Tia Fourte or 18t
May 1, 2019 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

John2e

Headphoneus Supremus
Thinking of upgrading my U12's. Should I go for the Foute or the 18t. Listen to rock and metal. Will be using it with the Cayin C8 and Cowon Pleanue L & S. These DAPS have plenty of power.

Your opinions are appreciated

May 1, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 5
I was in the same boat last year and went from A12 to Foutre's. After a while with Fourte, there was too much highs, too harsh and fatuguing for me (mainly rock and metal as well).
Sold it and I am enjoying A12 again (with upgraded cable instead).

May 1, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #4 of 5
I was in the same boat last year and went from A12 to Foutre's. After a while with Fourte, there was too much highs, too harsh and fatuguing for me (mainly rock and metal as well).
Sold it and I am enjoying A12 again (with upgraded cable instead).

Thanks for the reply

I did some research and it seems your impression of this IEM coincides with everything else I read.

May 5, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #5 of 5
I own both the U18t and Fourte'. I listen to a ton of Metal/DM/Grind/HC. I owned the U18t for about a year before deciding to get another pair of IEMs - I loved the wide sound stage and depth and pretty analytical. The Fourte for me is like listening to the band on the side of the stage - I felt dynamics were more intimate with a focus on mids-highs. I think guitars sound great when listening to guitar-driven metal - the crunch is severe, and listening to Classical/Movie Scores make every instrument in the ensemble extremely nuanced. The ability to switch APEX modules on the U18t is a plus for folks looking to fine-tune sonic preferences and I like using the U18ts for mastering purposes.

One of the best decisions I made was upgrading from the stock 64 SPC Cable to a EA Eros II. I though the Eros II beefed up the overall sound and less-veiled than the 64 Cable. When I purchased the Tia Fourte' I also decided to upgrade the cable and got the EA Leonidas II - which absolutely Kills. Soundstage is expansive. Definitely worth the price - The Leonidas II elevates both the U18t and Tia Fourte' and is a definite highlight in this audio journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back