Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 5, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #1,876 of 10,312
Quote:
Black widows 22 AWG

Silver Widow. 
tongue_smile.gif

Since there's more than one "correct" answers you should definitely buy them both.
Hifimanrookie ordered above mentioned BWs for his HE-500s and I ordered SWs for mine soon after. I'm still on the waiting list and what I understand he has not received his yet either. Anyway there aren't any HE-500 owners who would have both for comparison, this was asked a few pages back. So buy them both and let us know which you prefer. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #1,877 of 10,312
Quote:
Silver Widow. 
tongue_smile.gif

Since there's more than one "correct" answers you should definitely buy them both.
Hifimanrookie ordered above mentioned BWs for his HE-500s and I ordered SWs for mine soon after. I'm still on the waiting list and what I understand he has not received his yet either. Anyway there aren't any HE-500 owners who would have both for comparison, this was asked a few pages back. So buy them both and let us know which you prefer. 
biggrin.gif

I agree totally
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #1,878 of 10,312
Quote:
I agree totally
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Silver Widow. 
tongue_smile.gif

biggrin.gif

And I was wondering , why Frank likes you that much.....!!!??
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #1,880 of 10,312
When i was leaving home i caught the postman delivering my black widows..i am takin them with me to my family visit..i expected them to be heavier and thicker though...but i guess its because they are not sleeved and the connectors being viablue and not furutech as those are heavy buggers :D they look very sexy..the connectors are sweet looking.only pity i can only connect them to my rig when i am home again later in evening :mad: as soon i have some hours on them i will report back to u guys and. Post some pics :D am sooooo happy now!!! Cant wait to hear the upgrade in sound compared to the cable i have now :wink:

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #1,882 of 10,312
Quote:
When i was leaving home i caught the postman delivering my dark widows..i am takin them with me to my family visit..i expected them to be heavier and thicker though...but i guess its because they are not sleeved and the connectors being viablue and not furutech as those are heavy buggers
biggrin.gif
they look very sexy..the connectors are sweet looking.only pity i can only connect them to my rig when i am home again later in evening
mad.gif
as soon i have some hours on them i will report back to u guys and. Post some pics
biggrin.gif
am sooooo happy now!!! Cant wait to hear the upgrade in sound compared to the cable i have now
wink.gif

Damn, i was hoping they would get lost in the post or something. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #1,884 of 10,312
Quote:
When i was leaving home i caught the postman delivering my dark widows..i am takin them with me to my family visit..i expected them to be heavier and thicker though...but i guess its because they are not sleeved and the connectors being viablue and not furutech as those are heavy buggers
biggrin.gif
they look very sexy..the connectors are sweet looking.only pity i can only connect them to my rig when i am home again later in evening
mad.gif
as soon i have some hours on them i will report back to u guys and. Post some pics
biggrin.gif
am sooooo happy now!!! Cant wait to hear the upgrade in sound compared to the cable i have now
wink.gif

Your cables arrived and you STILL WENT TO THE FAMILY THING???? What is wrong with you Man?? We needed immediate pics and instant analysis.  
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #1,886 of 10,312
Jan 6, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #1,887 of 10,312

some quick pics of my new baby...the teddybear is my test object trying out how light the cables are..lolz ps..my apologies for the bad quality..was in a hurry!
L3000.gif

i still need some hours to listen to it..thats why i was so quiet... with every single hour my cables get better...somehow the cables needed a bit more burnin time...wow! but one thing i already know for sure..i am not going to upgrade to a silver widow for my he500...as for my ears i think the treble is just right now....the voices sound silky sweet (the voice of the female singer of evenasence is really sexy by the way..i always thought her voice was only good for screamin
wink.gif
!), the lows are very bass natural sounding and the mids..well..adele sounds as if i can touch her! and the highs (mariay hello!) wow! breathtaking...i tried sarah brighton also.and queen! OMG..really! and the silver widow will for sure will sound brighter...but as i said...pity i have not the money laying around to actually test that in reallife..but who knows one day i can try one, if i find a nice person to lend me one
biggrin.gif
but for now..the black widow 22awg sounds like the ultimate he500 cable for me until now..in a few days i will try to put a short review online for the BW as i know u all are waiting for that..so have a bit patience...let me enjoy my cables a bit..so dont be so selfish and let me enjoy my cables a bit ok!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #1,888 of 10,312
Quote:
His cables are already fully burned in, put them through my cable cooker, gas mark 6. 
biggrin.gif

Cool (or actually well cooked)! That's great service for all of us HE-500 users waiting for the comprehensive review of the Black Widow. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Clearly his priorities are out of balance!  
tongue.gif

+1! Totally agree with you.

EDIT: And just at the same time he posts the pictures...
Those Viablue plugs look really great. The cables too of course, nice work Frank.

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #1,889 of 10,312
Quote:

some quick pics of my new baby...the teddybear is my test object trying out how light the cables are..lolz ps..my apologies for the bad quality..was in a hurry!
L3000.gif

i still need some hours to listen to it..thats why i was so quiet... with every single hour my cables get better...somehow the cables needed a bit more burnin time...wow! but one thing i already know for sure..i am not going to upgrade to a silver widow for my he500...as for my ears i think the treble is just right now....the voices sound silky sweet (the voice of the female singer of evenasence is really sexy by the way..i always thought her voice was only good for screamin
wink.gif
!), the lows are very bass natural sounding and the mids..well..adele sounds as if i can touch her! and the highs (mariay hello!) wow! breathtaking...i tried sarah brighton also.and queen! OMG..really! and the silver widow will for sure will sound brighter...but as i said...pity i have not the money laying around to actually test that in reallife..but who knows one day i can try one, if i find a nice person to lend me one
biggrin.gif
but for now..the black widow 22awg sounds like the ultimate he500 cable for me until now..in a few days i will try to put a short review online for the BW as i know u all are waiting for that..so have a bit patience...let me enjoy my cables a bit..so dont be so selfish and let me enjoy my cables a bit ok!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Why would you need time to write the review, check the bottom of the envelope the cables came in, i already wrote one for you. 
biggrin.gif

Yes, even with being through the cooker, they still do need a few hours real use to settle in, i did tell you that. Put another couple of hours on it and prepare to be blown away, or should i say intoxicated. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #1,890 of 10,312
Quote:
Why would you need time to write the review, check the bottom of the envelope the cables came in, i already wrote one for you. 
biggrin.gif

Yes, even with being through the cooker, they still do need a few hours real use to settle in, i did tell you that. Put another couple of hours on it and prepare to be blown away, or should i say intoxicated. 
biggrin.gif

nothing on bottom inside of envelope
frown.gif
am i missing something?
confused.gif
well..am back to my music again..see ya in a few hours
wink.gif

am already intoxicated..will be trying evanasence later again..and some queen..and even petra berger and i will even try some classical mozart thingies i found. as u can see on pics i already have my new tubes in (tung sols 5998)..the most detaily tube u can buy i understand for my amp...and i just burned them in...mmmmmmm
but back to listening... pics on my profile will be updated soon..so if u dont find any headphone pics of my he500 anymore..then u know why....
L3000.gif

and where is my armbrace? my 10 year old gaby was anxious checking my evelope looking for a pink armbrace...oh wait...oops...u only sent them with iem cables right? oops...now i have to explain that to a 10 year old spoiled lady..oops..wish me luck!
eek.gif
if i wont make it back online then..well..ever saw a movie that a guy was killed by his own family..well...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back