Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 9, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #4,411 of 10,312
Quote:

I have used Meier Classic, WA6SE, V200 and also Soloist with the LCD2.2, not sure if they are considered "high-end".
But i still prefer the LCD2.2 with O2/ ODAC.

Thanks for clearing the specs up..
PS: your msg is not offensive, but i do admire your passion for Toxic Cables..

Wow, you prefer the O2 over all of those amps SQ wise? Could you please do a quick comparison between the Soloist and the O2? 

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #4,415 of 10,312
Aug 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #4,416 of 10,312
Quote:
I already apologized on my post for it to frank
biggrin.gif

I don't think Frank is the type of guy to be bothered by it anyway. Any ole chat keeps the thread alive.

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #4,418 of 10,312
Silver Widow IEM cable - Frank quoted 6 weeks prior to purchase, but I received it in UNDER 5 weeks.

Virus IEM cable - Frank quoted 10 days prior to purchase, I received within that time.

Frank replied to all emails / messages within 6 hours, being helpful, informative, polite and genuinely interested.

Exceptional service.

Now, the cables themselves:

I honestly hate to use this word, usually finding it lazy and overly emotive... but WOW. I'm listening against other totl's and the SW does not mess around. Will do proper comparisons in a week or so.

Pics to follow.

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #4,419 of 10,312

Initial crappy phone pics:

TWac V3, Stage93, Toxic Virus, DIY Silver Poison, Silver Widow.

Note the similar awg of the Stage93 and Silver Widow. The SW is, however, significantly more supple and flexible.

If this were a beauty contest, the Virus would be laughing. 

Litz design and an increase of both gold and awg, appear to cause the Widow to take everything the Poison does to the extreme, and then some. The Tralucent Uber, on the far right, is more worthy competition in that respect.

Both Toxic cables offer ergonomic bliss, being more comfortable, flexible, and supple than any other cable I own. 

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #4,420 of 10,312
Nice pics, how's the DIY kick around cable I made holding up nulliverse? Can't wait to hear your comparisons, did you see my latest I made? Practice makes perfect :)

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #4,423 of 10,312
Quote:
Nice pics, how's the DIY kick around cable I made holding up nulliverse? Can't wait to hear your comparisons, did you see my latest I made? Practice makes perfect
smily_headphones1.gif

I did indeed. Very impressive! Though that DIY SPC throw around isn't exactly shabby, particularly given it was your first. I actually prefer it to the TWac V3 both in terms of sonics and ergonomics, even if it has turned green. That Silver Poison DIY mini to mini you just did me is excellent, too. Any day now I'll be able to use it to hook up HDP-R10 with a RK MkIII.

Thanks 
size]

Quote:
Wished I had all of those cables.
What IEMs or customs are you using?

I imagine I'll be selling a few after my review. The Toxic ones are going nowhere, though! I'm currently using the 1plus2 and AUD-8X, with the LS8+ soon to arrive. The 1plus2 sounds absolutely phenomenal with the Silver Widow, and as good albeit in a different way, with the Virus. The AUD-8X, having a thicker take on neutral, prefers just the SW.

One thing I'm sure of right of the bat, is that the $1200 Uber does not perform at a higher level than that of the Silver Widow. I still have a lot of comparing to do yet, which will be divulged in the review... but feel free to ask questions; 

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #4,424 of 10,312
Nice. The uber cable is a bit overpriced IMO. I would never get it because of how thick and inflexible it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back