To CAT, or not to CAT.
Mar 24, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #31 of 37
I know this one cat who "belongs" to my sister-in-law. He's an ultra-friendly cat, loves the 6 kids, hangs out with the dog and horses, and is just really sweet, even to strangers. But he came with the house, which means if they ever move he'll say "Well I will miss you guys, it's been a blast, don't be strangers, send a postcard..." But he's not going anywhere.
wink.gif
They just have minds of their own.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #32 of 37
Yeah I agree, the cat should be fine, and like people have said, getting an older cat will help avoid that boisterous behavior that you will have to watch out for especially in close quarters.

I love both dogs and cats, but like plainsong mentioned, they do have a mind of their own sometimes; you really need to earn their trust/love. But you had experience with them back in your house so you know
wink.gif
I got my current Siberian mix when I was doing my undergrad, and she literally follows me everywhere. When I moved from FL to NS, Canada for grad school, I drove just so I could take her
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite the story. My dog likes to fight (and well, I give it to her). She bites my ankles when she wants to fight, so I pick her up over my shoulder and carry her around. Or I start punching her. For some reason she likes to be punched in the mouth, she opens her mouth and lets you do it, then she starts to run away and then runs back and bites the ankle of ur pants again and jumps up on you. Oh and for all you people who are going to complain and tell me to stop beating my dog, well Im not really beating her. Its not like im punching her full force like I would in a fight. Just playful punching. So yeah.. dont threaten to call animal services or anything.

Oh yeah and right after you let her in from doing her duty (especially in the winter, since she is cold and warming up) she will run into the living room, and chase her tail for about 10 minutes.

WOW!! That gave me a quality Laugh! Thanks!!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #34 of 37
Gosh, and here I thought this thread would be about cataytic converters. I'm probably going to use a "test pipe" (i.e., straight pipe) on my Ariel Atom and not have a CAT installed.

As for cat cats, not for me. They're Ok, but I don't love them enough to actually become a cat owner.

Mar 27, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gosh, and here I thought this thread would be about cataytic converters. I'm probably going to use a "test pipe" (i.e., straight pipe) on my Ariel Atom and not have a CAT installed.

is this only for the track? if not you're neighbors won't be too pleased.

oh, and as far as adopting goes, there have been plenty of good suggestions here. you (the OP) sound like you'll be a good pet owner but also the wisdom to recognize that you might not be in a position to do right by the animal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back