Torque t402v supra/circumaural headphone tour - Reviewers wanted!
Nov 1, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #91 of 96
  Haha tis why I love this hobby so much, what one gets from a headphones another may find something completely opposite. Though it's 0121 in Charlotte, I thought I was the only night owl haha

lol Im in portland... Yeah dude. plus the music we play makes a difference. We both agree on the bass. I am sensitive to treble but not analytical of it 

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #92 of 96
  Reviews are up and posted links to my unboxing and review video are at the bottom of the written review let me know what yall think

http://www.head-fi.org/products/torque-audio-t402v-supra-circum-aural-headphones-with-modi-fit-technology/reviews/14397

A fair write up.  I didn't find the treble lacking though it's certainly not a bright headphone.  Mind you for me the big treble no-no is when there are frequency spikes and the t402v is blessedly short of those.

One more note, I've had the cable (which is shared by the t096z) for some time now and haven't had any problem with cable memory... It actually fights to stay straight.  Originally I wanted something more supple, less stiff but that's a trade off that results in more tangles.

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #93 of 96
Awesome input thanks and that's AWESOME to hear about the cable. I was actually thinking that I think they would benefit from an amp. Like a 32-120ohm to give it a little more grace. I know it's mobile friendly but thinking back to the sound I think it sounded hungry like there's more potential there if just given the right fuel. @yage do you've an amp available to try this theory? Or whoever has the t402v for that matter actually?

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #94 of 96
@Army-Firedawg  When using the over-ear pads, I think the t402v greatly appreciates a bit more power and headroom from an external amp. But using the on-ear, it's plenty loud for on-the-go because you're only pressurizing your ear canals.

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #95 of 96
Awesome input thanks and that's AWESOME to hear about the cable. I was actually thinking that I think they would benefit from an amp. Like a 32-120ohm to give it a little more grace. I know it's mobile friendly but thinking back to the sound I think it sounded hungry like there's more potential there if just given the right fuel. @yage do you've an amp available to try this theory? Or whoever has the t402v for that matter actually?

I'll be listening to it primarily from my Meridian Explorer 2 + AQ JitterBug. I've also got a CI Audio VHP-1 amp connected to a disc spinner (Ayre C-5xeMP) that I use at home.

Nov 19, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #96 of 96

Users who are viewing this thread

Back