Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #4,891 of 10,312
Frank: maybe you posted this elsewhere, but are you planning on going to Denver this coming weekend?!

Also I Love the Silver Widows for my JH16s and want to know if your joking or serious about the £3,000 new cable as I may be a buyer...

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #4,892 of 10,312
i think i can answer that one..yes..balanced wires dont exist..cables with balanced connectors do... 
wink.gif

i had a single ended BW and now a completely (seperated for left and right cables) balanced BW with dual 3pin XLR cable.. thanks frank for this heavenly cable by the way!
and what i found out was the wider soundstage.and less microphiobcs (the the already quiet BW).and it sounded like the music was louder (more current coming through?) at the same knob position... and i use a  single ended to dual xlr adapter...cant wait to use it in december on my new to come balanced amp..damn..the wait is killing me!!!.. but it can also be all in my head 
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #4,893 of 10,312
http://www.silverfi.com/index.html

"We have a unique drawing and casting technology. We manufacture our own specially cast silver and silver-alloy. All SilverFi cables have air gapped, discrete strand topology. All cables are fully hand made in-house. They simply can not be made in a bulk form. So, there is no cable bulk to cut from. Every model/order is prepared/manufactured one-by-one. All our products are bench tested and sonicaly evaluated to assure uncompromised performance and quality."

I also believe ALO used a vendor for their cryo copper in the early days. Not sure if they still use them or not.

No, it's not important in the final analysis of the product but in the length of time it takes to get it. I thought maybe a batch had to be ran to fill orders and orders had to be placed first.

Thank you Frank for responding.

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #4,894 of 10,312
I just got a second hand Toxic Hybrid Balanced Hifiman cable... n I must admit... Im impressed with the build n sound of the cable. At one point in my ignorence I doubted Frank... Well mouth open foot inserted

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #4,896 of 10,312
http://www.silverfi.com/index.html

"We have a unique drawing and casting technology. We manufacture our own specially cast silver and silver-alloy. All SilverFi cables have air gapped, discrete strand topology. All cables are fully hand made in-house. They simply can not be made in a bulk form. So, there is no cable bulk to cut from. Every model/order is prepared/manufactured one-by-one. All our products are bench tested and sonicaly evaluated to assure uncompromised performance and quality."

I also believe ALO used a vendor for their cryo copper in the early days. Not sure if they still use them or not.

No, it's not important in the final analysis of the product but in the length of time it takes to get it. I thought maybe a batch had to be ran to fill orders and orders had to be placed first.

Thank you Frank for responding.

Dude...u cant do this what u just did... Pirating a appreciating thread with a brand of ur own..u know that totally illegal right? No matter if u did this on purpose or acidentional out of passion... People are banned for less!!!! And whats bothering me now is that ur not a rookie here on headfi..u KNOW u cant do this! If ur reacting on my request in giving meinfo..u should have done that by pm..everyone knows that!!

And u say: WE..so ur actually activally connected to this silverfly? Ru serious??? Posting here??

Another thing: I would think a company that can afford to run a wire manufacturing and processing plant that would cost millions to set up for their own cables that their site would look more professional and be able to afford plastic shrinking with their personal logo on it. If i am not mistaken if you look at the RCA cable, u are using yellow and green stripe plastic shrink that is for power cables. I also find it a bit off u guys present ur cables in a cheap box that is made for Jewellery. If a company can afford to have its own plant and in so having a budget of millions of R&D (right?) that they cant afford to have their own uniquely (ur cables are unique also right?) high quality box made and have a better site :D

.its even worse then franks site a year ago when i checked it when i was looking for a new cable buy..sorry frank..but is was horrible to my eyes..lolz.. But ur SUPERFLY site was even worse..it very much made me think about another US based brand which also has a page only dedicated with 'reviews' and using very agressive marketing techiniques bordering to pure illigal acting on certain audio forums.....and to be honest..i doubt that works...buyers are very handy to check for news nowadays...
Just saying...
But posting this..i wonder if its worth it..its always same story.. Somehow this thread atracts the strangest people...funny is that toxic affectionees are always respectful.. As they dont invade other threads without a cause... As they know frank wouldnt like that..he said that a million times now here on this thread.... So i am glad i am one of those..as i only react when i feel this wonderful thread being invaded..so weird..am glad that the brand of my new amp is like toxic..no screaming marketing or customers invading other threads with big words..no they are like frank..THEY KNOW HOW GOOD THEY ARE... THEY DONT NEED TO PROVE IT EVERY TIME...And THEIR CUSTOMERS KNOW THAT TOO..thats why i ordered an amp of theirs..and i will be a long time customer of toxic.. As They both are simple and truthfull (there are other brands ofcourse: norse, decware, woo audio, bakoon and others..all with good designed sites..).. Its what they give to ur ears what counts..and for a price thats very affordable for what they achieve!!! Am glad i soon will be a member of that amp brand and ofcourse my lifelong membership with toxic... Lolz

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #4,897 of 10,312
Dude...u cant do this what u just did... Pirating a appreciating thread with a brand of ur own..u know that totally illegal right? No matter if u did this on purpose or acidentional out of passion... People are banned for less!!!! And whats bothering me now is that ur not a rookie here on headfi..u KNOW u cant do this! If ur reacting on my request in giving meinfo..u should have done that by pm..everyone knows that!!

And u say: WE..so ur actually activally connected to this silverfly? Ru serious??? Posting here??

But as u mentioned it..i checked UR site..and for a company who states having a millions worth of (i know how much those plants cost by the way!)manufacturing facility to fabricate cables from raw material (as u state) ..why the heck ur site is even more poor looking then the one of franks a year ago (sorry frank..but ur site was terrible a year ago..lolz).

.a company stating they are high end cable wise and production wise..i wonder why u dont havenvesteh some more money on ur marketng department to come up with a better site (example:site of furutech!) ..u have a dedicated pages about reviews (i know another US based brand who tries to sell their products with pages long of 'reviews' on their site....and ask others to post on certain threads..and to be honest..i doubt that works...buyers are very handy to check for news nowadays...
Just saying...

huh thats what his post was... i saw the url n just skipped over it... didnt even bother to read it till now... plus the quotes made it seem like a cheap copy n paste spam post anyways. Nice advertising there pal... nothing I like more than an ill placed wall of txt... not to mention the obvious lack of some kind of ethics

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #4,898 of 10,312
I just got a second hand Toxic Hybrid Balanced Hifiman cable... n I must admit... Im impressed with the build n sound of the cable. At one point in my ignorence I doubted Frank... Well mouth open foot inserted
welcome to the club my friend.. I TOLD U...once ur bitten.. :D
Enjoy ur cable my brother :wink:
What balanced amp ur using? Burson? Woo audio? Decware? Or more exotic? :wink:
And on what headphone ur using the hybrid?
Can untell us short what improved winthe toxic cable in ur music experience? Be honest..if it was just a little..u can say it..this is no sales pitch..we only need honest opinions of customers on this thread..especially of initial unbelievers like u...u ex-infidel. Hehehehehe
I ask u this as i am already thinking in buying a new cable next year..maybe a 8wire hybrid..or if thats possible a 12 wire version..wow..that would show off franks skills.. Oops..am daydreamin now..well..we will see next year..when my budget is replenished again..as i am deadbroke now..this year was deadly for my poor wallet..i think i could have bought a small car of what i spend on audio this year..lolz..and if my wife knew it i would be homeless now and having a very high pitched voice..lolz.. :D

Soooo... Elaborate about ur first impressions of ur new cable my friend..dont keep anything back... Because of Hearing the honest opinions of us frank can make even better cables.. :wink:

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #4,899 of 10,312
huh thats what his post was... i saw the url n just skipped over it... didnt even bother to read it till now... plus the quotes made it seem like a cheap copy n paste spam post anyways. Nice advertising there pal... nothing I like more than an ill placed wall of txt... not to mention the obvious lack of some kind of ethics

Lolz... It just annoys me this happens all the time here...if ur around this thread as i am and on a certain other thread u will see so now and then certain people try to discredit franks name..i simply dont know why..or its because they miss sales because of franks hard work and dedication that he puts in his cables.. And for prices that makes some 'high end' cable makers very nervous... But am glad u feel same way as i am... Lolz.
Ps..i edited my post a bit to make it a bit more readable..lolz...

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #4,900 of 10,312
Rook,

It wasn't intended as such but I can see it taken that way. I was responding to your comment that no one did what I was asking. Let the mods take it down. Nothing was intended other than to say that some makers do make their own metals. Or at least that's what was stated. What is commented on is not directed at Toxic and does not criticize his products. So don't twist it otherwise.

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #4,901 of 10,312
Personally I am really not very interested to find out how Frank's wires' are manufactured.  I am only interested in his final products.  From my experience I found Frank's wire is the best of all and value for the money which no other wires can beat.  I have sold all the other headphone cables and changed all of them to Toxics 
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #4,902 of 10,312
Can't we all just get along? 
smile.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #4,903 of 10,312
  Can't we all just get along? 
smile.gif

And we all thought you would be distracted by a certain small mini meet coming up this weekend...
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #4,904 of 10,312
Frank: maybe you posted this elsewhere, but are you planning on going to Denver this coming weekend?!

Also I Love the Silver Widows for my JH16s and want to know if your joking or serious about the £3,000 new cable as I may be a buyer...

No, unfortunately i will not be attending.

That was indeed me just messing arounf, but for 3 grand, i would be more then happy to make you one 
biggrin.gif
 jj

You could try an 8 wire SW now 
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #4,905 of 10,312
Hey Frank,

Apologies for jumping on this thread again here... I did use the contact form on the Toxic Cables website, and I know you're very busy but I'm not sure if you would have received the message so, in a nutshell:

Could you give an idea on the lead time for a TF10 cable? I saw an update a while back and it looks like you've been clearing backlog... I'm willing to wait, just wanted to get an idea. Besides which after reading the positive feedback on this thread I'm excited about the possibility of owning a Toxic Cable!

Sorry again for OT.

Regards,

Nick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back