The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #1,081 of 7,980
Quote:

I dunno about bigger or better, but mine is on its way 
beerchug.gif

That's HOT!

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #1,084 of 7,980
Just wondering about custom cables, I see IEM cables from moon audio (silver dragon) and whiplash audio (TWAG v2), are their CIEM cables for westone/UE/JH able to fit for heir audio 8.A?

Also which cable is better, the Silver dragon or TWAG?

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #1,085 of 7,980
Quote:
Just wondering about custom cables, I see IEM cables from moon audio (silver dragon) and whiplash audio (TWAG v2), are their CIEM cables for westone/UE/JH able to fit for heir audio 8.A?

Also which cable is better, the Silver dragon or TWAG?

Yes, Heir Audio custom iems have the same cable connectors as Westone, JHA, Future Sonics, etc. UE uses a different connector.

I'll be looking forward to trying the Toxic Cables Silver Poison with my 8.A, as well as Heir Audio's own new silver/copper cable, the Magnus 1.

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #1,086 of 7,980
Quote:
Yes, Heir Audio custom iems have the same cable connectors as Westone, JHA, Future Sonics, etc. UE uses a different connector.

I'll be looking forward to trying the Toxic Cables Silver Poison with my 8.A, as well as Heir Audio's own new silver/copper cable, the Magnus 1.

Hmm.. I checked the Toxic Cables website, but theres no link/info on their CIEM cables, is this product currently under trial? and expected cost?

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #1,087 of 7,980
Jun 13, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #1,088 of 7,980
Quote:

I dunno about bigger or better, but mine is on its way 
beerchug.gif

How much did it cost for the engraving? I'm actually thinking about getting some Heir IEM with the batman symbol :D 

I'm still very new to IEM in general so I still have lots to learn. (I'm not sure if I should shell out for some, not sure how often I would be using a portable rig when I have my DT880s at home :/ )

Jun 13, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #1,089 of 7,980
Quote:
How much did it cost for the engraving? I'm actually thinking about getting some Heir IEM with the batman symbol :D 

I'm still very new to IEM in general so I still have lots to learn. (I'm not sure if I should shell out for some, not sure how often I would be using a portable rig when I have my DT880s at home :/ )

The laser engraving was an additional $50 and the colored canals were $30.  This was actually a reshell of 4.As that I bought from a fellow head-fier (his original shells were completely different and red in color), so I paid $70 for the ownership transfer.

I'm planning on using these outside with the Galaxy S3 when it arrives in the US next month (with the confirmed Wolfson DAC).  I think it's a great portable option at a very reasonable price for neutral CIEMs that I'll be using for music and some A/V projects.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #1,091 of 7,980
Yep, it's offered on all of their CIEMs for up to two times (3 owners).  Outside of that, it costs $240 for a remold.

8. What is the Heir Audio “Ownership Transfer Service” policy?

CIEMs are custom made to each individual owner. Some people may be leery of purchasing a CIEM due to their limited resell value. We have decided to offer a limited “Owner Transfer Service” policy. If a person purchases an Heir Audio CIEM second hand, the second owner may have the product remolded to fit them for 70$. The product will be remolded into a “Standard” CIEM. (Standard = Acrylic shell, with matching acrylic face plate colors) All additional options are available to the second owner with additional fees. (remold) The Ownership Transfer Service can be extended two times for the life of a product. Each new owner is required to sign the back of the Original Ownership card.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #1,092 of 7,980
Quote:

I'm planning on using these outside with the Galaxy S3 when it arrives in the US next month (with the confirmed Wolfson DAC).  I think it's a great portable option at a very reasonable price for neutral CIEMs that I'll be using for music and some A/V projects.

I have been using my 8.A with my Galaxy 2S and it sounds very good.  So good that I have never thought of pairing a amp with it.  I don't know what Samsung uses for a DAC and amp chip in that model but it rocks.

Westone has a mic cable called the EPIC MICS cable for android and most smart phones that you may be interested in.  I have not tried it.

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #1,093 of 7,980
I have the Galaxy S2 also and I'll probably have it long enough to try out my new CIEMs (4.A and 8.A) when they get here within a week.  I believe the DAC in all of the S2s is the Yamaha C1YMU823 / MC-1N2 DAC.

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #1,094 of 7,980
Quote:
Hmm.. I checked the Toxic Cables website, but theres no link/info on their CIEM cables, is this product currently under trial? and expected cost?

Cables shipping in 2-3 weeks, i don't have them listed currently as i don't have them available to ship. You can contact me to for further details.

I have sent several units out for review of all 5 cables that will be offered, most are Heir Audio CIEM users.

Pre order prices start from £85.

These cables are also made to be used to Heir Audio customs, so the post is not entirely out of place i hope, but please do email or PM me with any further questions.

Jun 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #1,095 of 7,980
Quote:
There's an HEIR AUDIO SALE ON FACEBOOK!

33% off the 8.A for a lucky 40 people!

http://www.facebook.com/events/236031209846305/

As you can read over on the Heir Audio FB page, 40 folks who sign up and commit to this special sale can get the 8.A for 33% off the standard price. That's 33% off $1,299 = $870!

That's a great deal.

It ends on June 23rd, or when the 40 spots are taken, whichever comes first.

If you'd like to get on The List, you just click Join on the Facebook event and send your payment to Heir Audio.

The usual build time for Heir Audio is 3-5 weeks, for this special, please allow 6 weeks for the lab to complete your order.

Should be fun, people who can't get on facebook can pm me and I can contact the Wizard.

For the birthday promo, there are 10 Days left with maybe 14 slots open (I went for it but I'm not on the list)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back