Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #7,876 of 12,550
Not sure what's all the fixation on Pineapples lol. I do like Pineapple but don't eat it very often. Many don't like it due to it being quite acidic. Reminds me when I sold my Dell 2707 to someone in the mainland and it took forever for it to reach him. His friends were making jokes that he'll end up receiving a box full of Pineapples instead :wink:.

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #7,877 of 12,550
I stopped going to Wal-Mart when they started selling food and turned into "Mega Wal-Mart" or whatever. Target's much more manageable.

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #7,878 of 12,550
The Targets we have here are very expensive. I went there once to buy a comforter set that I liked (looked really nice in the add). While I was there I was scoping out the prices. Wall mart is definitely cheaper by a decent margin.

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #7,880 of 12,550

From what I'm told the Costco located near Dillingham (here in Hawaii) is the busiest Costco in the world as well as the highest grossing store for Costco in the world. So I feel everyone's pain lol. It's like playing bumper carts in that store. So much traffic. People being inconsiderate blocking the main walkways with their cars. Taking their sweet-ass-time as if no one else exists. Simply cutting in front of you. I don't mind so much if you pull your cart on the side and out of the way so other people can move along.... Then you have idiots who are speeding in the parking lot, not paying attention to what they are doing. People who are too lazy to put the carts back in a designated area (which BTW isn't a far walk mind you) just leaving the carts in the parking lot.
rolleyes.gif

We don't even have space for carts... :frowning2:

They've got to sell a lot of pineapple. Twinky-doodle-dandy, that's got to get you excited. Or strangely aroused, as you've been putting it in the last few pages.

I'm strangely constipated.

His friends were making jokes that he'll end up receiving a box full of Pineapples instead :wink:.

So...you ended up not sending the pineapples but the Dell instead? Why would you rip the guy off?

Alright, enough with the social commentary. Let's just all mutually agree that both Costco and Bach are the bane of western civilization.

So apart from waiting for my stuff to ship in this weekend, I've been planning to try my hand at re-creating some of my favourite dishes. Saturday would be Shaxian snacks (沙县小吃). Lived on this stuff in middle school. Always got the vendor to put a nice well-done fried egg on top of the noodles. Anyways the staples would be mixed flat noodles in peanut sauce (板面). And some wontons (肉燕), with a lean meat processed skin (燕皮) , in soup. Plus some chinese romain on the side. Mmmh...could live on a bowl a day. Make that three bowls. Actually make that four.

The noodles.

The wontons.

Sunday would entail some nice Lanzhou lamian (兰州拉面 - pulled noodles - like how you see it in the movies.) Lanzhou is pretty Muslim-centric, so the genuine bowls are all halal. Nice, tongue-numbing broth, very heavy on the salt and flavourful, moreso than its Beijing relative. Broth is like heavy on rye. Noodles are beautifully chewy. Has to be done right though. I've come across only 4-5 places in all of Fuzhou which had some genuine stuff. One of which was right downstairs from the apartment (but it closed down shortly - people just don't get good food).

I can't wait.

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #7,881 of 12,550
You can get giant blocks of cheese for under $10 at Costco. You can get these assortments of cured deli meats that aren't half bad for around $8. They've got humongous buckets of kitty litter, which I don't know the exact price of offhand, but which nonetheless are a good deal

There's your life's essentials, right there.

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #7,882 of 12,550
  We don't even have space for carts... :frowning2:

I'm strangely constipated.

So...you ended up not sending the pineapples but the Dell instead? Why would you rip the guy off?

Alright, enough with the social commentary. Let's just all mutually agree that both Costco and Bach are the bane of western civilization.

So apart from waiting for my stuff to ship in this weekend, I've been planning to try my hand at re-creating some of my favourite dishes. Saturday would be Shaxian snacks (沙县小吃). Lived on this stuff in middle school. Always got the vendor to put a nice well-done fried egg on top of the noodles. Anyways the staples would be mixed flat noodles in peanut sauce (板面). And some wontons (肉燕), with a lean meat processed skin (燕皮) , in soup. Plus some chinese romain on the side. Mmmh...could live on a bowl a day. Make that three bowls. Actually make that four.

The noodles.

The wontons.

Sunday would entail some nice Lanzhou lamian (兰州拉面 - pulled noodles - like how you see it in the movies.) Lanzhou is pretty Muslim-centric, so the genuine bowls are all halal. Nice, tongue-numbing broth, very heavy on the salt and flavourful, moreso than its Beijing relative. Broth is like heavy on rye. Noodles are beautifully chewy. Has to be done right though. I've come across only 4-5 places in all of Fuzhou which had some genuine stuff. One of which was right downstairs from the apartment (but it closed down shortly - people just don't get good food).

I can't wait.

I want everything in those pictures right now. Unless there are century eggs lurking in there somewhere. Then it can go to hell.

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #7,883 of 12,550
Next up is another one-season wonder...

I'm leaping forward 30 years from 1966 to 1996 with Captain Simian & The Space Monkeys. Their leader (Captain Charles "Chuck" Simian) was originally one of the chimps shot into space by NASA in the 1960s. His rocket veered off course, and he was eventually found by a race of super beings. They enhanced his intelligence and also obtained a group of ape friends to be his team (The Space Monkeys). They roam the universe battling Lord Nebula, a half-human, half-black hole super villain.

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #7,884 of 12,550
They've got humongous buckets of kitty litter

That's strangely arousing.

Quote:
  I want everything in those pictures right now. Unless there are century eggs lurking in there somewhere. Then it can go to hell.

That's a morning dish, mind you. No one eats salted duck eggs or century eggs with Shaxian snacks. The eggs are for congee and the likes.

Quote:
Next up is another one-season wonder...

Looks like some furry fanart to me.

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #7,885 of 12,550
Sep 7, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #7,886 of 12,550
A cheese sandwich huh. How sick. Don't tell me there's a CD copy of Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli's Bach-Busoni Chaconne transcript for the Piano in D Minor in there. Adding some artificial crunchiness?  You people are sick. Sick in the membrane.

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #7,887 of 12,550
Actually, I think Krystal prefers P.D.Q. Bach. But it seems like she just can't enjoy her cheesy Bach sandwiches these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back