Torque t402v supra/circumaural headphone tour - Reviewers wanted!
Oct 1, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #17 of 96
I have some Torque in ears, so I would be eager to listen to see if they have the same sound signature.  If picked, I will gladly review, if not, I will look forward to the reviews that come from it.

Oct 1, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #18 of 96

-        Torque will let one of the participant keep the headphones based on the review.

I wanted to get in on this review opportunity.  But this sentence turned me off.  So whoever gives the most favorable review may "win" the headphones?  This may not be the case, but its how it reads.

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #19 of 96
Sure, they may pick the person who likes them best to keep the HP, but think about it for a bit. Why would you want juice a review to keep a HP you weren't that keen on in the first place?

I'd encourage whoever does win to get Torque's permission to extend the tour, so some of those those left behind get the chance to listen to them and write up their impressions.

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #20 of 96
I would never sell my honest review for anything. My own taste and opinions on gears is priceless to me, and I careless if I could or could not keep the gears. Remember, this is my hobby, and yes I can afford it. I buy it if I need to.

My reviews would be my expressions based on my taste and opinions on the gears that I experienced. Sharing it to others and head-fi fellows is priceless to me. Sure, just like music, some people find it useless, some find it useful. But I am glad to be able to express my feeling, and share my thoughts about the gears that I purchased, or loaned. That is my ultimate goal

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #22 of 96
  I wanted to get in on this review opportunity.  But this sentence turned me off.  So whoever gives the most favorable review may "win" the headphones?  This may not be the case, but its how it reads.

Quote:
I would never sell my honest review for anything. My own taste and opinions on gears is priceless to me, and I careless if I could or could not keep the gears. Remember, this is my hobby, and yes I can afford it. I buy it if I need to.

My reviews would be my expressions based on my taste and opinions on the gears that I experienced. Sharing it to others and head-if fellows is priceless to me. Sure, just like music, some people find it useless, some find it useful. But I am glad to be able to express my feeling, and share my thoughts about the gears that I purchased, or loaned. That is my ultimate goal

While I can see where your coming from. They have not stated that they will be giving them to the person with the most positive review. Just based on the review. The most positive review doesn't compare to the most honest, thorough, detailed review that can come. I'm fairly certain they are confident in the quality of the phones or they wouldn't offer a review tour.

Oct 1, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #23 of 96
Just saying that they could say it a different way.  regardless of their intentions, it could very well alter the way someone writes their review.  Not everyone has as strong a moral code as most of us.  someone could easily write a glowing review, get the cans, and sell them for profit.  I'd never do that, but many would.  I believe they just should have kept the giveaway portion out of the description.  should have made it a surprise for whoever they chose.  They do seem to be using the giveaway as incentive for being a reviewer.

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #24 of 96
  Just saying that they could say it a different way.  regardless of their intentions, it could very well alter the way someone writes their review.  Not everyone has as strong a moral code as most of us.  someone could easily write a glowing review, get the cans, and sell them for profit.  I'd never do that, but many would.  I believe they just should have kept the giveaway portion out of the description.  should have made it a surprise for whoever they chose.  They do seem to be using the giveaway as incentive for being a reviewer.

That I can agree on. I will say that IF I get to review AND IF I'm not soo in love with them that I cannot be apart from them, I would be setting up an extended tour for them. But that's just me...

Oct 1, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #25 of 96

It's good to be a skeptic.  Having said that what Torque is doing on Head-Fi is par for the course.  You need reviews and impressions to raise awareness and often reviewers get to keep the gear they're given.  That doesn't mean those people will be dishonest.  To date I've written two Torque earphone reviews.  During that time I've had the opportunity to converse with Yasu (Torque's Commander in Chief); at no point has he suggested I write a positive review.  In fact I recall him saying that he believes it's a critic's job to find fault with a product and point out areas of possible improvement.  The guy is an audio enthusiast who's excited to interact with other enthusiasts.

I wrote my reviews because I believe Torque is making superb and innovative gear; it's fun to be one of the guys who discovers it early and gets to share that news with others.

I'd tell any shopper to do the following: Read as many reviews and impressions as possible.  Compare and contrast them paying special attention to areas of agreement... If 3 or 4 reviewers are saying the same things it's more likely to be true (but not always, beware the hype train).  Some reviews can be given more weight than others if the writer has experience and he has provided good advice in the past.  Sometimes people are looking for different qualities from earphones.  Perhaps a reviewer favours a very different sound siganture than you do.  If you have evidence you are or aren't in sync with the review or reviewer act accordingly.  Finally, if it's an option: Listen for yourself!  Others can point you in a direction but no one will know what you like better than you do; this is especially true in the world of audio.

Oct 2, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #26 of 96
I'd love to do a review of this. Let me know when you are looking for reviewers in the UK - the review will go onto our blog and YouTube channel:

Blog: http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/reviews/category/headphone-reviews/full-reviews/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/HiFiHeadphones/videos

All the best,
John - hifiheadphones.co.uk

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #27 of 96
Username: Mediahound

My reviews:
http://www.head-fi.org/users/128553/reviews

I wouldn't mind reviewing these. I also post video reviews on YouTube.

Oct 2, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #29 of 96
I would like to be a reviewer.

User name
scottru

City/State (USA only)
-     Doylestown, PA

I have a large selection of over the ear headphones:
Grado
Sony
Ultrasone
Ultimate Ears
Bose

My media players include, Fiio X5 second generation, ibasso DX90, Samsung S6, ipad air 2, several Fiio amps.

Thanks,
Scott

Oct 2, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #30 of 96
Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been very involved in the conversation taking place. We're super busy at CanJam this week. The t402v is a definite hit at the show!

Some folks have voiced their concern about us picking someone to keep the review sample. This isn't something new to review tour. But we, Torque, is new to Head-Fi. So I reviewed what other manufacturers have done regarding tour rules and about giving sample after the review tour. It made sense more than getting the unit back. These are pre-production and used. It's not like we can sell it. And we're not giving it away to the most gleaming review, although giving it to someone who enjoyed it makes sense. We're also looking at the body of work, quality of the review, and the inventory the reviewer has on hand for comparison. This allows the reviewer in the future to make a good comparison to other headphones; whether good or bad. This adds possible brand awareness long after the tour and reviews... Hopefully this makes sense to everyone.

And again, if you're in Denver, stop by our booth at CanJam RMAF!

~ Yasu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back