Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #6,526 of 12,550
Weird. I opened it in GIMP and paged through the frames and didn't see that transparency. Either I didn't know what to look for, or else GIMP does some conversion or something when it opens the file.

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #6,529 of 12,550
Quote:
Anime August... 12:10:00.

So are you going to anime-ize one of your KM avatar images? 
wink.gif

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #6,530 of 12,550
What's the official font for the TMAC logo? im making my avatar right now.

Jul 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #6,531 of 12,550
Quote:
What's the official font for the TMAC logo? im making my avatar right now.

There really is not any official font. Just go with what works on your avatar, and try to make the :"TMAC" legible. 
smile_phones.gif

Jul 31, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #6,533 of 12,550
Ixnay on the Comic Sans... :D
I asked Warren quite a while back what the font was, he told me an I forgot... If you search for font it might locate the post.

+1 to go with what suits the Avatar.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 31, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #6,534 of 12,550
The one I often use is Danube. I Googled and found it fairly easily, so getting it shouldn't be difficult if you don't already have it.

And the web designer in me dies a little bit every time I see Comic Sans anything. I actually read an article about it recently here. Evidently the font was linked to (though not actually a part of) the infamously horrible Microsoft Bob, which doesn't surprise me at all.

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #6,535 of 12,550
The one I often use is Danube. I Googled and found it fairly easily, so getting it shouldn't be difficult if you don't already have it.

And the web designer in me dies a little bit every time I see Comic Sans anything. I actually read an article about it recently here. Evidently the font was linked to (though not actually a part of) the infamously horrible Microsoft Bob, which doesn't surprise me at all.

Yeah - I read the same thing - Comic Sans was apparently created for Microsoft Bob, but wasn't actually used in Microsoft Bob. Comic Sans lives on decades after Bob became a rotting corpse.

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #6,536 of 12,550
Yeah - I read the same thing - Comic Sans was apparently created for Microsoft Bob, but wasn't actually used in Microsoft Bob. Comic Sans lives on decades after Bob became a rotting corpse.

Win 8 is the new Bob. :D

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #6,537 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:

Please enlighten the young'n what microsoft Bob is? I know what and 8track is and I'm collecting (and listening to) vinyl, I've got Wolfenstein 3D on floppy, but I don't know what microsoft bob is.

Also thanks Agyris for the tip, thats the font I was talking about.

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #6,538 of 12,550

And Voila!! (Sorry for spelling, I'm Texan, not French.

And a horse for that matter as well!

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #6,540 of 12,550
Nice job, I'd put a white drop shadow on the letters so they stand out a bit more. Going to be hard to see in avatar size. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back