´m quite happy with my cable, as i do believe all Toxic Cable owners are with their one cables. Will keep this one for awhile and i certainly know which will be my next cable upgrade fo sure.
You just keep doing what you do best!!
gs1000.gif

Thanks for understanding.

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #8,903 of 10,312
once i finish with my current setups, i will go with Hydra 18AWG :D

few days ago i've bought SW22 for my moded TH900 (HD800 connectors) 

i love it when frank bring a new top cable, i remember going from SW25 to SW22, i assumed i won't be able to hear the difference but frank keep surprising me each time.

can't wait to order the Hydra 18AWG  :<  but got to buy WA5-LE tubes and maybe LAu amp first.

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #8,905 of 10,312
I'm so interested in the Hydra but I don't see it on the website. Can anyone direct me to it?

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #8,906 of 10,312

Did you choose the Hydra with your H8.2 ciem in mind?
I've read that that one matches best with silver => Hydra also got my attention now
Hopefully it is not too thick / heavy for (c)iem use...

Yes H8.2 is one of the CIEMs in my collection I will pair Hydra with. Most of my CIEM sound sigs don't feature a sharp tuning (e.g. Aether, Noble 6), and silver seems litz seems like the appropriate candidate to attempt getting more resolution.

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #8,908 of 10,312
LOL, hopefully not. I really want to order one. Have always been interested in his cables.

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #8,909 of 10,312
Unfortunately i have not yet had the chance to list the cable on the website yet, i will try to get it up in the next day or so.  If you need to order in the meantime, please PM me and i will reply to you this evening as going to get a little sleep now as been up all night replying to emails, making cables and taking new orders.

Thank you to everyone for all the orders, these cables cables have been extremely popular and i promise you will not be disappointed with them. 

Please follow our Facebook page for new updates, prize draws and general discussions,

Facebook

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #8,910 of 10,312
Frank reply my email before you go and sleep! I will make payment first! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back