Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120
Aug 28, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #751 of 1,162
  Thanks for the reply.
What would you recommend as a budget amp which will be enough to power the Creative Aurvana Live 2?

Specs are:
Impedance: 32ohms
Sensitivity: 105dB/mW

Planning to use it for desktop

I am not actually that familiar with budget desktop amp myself to make any useful recommendation (I am more into portable amp). But if you can find a desktop version of O2 (Objective2) headphone amp then you should be all set. It will cost you somewhere between $150~200 though.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #752 of 1,162
  i wished it was that easy ,apparently even after the app is killed it still remains frozen,until phone reboots tried tons of apps ,and system method to kill usb audio player.i think my phone just has compatibility issues with it ,apparently i was using that app fine for whole day and next all of this occurs ....

Do you have a powered USB hub handy? I would try that 1st as I had very similar issue with a tablet and USB powered DAC. The tablet USB port just didn't provide enough power and the solution was a Y cable to inject more power. Not so helpful for portable use I realize but would tell you if it's a hardware vs. software issue.

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #753 of 1,162
That's exactly what I am planning to do made the purchase already but had different idea instead hoping the phone would recognise the headphone without the app . But I doubt it's the powerr issue because it worked fine for a whole day 10 plus hours before this occur anyways I plan to buy that y cable to couple with iphone 5 otg since my brother is sending me iphone 5.anyways really appreciate your help brother .really daunting when I spend all my money and **** don't work like it suppose to I know this is just entery day but it's rather expensive to students like me

Aug 29, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #759 of 1,162
Group buy/mass buy site links or discussion about them are also not permitted. That includes hinting. See here: http://www.head-fi.org/a/group-buys.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #763 of 1,162
  Anybody tried this combo?
PC -> UD120 -> Topping NX1 -> Headphones

I wonder if the UD120 is small enough to mod and fit into Topping NX1 to make a complete solution.

Unless you want to remove NX1's battery all together, I'll say it is a no.

NX1 is good for the price, but it won't be able to showing the full potential of UD120. With a USB DAC this good, you will want to have a better amp.

Aug 30, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #764 of 1,162

I am not actually that familiar with budget desktop amp myself to make any useful recommendation (I am more into portable amp). But if you can find a desktop version of O2 (Objective2) headphone amp then you should be all set. It will cost you somewhere between $150~200 though.

Is there a difference between the Desktop O2 vs Portable O2 in terms of audio quality?
It seems like they only sell the portable o2....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back