The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Nov 29, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #3,631 of 7,980
Quote:
My philosophy is "go big or go home"... time to change that order? :p

Nahhhh, I picked the 4A due to it being rated a decent sounding custom whose sound was somewhere in the neutral area. I'm hoping what I read is true and they have no cold or overly warm tinge to them and have a nice linear sound. On the other hand if these work out I don't see a problem with grabbing an 8A for my bassy electronica in the foreseeable future. With that out of the way I could finally be content that my IEM hunt would finally be over and I could start spending more time getting a nice sounding home headphone rig together to drive some nice sounding headphones with. Craft dinner for life here I come

By the way guys hows the PRAT on these things? Is note decay generally quick and the sound aggressive or are they more on the mellow side?

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #3,632 of 7,980
Quote:
Nahhhh, I picked the 4A due to it being rated a decent sounding custom whose sound was somewhere in the neutral area. I'm hoping what I read is true and they have no cold or overly warm tinge to them and have a nice linear sound. On the other hand if these work out I don't see a problem with grabbing an 8A for my bassy electronica in the foreseeable future. With that out of the way I could finally be content that my IEM hunt would finally be over and I could start spending more time getting a nice sounding home headphone rig together to drive some nice sounding headphones with. Craft dinner for life here I come

By the way guys hows the PRAT on these things? Is note decay generally quick and the sound aggressive or are they more on the mellow side?

Decay is pretty fast. Just how it should be. And, I would definitely say that it's close to neutral. A bit on the warmer side of it, but they're not super warm and they're definitely not cold. If you like Frank Sinatra at all, you're in for a treat.

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #3,633 of 7,980
Quote:
the 4a have balanced armatures so they shouldnt burn in, from what ive read

This is head-fi. Everything burns in here. Even tips 
tongue.gif

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #3,634 of 7,980
Quote:
This is head-fi. Everything burns in here. Even tips 
tongue.gif

Actually, there is truth behind that last statement...  You should see my Etymotic triple flanges after a few weeks of use...  They go from circular to ovular (closer to the human canal's shape).  You can go ahead and say it's a coincidence that it just so turns into the shape of my ear, but physics can sort of show what's going on over time... 

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #3,636 of 7,980
Quote:
Rubber eartips will form to your ear canals regardless if you jam them in your ears lol. They have no choice...

I know...  That's what I mean when I say tips burn break in...  This can change the seal (softens the seal in parts that were hard before; hardens the seal in parts that were soft before).  The amount of sound change caused by this still is unknown though. 

Nov 30, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #3,638 of 7,980
Quote:
Iems reach my home already.
Cant wait to get home

I've started getting everything delivered at work... Can't bear the thought of new toys just sitting unused at home while I'm slaving away at work.

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #3,640 of 7,980
Quote:

I find the PRaT quite good with the 4.Ai's, it's not Grado PRaT but it's one of the better IEM's I've had.

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #3,643 of 7,980
Rubick they look really nice! How are the 4.A with the Sony player? Think my fuze is on its way out, also I was expecting proofs of my 4.A today as it's been 5 weeks today, Oh well I'm guessing that black friday sale will have pushed them back a litte. What a crap start to my birthday :frowning2:

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #3,644 of 7,980
Rubick they look really nice! How are the 4.A with the Sony player? Think my fuze is on its way out, also I was expecting proofs of my 4.A today as it's been 5 weeks today, Oh well I'm guessing that black friday sale will have pushed them back a litte. What a crap start to my birthday :frowning2:

nv tried with just the sony player yet.
i use it through my predator =X
not use to ciem ear abit pain. now trying to get use to the feeling.
but once i put on the 8A, i forget about the 4A :D:D:D

Nov 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #3,645 of 7,980
So I went to the audiologist today but she said she couldn't do it because i had wax and she said it had to be professionaly  removed and she said the removal of wax would cost $75. Her cost to do impressions also cost $75. So that's $150 in total. Is wax removal a normal thing to be charged on? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back