Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #167 of 673
I need to contain my excitement, since I only got these IEMs yesterday (T2+) Based on how they currently sound, I doubt much will change over time, but we’ll see. Detail and clarity seems to be up there with some of the best DD IEMs I’ve heard, probably partially due to the tuning, bit it’s not tuned harshly, so it might be the ideal blend of detail w/o being fatiguing. If there‘s any distortion in the recording, or some guy in the back of the orchestra farts, you can hear it.

Jul 8, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #168 of 673
IMG_20200707_210011.jpg
I did some tip rolling and so far find these the most comfortable. They do sit shallower than the original tips, which works better for my shorter ear canals.

They are APP (airpod pro) foam tips (with adapter removed) that I got a while ago from AliExpress. More info/measurements here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/best-iem-tips.626895/post-15625305

Jul 8, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #169 of 673
I’m a bit apprehensive about making this claim, especially so early on in my listening, but I’ve already listened to a lot of different songs that I’m familiar with (including Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Pentatonix, Lindsey Stirling, Charlotte Church, Sarah McLachlan, Daft Punk, Marshmello, Skillet, TheFatRat, Dream Theater, Twelve Foot Ninja, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, etc). IMHO, this is the follow up to the BL03 that many have been clamoring for. As you can see by the red circled area, the amplitude of the upper midrange and the treble matches up very well with the BL03. The sound is not at all shouty, but the earlier and steeper rise of the pinna gain, along with the slightly increased response between 3-6KHz increases clarity. The 8KHz peak is just right to add sparkle, without being piercing. The upper treble is quite well extended with good air. There is some sibilance audible, but only on the most offensive tracks.

(Blue circle) While I would personally prefer slightly more sub bass response, with a flatter mid bass, as a whole, it is definitely an improvement on the BL03, without significant bass bleed into the mids, while also providing a good punchy sound. The sub bass isn’t lacking either. The sound scales very well with volume. I can comfortably listen at low volumes, while getting enough detail, but it sounds very exciting at loud volumes, w/o becoming offensive, unless the music calls for it.

Lastly, I think the technicalities are much improved over the BL03, with much more detail being presented, beyond just what the tuning provides. To me it seems like a near perfect blend of detail w/o being fatiguing. I’m not a good judge of soundstage, but to me, it seems at least equal to the BL03, if not better. I’ll let others weigh in on imaging and soundstage assessments.

I’ll see how I like it over the next few weeks, but I’m really impressed so far!

B4E2A494-EB7F-44BA-BBDA-F091F0866E2F.jpeg

Jul 8, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #170 of 673
I’m a bit apprehensive about making this claim, especially so early on in my listening, but I’ve already listened to a lot of different songs that I’m familiar with (including Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Pentatonix, Lindsey Stirling, Charlotte Church, Sarah McLachlan, Daft Punk, Marshmello, Skillet, TheFatRat, Dream Theater, Twelve Foot Ninja, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, etc). IMHO, this is the follow up to the BL03 that many have been clamoring for. As you can see by the red circled area, the amplitude of the upper midrange and the treble matches up very well with the BL03. The sound is not at all shouty, but the earlier and steeper rise of the pinna gain, along with the slightly increased response between 3-6KHz increases clarity. The 8KHz peak is just right to add sparkle, without being piercing. The upper treble is quite well extended with good air. There is some sibilance audible, but only on the most offensive tracks.

(Blue circle) While I would personally prefer slightly more sub bass response, with a flatter mid bass, as a whole, it is definitely an improvement on the BL03, without significant bass bleed into the mids, while also providing a good punchy sound. The sub bass isn’t lacking either. The sound scales very well with volume. I can comfortably listen at low volumes, while getting enough detail, but it sounds very exciting at loud volumes, w/o becoming offensive, unless the music calls for it.

Lastly, I think the technicalities are much improved over the BL03, with much more detail being presented, beyond just what the tuning provides. To me it seems like a near perfect blend of detail w/o being fatiguing. I’m not a good judge of soundstage, but to me, it seems at least equal to the BL03, if not better. I’ll let others weigh in on imaging and soundstage assessments.

I’ll see how I like it over the next few weeks, but I’m really impressed so far!

The T2+ is unquestionably superior to the BL-03. Of that there is no question. On its own, It is very good but not exactly great balls of fire or dynamic.

Jul 8, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #171 of 673

After some more burn in and letting my ears/brain rest for 24+ hours, I'm taking another listen to mine.

I agree with wanting some more sub-bass & bass. I'm ok with the current mid-bass. For me I think if the bass from 100hz on rose to meet or exceed the BL-03, I'd be happier.

Jul 8, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #172 of 673
After some more burn in and letting my ears/brain rest for 24+ hours, I'm taking another listen to mine.

I agree with wanting some more sub-bass & bass. I'm ok with the current mid-bass. For me I think if the bass from 100hz on rose to meet or exceed the BL-03, I'd be happier.

I'd be happier with a tad less mid- and a tad more sub-bass.

Jul 8, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #173 of 673
The T2 Plus doesn’t seem that tip dependent. I‘ve tried them with ePro horn tips, Sedna tips, and Final E tips, and they all sounded good, with only slight audible differences to me. The fit will probably be good for most people, but it’s not great for me, due to my left ear anatomy. Due to the size and shape of the IEM shell, and how it sits in your ear, you’re kind of stuck with the nozzle angle as is, b/c it’s hard to aim the nozzle differently, unlike my Shure IEMs, and unlike the prior “T“ models. It works fine, though, and I am able to get a good seal, it just feels a little awkward.

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #174 of 673
So after putting about 145+ hours on mine I took another listen (without EQ). All listening done on mobile source or BT20S. Waiting for a new usb-c DAC so I don't have a higher powered device to try at the moment.

They have some mid-bass (above 100hz) and rolls off in the bass and sub-bass frequencies (100hz and below). No bleed of course, very well controlled. I do find myself missing the lowest octave, the 'rumble' of sub-bass, for some genres.

The mids are clean and very clear. Vocals, both male and female, are well presented.

Despite the 5.5k and 8k peaks seen on the graphs the treble is (for me) smooth sounding.

Lots of detail, and while bright they are not harsh or piercing. I'm not noticing any shoutiness or sibilance either.

For me, they are only slightly too bass and sub-bass light. Easily solved with EQ. Good tuning if you plan an extended listen and want to prevent bass fatigue or if you are bass sensitive in general they would be great.

I just took a quick listen to a frequency sweep (at my normal listening volume) and the bass becomes audible around 38-43hz and volume levels out around 120-130hz. At much higher volume I can hear the driver down to 20hz but I'm not trying to deafen myself.

Edit: isolation is ok. Not great (earplug like) but decent.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #175 of 673
So after putting about 145+ hours on mine I took another listen (without EQ). All listening done on mobile source or BT20S. Waiting for a new usb-c DAC so I don't have a higher powered device to try at the moment.

They have some mid-bass (above 100hz) and rolls off in the bass and sub-bass frequencies (100hz and below). No bleed of course, very well controlled. I do find myself missing the lowest octave, the 'rumble' of sub-bass, for some genres.

The mids are clean and very clear. Vocals, both male and female, are well presented.

Despite the 5.5k and 8k peaks seen on the graphs the treble is (for me) smooth sounding.

Lots of detail, and while bright they are not harsh or piercing. I'm not noticing any shoutiness or sibilance either.

For me, they are only slightly too bass and sub-bass light. Easily solved with EQ. Good tuning if you plan an extended listen and want to prevent bass fatigue or if you are bass sensitive in general they would be great.

I just took a quick listen to a frequency sweep (at my normal listening volume) and the bass becomes audible around 38-43hz and volume levels out around 120-130hz. At much higher volume I can hear the driver down to 20hz but I'm not trying to deafen myself.

Edit: isolation is ok. Not great (earplug like) but decent.
Yeap. A tad less mid- and a tad more sub-bass would be preferable.

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #176 of 673
Yeap. A tad less mid- and a tad more sub-bass would be preferable.
I agree, and looking at the graph, I thought the bass would be just adequate, b/c I’m a bass head (though I still really appreciate IEMs with less bass). The amount of bass that it puts out really surprises me. It’s a lot more than I thought it would be. Due to the mid bass, it’s very punchy, but there is decent sub bass too.

I agree that having the sub bass match the BL03 would be ideal, with a change in the shape of the bass curve so the mid bass is ever so slightly less than it is currently.

I still think that as is, it’s very well tuned for most people, as an all-around IEM.

Jul 11, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #177 of 673
I actually wish the T2 Plus had the BL05 curve from 1KHz down. A tuning with the lower half of the BL05 curve, and the upper half of the T2 Plus curve, with the technical capabilities of the T2+ driver, would really be ideal.

533BC209-CC21-4932-8BC2-027278ACEC97.png

Jul 11, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #179 of 673
T2 vs T2+?
They‘re really quite different. Do you like a good amount of bass (T2+), or minimal bass(T2)? In general, the T2+ is superior in almost all aspects, but the T2 is a very relaxing sounding IEM, that’s particularly good for vocals.

Jul 12, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #180 of 673
20200712_163751.jpg

My new TC35B USB-C DAC showed up yesterday. Threw these on with a copper cable to do a quick A/B with my old Samsung S5.

These do scale up (sound better) with a better source. They were a little more dynamic and bass seemed like it had a little better extension. I didn't do a frequency test for roll off.

With a better source these do sound even better than just straight out of a phone. Definitely a really good neutral or near neutral sound signature.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back