Torque t402v supra/circumaural headphone tour - Reviewers wanted!
Oct 12, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #76 of 96
  Hi folks!

Below are who we're choosing to participate in the initial round of the t402v tour. We look forward to reading your reviews! 

@Army-Firedawg - I'm curious about your opinion on the t402v, let's see how this goes!

@yage - I think we share similar thoughts on your reviews.

@grizzlybeast - Don't have many reviews but the ones you do have are well written. And as a PDX native, I have a soft spot for Oregon.

Please send me a PM with your address, phone, names. And again, I need you guys to be comfortable with your address being shared with the other two reviewers.

Go PDX love! Looking forward to your reviews!

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #78 of 96
I just watched Poltergeist (2015 Blu Ray) using the t402v.  Superb dynamics, extension and detail.  More balanced than the Sennheiser Momentum on-ears and with tighter/deeper bass.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #79 of 96
popcorn.gif
wink.gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #82 of 96
  Just waiting on @Army-Firedawg to log on and we can get this tour underway!

Woops, my bad didn't get any notifications but I sent you a PM with my information, thank you again for the opportunity. I'm seriously looking forward to hearing these!

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #83 of 96
PORTLANDERS - short notice but PM me if you want to get a listen of these on your own portable gear at maybe a STARBUCKS or something. 

BRING YOUR OWN GEAR. a phone works as these things are very easy to drive. The sound quality may suffer but certain aspects you can still get a gist of

I have this SAT and SUN off. A weekday evening may work as well. OR BETTER YET dont all PM me. Post here or in the impressions thread and I will do a group PM of anyone interested. Even if its just one person its cool with me.  

@TorqueAudio thats cool right?!

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #85 of 96
  PORTLANDERS - short notice but PM me if you want to get a listen of these on your own portable gear at maybe a STARBUCKS or something. 

BRING YOUR OWN GEAR. a phone works as these things are very easy to drive. The sound quality may suffer but certain aspects you can still get a gist of

I have this SAT and SUN off. A weekday evening may work as well. OR BETTER YET dont all PM me. Post here or in the impressions thread and I will do a group PM of anyone interested. Even if its just one person its cool with me.  

@TorqueAudio thats cool right?!

Good move Grizzlybeast.  You're right, they're not hard to drive.  They like my fiance's Fiio X1, my Ibasso dx50 my HRT Microstreamer and I'm sure they'll pair acceptably with any half decent dedicated source.  I've been enjoying them in on-ear form for some time now and I'm continually impressed by the dynamics and extension the t402v offer.  I've used headphones with larger drivers that don't offer the same sonic pizzazz.  I should have a review out in this next week.

Oct 29, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #87 of 96
@yage Just sent out the T402v's to ya friend, tracking number and other info in the PM

EDIT: Review coming soon, prob. tonight after EMT class or in the morning before my hospital clinical.

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #88 of 96
Reviews are up and posted links to my unboxing and review video are at the bottom of the written review let me know what yall think

http://www.head-fi.org/products/torque-audio-t402v-supra-circum-aural-headphones-with-modi-fit-technology/reviews/14397

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #89 of 96
  Reviews are up and posted links to my unboxing and review video are at the bottom of the written review let me know what yall think

http://www.head-fi.org/products/torque-audio-t402v-supra-circum-aural-headphones-with-modi-fit-technology/reviews/14397

I like your review a lot! even though its different than mine. I actually liked the treble the most, and the midrange the least. I didn't think the treble was airy though. but I liked its snappiness. It was a bit rough too but engaging. We tested it with different things as well so I tested it with percussion and since I didn't like male vocals on it, I found one track where a female sounded okay so I went with that impression then just left the vocals alone. To me its wealth lies in its transient response. It can pop, snap and dance.

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #90 of 96
Haha tis why I love this hobby so much, what one gets from a headphones another may find something completely opposite. Though it's 0121 in Charlotte, I thought I was the only night owl haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back