The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Apr 26, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #768 of 7,980
First world problems^2 but, because my 4.A's fit in my left ear is perfect, the fact that the right side is less so (even though it is fine sonically) is really annoying me. 

Easiest way to explain the difference: it takes a bit more fiddling to get a good seal with the right earpiece, and if I lie down while wearing them my right side loses its seal while my left has no issues.

Funnily enough, the right side of my jaw is where my audiologist told me to place the bite block.
Currently considering having a re-fit done...

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #769 of 7,980
Quote:
First world problems^2 but, because my 4.A's fit in my left ear is perfect, the fact that the right side is less so (even though it is fine sonically) is really annoying me. 

Easiest way to explain the difference: it takes a bit more fiddling to get a good seal with the right earpiece, and if I lie down while wearing them my right side loses its seal while my left has no issues.

Funnily enough, the right side of my jaw is where my audiologist told me to place the bite block.
Currently considering having a re-fit done...

Yeah, it's a problem if you can't enjoy them lying down down. I use mine a lot in bed, to relax before sleep.

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #771 of 7,980
It is week I am using my new 4.A ... Fit issue on left ear, so propably must send to refit. The sound... I dont know how to explain, it is my first CIEMs but i find the sound a bit muddy and like "covered with blanket" sound, not airy, no highs  I've been using phonak PFE headphones which had bright sound signature... Don't know what is wrong with me (or ciems?) :D anyways, I will send it to refit and then see :)

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #772 of 7,980
I was wondering what portable amps any 8.A owners are using if any?  I would assume the usual suspects, but just wondering if anyone has found a good combo.

I'm using the c421 ad8620 from jdslab. I'm enjoying my music so much right now.
After using for more than 50hrs, I'm not sure whether my brain is used to the sound or the amp becomes much more dynamic, but there are so much difference compared to my initial impressions. Sounds so much better now

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #775 of 7,980
It adds quite a bit of sparkle to the top notes which I felt the 8.A sort of needed. The synergy is immaculate to my ears. 

Also, the amp in itself is quite lovely. Form factor is great with an iPhone or iPod touch and the treble adjustment is quite handy and fun to play around with. 

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #776 of 7,980
Which would be a better choice with a 4.A? The c421 or the Arrow 4G? Price isn't my concern so much as sound quality. The 4.A's are nicely analytical and I quite like their sound as is. I'm looking for something that will open it up a bit more and perhaps enhance the high-mids only slightly. Mostly I do want to stay as neutral as possible, though.

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #777 of 7,980
It is week I am using my new 4.A ... Fit issue on left ear, so propably must send to refit. The sound... I dont know how to explain, it is my first CIEMs but i find the sound a bit muddy and like "covered with blanket" sound, not airy, no highs  I've been using phonak PFE headphones which had bright sound signature... Don't know what is wrong with me (or ciems?) :D anyways, I will send it to refit and then see :)

That's indeed weird. I went from the HF5 (Etymōtic) to the 4.A, and while the HF5 does boost the highs to a much greater degree, the 4.A didn't sound muffled to me even on first listen.

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #778 of 7,980

Quote:

Sounds like you aren't quite setting them right in your ears. A vacuum fit will do that, so will having them overly pushed in.

Apr 27, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #780 of 7,980
They are. With the stock Heir cables you should have a blue and a red dot on each cable. These colors correspond to the left (blue) and right (red) ciem and the dots should be facing towards the back of your head when your ciem's are inserted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back