Topping A50S
Sep 24, 2020 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Makiah S

Sponsor: EarMen | HeadAmp
Member of the Trade: Bricasti Design
Formerly known as Mshenay
Looks like this new amp from Topping is finally out! Specs on it look pretty good.

I just populated the product page for those curious https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/topping-a50s.24662/

I liked the L30 so it's good to see this has the 4.4mm out and circuitry and there's even an optional Linear PSU

Oct 24, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 5
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this amp. I ordered one from Apos earlier this week and should have it sometime next week (if they would ship it already). The A50s use much of the same architecture as the A90 at less than half the price and a smaller form factor which I like, plus I already use the D50s as one of my main dacs so why not complete the stack. At 3.5 watts into 32ohms balanced, they have plenty of power for most headphones so I would think there'd at least a few people on here that would be getting one. I'll definitely post my impressions when I get it and see how it compares to my SMSL SP200 THX amp which it measures better than, and I know that doesn't mean it will sound better but the pink panther from ASR sure seemed to like in his measurement and review he did.

Oct 28, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this amp. I ordered one from Apos earlier this week and should have it sometime next week (if they would ship it already). The A50s use much of the same architecture as the A90 at less than half the price and a smaller form factor which I like, plus I already use the D50s as one of my main dacs so why not complete the stack. At 3.5 watts into 32ohms balanced, they have plenty of power for most headphones so I would think there'd at least a few people on here that would be getting one. I'll definitely post my impressions when I get it and see how it compares to my SMSL SP200 THX amp which it measures better than, and I know that doesn't mean it will sound better but the pink panther from ASR sure seemed to like in his measurement and review he did.

I'm surprised too. let me know what you think of it. I have it in cart and waiting for 11.11 to purchase it. I hope it pairs well with lcdx

Nov 3, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #4 of 5
I ordered the A50 and returned it. I ordered the A50s after reading the review on ADR and 15% off at the time also help. It is pretty good, very quiet. It is different from my WA7 head tube amp in a good way. I will keep this one. I am listening with the Audeze lcd-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back