The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jan 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #4,276 of 7,980
Quote:
Hi sorensiim - do you happen to have a photo of the dx100 next to an ipod? I am very very very tempted by the dx100 just need to get a visual idea of how bulky it is, i have the dimensions but a picture speaks a thousand words and all that
wink.gif

Thanks in advance

Colorfly C4 -> Hisound Studio 5 -> iPod touch/SR71B -> DX100 
smile.gif

Sorry about the low depth of field! For a better comparison, try this nifty website.

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #4,283 of 7,980
My 8.A came in last night and boy I wasn't expecting that much bass. I love the bass in these it's phenomenal, if there's any bass in the recording it'll rock you from head to toe but at the same time it isn't too intrusive in anything else overall. With the fit there seems to be a very small issue at times but rarely noticeable, then again it could have something to do with poor insertion or change in body weight from when I took my impressions.

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #4,286 of 7,980
Quote:

A very safe wager

Hi FullCircle, I was recommended to ask you for your opinion on my impressions before sending them out. Is it possible if you can give me your opinion?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/giewsaqpnnh9ci8/9Qzz5sdIw3

I
 have the following issues:

1. I can clearly see two bends in one of the impressions but the other one is almost flat (I cant see two bends). Is this a possible failure of the impression process?

2. What does "Full Helix" and "Crus of Helix" mean? My understanding of it was that the impression had to cover the entire outer ear lobe. I have a photo of the impression against my ear and it did not reach the end of it. Did my impression fulfill the helix requirements?

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #4,287 of 7,980
Quote:
Hi all,
Has anyone had their ear impressions confirmed by the North America office this week?  I sent mine in the week before Christmas and now I am worried they got lost in the mail.

Mine arrived at their offices the day before Xmas and were confirmed this week and are supposed to be shipped out and arrive in China early next week sometime.

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #4,288 of 7,980
Quote:
My 8.A came in last night and boy I wasn't expecting that much bass. I love the bass in these it's phenomenal, if there's any bass in the recording it'll rock you from head to toe but at the same time it isn't too intrusive in anything else overall. With the fit there seems to be a very small issue at times but rarely noticeable, then again it could have something to do with poor insertion or change in body weight from when I took my impressions.

Congratulations! I went from the UM Merlins to the 8.A - The 8.A has no problems keeping up with the bass from the Merlins, while surpassing them in every other way possible. 

Jan 4, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #4,289 of 7,980
Quote:
Mine arrived at their offices the day before Xmas and were confirmed this week and are supposed to be shipped out and arrive in China early next week sometime.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for quick shipping from Heir USA to Chengdu. My impressions took over a month to get from Heir USA to Chengdu. I don't think they express ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back