The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Nov 27, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #3,556 of 7,980
Quote:
Called UPS just now to see if I could pick up the package since no one will be at home Friday.
Sure enough, I have to wait for one delivery attempt and then call to schedule it.
Won't be getting my 4.A until Monday afternoon now.
frown.gif

Take the day off from work... or call in sick 
smile.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #3,559 of 7,980
Another observation.

I let someone use my amp today so I listened to the Sansa Clip with the 8a directly.  I then reconnected the amp between the Sansa Clip and the 8a.  Big difference, especially in the bass, but noticeable in other parts of the range.  In a word, with the amp -- "authoritative".  I never want to listen to the 8a without an amp again.

The Chinese characters are really neat but I fear getting the "tattoo" story on my IEM's would be too much to bear.  I went with Greek letters.  At least I know those from chemistry classes.

To those of you who are waiting for your 8a's, it definitely was worth the wait.

Happy listening.

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #3,560 of 7,980
Quote:
I took the plunge and ordered an 8A with Siamese rosewood. Just need to mail my ear impressions now.
biggrin.gif

Yeah same here, I'm waiting for Heir to email me back telling me they received my order. They usually email you right?

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #3,562 of 7,980
Yeah same here, I'm waiting for Heir to email me back telling me they received my order. They usually email you right?

I didn't get a confirmation email for my order but I got an email from sunny with details about my instructions. If you go to the site and go to the checkout section and key in your order # (found on your paypal invoice) you'll see your order and its status.

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #3,563 of 7,980
Quote:
I didn't get a confirmation email for my order but I got an email from sunny with details about my instructions. If you go to the site and go to the checkout section and key in your order # (found on your paypal invoice) you'll see your order and its status.

Thanks, I just went to take a look and it gave me a white page in Chinese with a bunch of format exception strings below. Looks like Heir is having some site problems. I'll check again tomorrow. I'm guessing Heir is swamped with all the orders for the 4A and the 8A because the only confirmation I've gotten so far is from PayPal. I'm not to worried it'll eventually all get ironed out. From all I've read Heir seems to be a company that's on top of things.

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #3,564 of 7,980
Not the best picture but this is what they look like.  8a in light smoke, red and blue tips with buckeye burl. 

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #3,565 of 7,980
So, my 4.A shipped Sunday evening and they're expected to arrive by the end of Thursday this week. They didn't even get out of China, according to UPS, till very recently and are currently in Korea. Does it seem plausible that they could arrive in Washington state by Thursday or do you guys think UPS might be BSing it a little bit?

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #3,566 of 7,980
Quote:
So, my 4.A shipped Sunday evening and they're expected to arrive by the end of Thursday this week. They didn't even get out of China, according to UPS, till very recently and are currently in Korea. Does it seem plausible that they could arrive in Washington state by Thursday or do you guys think UPS might be BSing it a little bit?

I think what will happen is it will hit customs by Wednesday and the guy in charge of ripping open the packages will rip yours open and become mesmerized by the utter beauty of your new 4A's. Being a curious sort he will then plug them into his cough found iPod cough and try inserting them into his ultra tiny ears. Upon realizing they don't fit he will throw a temper tantrum and with one huge push will permanently lodge the 4A's into his melon head. Freaked out he will then run screaming at the top of his lungs through the streets waving his hands in the air like a lunatic to the emergency ward. Upon arriving there he will begin to feel like a total wiener when he has to explain how he jammed someone elses customs into his ear canals. After some creative explaining of how all this came about to the medical doctors your 4A's will be surgically removed followed by the customs official calling his boss and telling him he's going on medical leave for the next month. I'm guessing you'll get them in your hands in just over a months time. I highly recommend you give them a good cleaning when they arrive
wink_face.gif

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #3,567 of 7,980
Quote:
Thanks, I just went to take a look and it gave me a white page in Chinese with a bunch of format exception strings below. Looks like Heir is having some site problems. I'll check again tomorrow. I'm guessing Heir is swamped with all the orders for the 4A and the 8A because the only confirmation I've gotten so far is from PayPal. I'm not to worried it'll eventually all get ironed out. From all I've read Heir seems to be a company that's on top of things.

Same here.

PayPal email is the only confirmation I have. Dropped them an email to check if my ear impressions have reached yet, still waiting for their response.

Guess they are too busy with the Black Friday orders.

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #3,568 of 7,980
Whoa that was quick. I decided to fire off a email to Heir customer service and barely 30 minutes later the Wizard himself responds. He's forwarded my email to his customer service people and they will get back to me soon. If that wasn't enough my order is now showing up on the Heir site as being made. I'm impressed

Oh by the way guys, when you look up your order on the Heir site if you click on order number your detailed order form will pop up and on the bottom of the order form is a print icon. Thought you would all want to know. I fired my order off so quick I forgot to print my order form out

Nov 28, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #3,569 of 7,980
Quote:
To those of you who are waiting for your 8a's, it definitely was worth the wait.

What he said^^
If I had to live the rest of my life using only one headphone, the 8.A would be it.

Quote:
I think what will happen is it will hit customs by Wednesday and the guy in charge of ripping open the packages will rip yours open and become mesmerized by the utter beauty of your new 4A's. Being a curious sort he will then plug them into his cough found iPod cough and try inserting them into his ultra tiny ears. Upon realizing they don't fit he will throw a temper tantrum and with one huge push will permanently lodge the 4A's into his melon head. Freaked out he will then run screaming at the top of his lungs through the streets waving his hands in the air like a lunatic to the emergency ward. Upon arriving there he will begin to feel like a total wiener when he has to explain how he jammed someone elses customs into his ear canals. After some creative explaining of how all this came about to the medical doctors your 4A's will be surgically removed followed by the customs official calling his boss and telling him he's going on medical leave for the next month. I'm guessing you'll get them in your hands in just over a months time. I highly recommend you give them a good cleaning when they arrive
wink_face.gif

I lol'd. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Whoa that was quick. I decided to fire off a email to Heir customer service and barely 30 minutes later the Wizard himself responds. He's forwarded my email to his customer service people and they will get back to me soon. If that wasn't enough my order is now showing up on the Heir site as being made. I'm impressed

Oh by the way guys, when you look up your order on the Heir site if you click on order number your detailed order form will pop up and on the bottom of the order form is a print icon. Thought you would all want to know. I fired my order off so quick I forgot to print my order form out

That seems to be just how they roll... Stellar looking, even better sounding products with a customer service that goes above and beyond anyone else in the business.

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #3,570 of 7,980
8.A owners: what's your preferred DAP/rig? I've got an iPod+Arrow 3G right now and a Clip Zip, but If there's something as portable as the Clip but with better sound quality I wanna know about it.

Does anyone use a RoCoo BA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back