The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 26, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #5,627 of 7,980
My Impressions were delivered about a week ago to the San Diego address... just getting the 3A owner transfer. I know they are probably crazy busy.. but how long you guys think before I should hear anything, maybe that they are good to go on to China etc?  

Feb 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #5,634 of 7,980
Quote:
My Impressions were delivered about a week ago to the San Diego address... just getting the 3A owner transfer. I know they are probably crazy busy.. but how long you guys think before I should hear anything, maybe that they are good to go on to China etc?  

My impressions arrived at heir audio's china location over 1 month ago and mine have not been built yet. Your impressions are supposed to be delivered from San Diego to China first before anything can start. It took mine about 1 week to go from San Diego to China. I have been waiting about 4-5 weeks now since it arrived in China for my 4A to be built. Still haven't heard anything yet.

My guess is that the more rush orders get ordered, the longer it will take for me to get a response. Lol.

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #5,635 of 7,980
OK... yeah I just emailed them and the nice guy Brannan (who is patient with me) let me know they had the impressions and they will be shipped to China in the next couple days.  Did they email you once they were received in China?  Or how did you know when they were delivered?

I guess I better prepare myself for a longer wait!

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #5,636 of 7,980
I should have left well enough alone with my original 4.A. 
mad.gif

Quote:
I think the bottom ones are mine.  Finally getting them back today - on the UPS truck for delivery!

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #5,637 of 7,980
Quote:
OK... yeah I just emailed them and the nice guy Brannan (who is patient with me) let me know they had the impressions and they will be shipped to China in the next couple days.  Did they email you once they were received in China?  Or how did you know when they were delivered?

I guess I better prepare myself for a longer wait!

Yes they e-mail you once it reaches China. Are you doing a refit? If you are, I don't know if it goes at the end of the line or not. If it is, come back in 2-3 months literally. lol. They just had Chinese New Year too which probably made more delays.

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #5,639 of 7,980
For the past couple of weeks I have been using my 8.As to mix & master electronic music, and I am incredibly happy with the results. Generally, I rely on a pair of KRK V4 & a KRK 10sub studio monitors for all of my production. In the past  I've used my Westone um3x/4 to track, but never to eq, since when I return to the studio monitors, the eq sounds off. The Westones are too coloured or limited in frequency response to mix and master with.
I'm almost complete a new track using only the 8.As, and when I tested the results on my KRK monitors it sounded as good or better than any eq/mastering work I've done. 
I really couldn't be happier with the balance and depth of the 8.A IEMs.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #5,640 of 7,980
Quote:
For the past couple of weeks I have been using my 8.As to mix & master electronic music, and I am incredibly happy with the results. Generally, I rely on a pair of KRK V4 & a KRK 10sub studio monitors for all of my production. In the past  I've used my Westone um3x/4 to track, but never to eq, since when I return to the studio monitors, the eq sounds off. The Westones are too coloured or limited in frequency response to mix and master with.
I'm almost complete a new track using only the 8.As, and when I tested the results on my KRK monitors it sounded as good or better than any eq/mastering work I've done. 
I really couldn't be happier with the balance and depth of the 8.A IEMs.

Wow that is pretty impressive. I didn't think the 8As would be suitable for mastering? So you consider them very accurate then? Overall I find them very musical and they work wonders with movies and games. I'm still working on finding the perfect source though in terms of music. The N1 is the closest I've gotten but the volume is too high on the lowest settings :frowning2:....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back