Thinking of selling my LCD-2... what's next?
Aug 31, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #46 of 56
Quote:
They might have bass, but not even the BHSE and 009 feel as impactful fas orthos for certain genres.

I think this has been agreed on by some stax mafia zealots.

There overall clarity, speed, and sound makes up for it!
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #47 of 56
Quote:
There overall clarity, speed, and sound makes up for it!
bigsmile_face.gif

Well, I can not argue that. They have a magic presentation to 'em.

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #49 of 56
The 6 on that Denon speaker out and you'd be hard pressed to change in a year. I think the 6 well powered is a nice fit between the LCD and the 800 in sound.

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #50 of 56
IMO you should really try a little bit forgotten Hifiman HE5LE. I had very similiar expectations regarding SQ as you. Never heard LCD`s but had similiar opinion about HD800 in longterm listening.
Or just test flagship HE6 but its much more demanding.

Sep 1, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #51 of 56
Although I would consider the HE500's more of a sidegrade to your LCD's they may just fit the bill for you. Better treble and slightly wider soundstage and with well balanced powerful bass, though not as tight as LCD2's.  

Sep 9, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #52 of 56
Quote:
I picked up a pair of T1's,a few weeks ago
I also own the Lcd2's
I was looking for something that would balance out ,the SQ of my setup...Lyr/Bifrost..usually with the Mullard cv2493,or cv2492 tubes..if I am listening to rock..I'll switch over the the Rca blackplates,or cleartops...I have many,many tubes..lorenzes,CCa's,telefunkens..so I try to use a tube that will give me good results,with what I am listening to ,at that time
The T'1's were bought from another head-fier,who,modded them slightly,to give a very slight increase  bass
When I first got them,I felt,they were still too bright,but after 8-10 hours of listening ,I really started to like them,especially with acoustic guitar,& classical music.

I  strongly urge you to at least try these headphones..the detail is amazing..& I find myself using them 75% of the time
Also,please note--they are extremely comfortable.,and lets you emerse yourself in the music.
I can easily wear these for 8-10 hours without fatigue,something I cannot do with my Lcd's

+1

Sep 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #53 of 56
The T1s are extremely comfortable and sound great, but they miss out on intimacy of the LCD-2s.  The bass is good, it's more than adequate for MOST types of music, but it's not the LCD-2.  As usual, the LCD-2s are the king of that domain.  The only set of cans _I've_ tried that compared to the LCD-2s bass wise was the HE-500s...followed by the Mad Dogs...  The HE-500s have very similiar bass qualities, but without the smokey Audeze sound, while the Mad Dogs have a step down in bass qualities, but seem to share that smokey sound...the one that makes it seem like you're in a crowded night club where it's you, the small crowd, and the artist.

Personally, I would LOVE the T1s if I had never heard the LCD-2s.  But then again, I am finding that I prefer a headphone that is warm, powerful, and full of presence.  I love to feel the weight of the song and the notes...the weight of the singers voice as it hits it's peak....  and unfortunately, I have yet to find a headphone that does that as well as the LCD-2s.  The one thing that bugs me about the LCD-2s is the weight in comparison to other cans.  Even the HE-500, which I recall is supposed to be heavier than the LCD-2s, felt as if it were lighter on my head.

The T1s are very comfortable, very light, and bring a great quality of sound to the table... as most have said, it's a great all arounder.  I don't listen to a lot of different types of music, so I don't need an all arounder.  If I did, then it would be a much harder choice for me.

Sep 10, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #54 of 56
Quote:
The T1s are extremely comfortable and sound great, but they miss out on intimacy of the LCD-2s.  The bass is good, it's more than adequate for MOST types of music, but it's not the LCD-2.  As usual, the LCD-2s are the king of that domain.  The only set of cans _I've_ tried that compared to the LCD-2s bass wise was the HE-500s...followed by the Mad Dogs...  The HE-500s have very similiar bass qualities, but without the smokey Audeze sound, while the Mad Dogs have a step down in bass qualities, but seem to share that smokey sound...the one that makes it seem like you're in a crowded night club where it's you, the small crowd, and the artist.

Personally, I would LOVE the T1s if I had never heard the LCD-2s.  But then again, I am finding that I prefer a headphone that is warm, powerful, and full of presence.  I love to feel the weight of the song and the notes...the weight of the singers voice as it hits it's peak....  and unfortunately, I have yet to find a headphone that does that as well as the LCD-2s.  The one thing that bugs me about the LCD-2s is the weight in comparison to other cans.  Even the HE-500, which I recall is supposed to be heavier than the LCD-2s, felt as if it were lighter on my head.

The T1s are very comfortable, very light, and bring a great quality of sound to the table... as most have said, it's a great all arounder.  I don't listen to a lot of different types of music, so I don't need an all arounder.  If I did, then it would be a much harder choice for me.

I fully intend to try some T1's at some point, probably at a meet but I've read enough about them that for my tastes I feel they would miss the mark a bit. After spending some time a/b with the LCD-2 and LCD-3 I've decided to save some $$ and get the LCD-3. To my ears they seem to bring out some of the air and detail retrieval qualities I appreciated in the HD800 but with more of the emotion and other qualities I already loved in the LCD-2. Not worth twice the price IMO but after hearing them it is damn hard to go back. I've parted with my LCD-2 and will be aiming to get a pair of LCD-3 towards the end of this week. 

I've very much considered the T1 and some used HD800's in the FS forums but I can't help but recall the build up of a familiar song with the HD800 only to be let down when the LFE should have raised arm hairs but was absent instead. The LCD-3 is the safe bet at this point and I already know they rock (synergy-wise) with the Lyr and Bifrost combo. I'll probably add a Q-audio cable but other than that my mind is set.... for now
o2smile.gif

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #55 of 56
Quote:
 I fully intend to try some T1's at some point, probably at a meet but I've read enough about them that for my tastes I feel they would miss the mark a bit. After spending some time a/b with the LCD-2 and LCD-3 I've decided to save some $$ and get the LCD-3. To my ears they seem to bring out some of the air and detail retrieval qualities I appreciated in the HD800 but with more of the emotion and other qualities I already loved in the LCD-2. Not worth twice the price IMO but after hearing them it is damn hard to go back. I've parted with my LCD-2 and will be aiming to get a pair of LCD-3 towards the end of this week. 

I've very much considered the T1 and some used HD800's in the FS forums but I can't help but recall the build up of a familiar song with the HD800 only to be let down when the LFE should have raised arm hairs but was absent instead. The LCD-3 is the safe bet at this point and I already know they rock (synergy-wise) with the Lyr and Bifrost combo. I'll probably add a Q-audio cable but other than that my mind is set.... for now
o2smile.gif

Recently selling my T1s (had them for almost 3 years since their release), you are making the absolute correct decision with regards to the LCD-3s and Q-Audio cable. Simply amazing and a clear step above the T1s IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back