Thunderpants (T50RP mod) Group Buy
Nov 26, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #842 of 879
The last time Gary (Smeggy) signed on to Head-Fi was 4/7/12.  

His website is still up though.......not that that means anything.

http://home.comcast.net/~garybutcher/Thunderpants_TP1/Home.html

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #843 of 879
What I personally fail to understand if why he didn't have those cups made in a cheap labor country and simply assemble them. For the kind of money he was asking and the amount of backorders he seemed to have, he could have cashed in like crazy for years/decades. At this point, many ppl prolly filed official complains and he's killed the golden goose altogether. Of course, that's assuming that he's still alive indeed. But it's weird how some MOT's often seem to turn down on their customers at some point.

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #847 of 879
Later edit: I have been contacted via a private email from another member on this forum who has informed me that I do not have the full facts on what is happening and that my comments may impugn Gary's character.  Although I do stand by what was originally said I respect the character and intentions of the member and so have removed any comments about Gary's character and will just let the facts speak for themselves. 
Gary's actions have said enough

edit: to clarify, I feel that Smeggy's actions have shown enough for people to know not to send him money for products. I understand how upset people are (myself included), however I do not feel personal attacks are needed.

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #849 of 879
Quote:
I like Gary, he's been great to me in the past.  But I think it's about time that we know all the facts.  Why have people not received their products yet?

I think I have a good idea what happened, but would rather not post it in a public forum.  I did not purchase in this group buy, but did so, on my own, in June.  And I have not received my order either.  I sympathize and empathize with you folks a year out, on their orders....

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #851 of 879
Hello everyone,

I hope you've all been well.  It looks like Christmas came early this year!  Upon returning home the other day, I was flummoxed to find a box addressed to me waiting on the porch.  I was not expecting a package and had no idea what it could be.  I was both excited and a bit intrigued, and rather than reading the return address on the box I instead rushed to open it and discover its contents.  I was stunned--there before my eyes laid a pair of Thunderpants!  I am happy to report that they both look and sound amazing.  To all those who are still waiting, don't lose hope.  I have been told by a trusted source that several pairs of Thunderpants have recently shipped and more are coming.  I hope that everyone still waiting receives their Thunderpants soon, and wish everyone the happiest of holidays!

Best,

Brent

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #853 of 879
Just arrived. Looks like Smeggy has been busy designing new hangers.

I am very relieved to see that he is working on getting these done.

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #854 of 879
I'm happy to see there is no quality dip in these.  He seems to be building them with the same care and attention, he has done in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back