The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Nov 24, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #3,361 of 7,980
Quote:
Quite disappointed in the build time of my 4A, me and another friend had our impression sent and they arrived on 8 oct.
however, my friend received his confirmation mail on 12 nov.
wondering how long mine will be build. I email sunny on 13 nov, she said will be done within that week. Yet to receive any confirmation mail, i email sunny again on 21 nov and she replied will be done within this week.
Till today, there is no news at all. It is almost 7 weeks and there is no confirmation or anything.
I wonder what is happening and what is the fulfillment of promises made.
If on a normal period, a 5 weeks build fulfillment period could not be met, i wonder now during the promotion period, how much longer will it take.
I have always been a great supporter of heir audio, and recommend it to many of my friends, but if this was the type of service provided, I dont think I am able to recommend it to anyone no matter how great the iem sounds

Didn't they say 5-8 weeks when you ordered? 

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #3,362 of 7,980
Didn't they say 5-8 weeks when you ordered? 

i order before oct,
build time was 3-5weeks

3. How long is the build time?
Production is fairly long due to the high level of craftsmanship that is required to build our products. Our current build time is 3 to 5 work weeks, and this does not include shipping/transit time. The time stated above, is strictly and estimation, and there may be some unforeseen delays. If you prefer your order to be built faster, we recommend that you select the rush order option.

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #3,363 of 7,980
I wonder if building CIEMs is like an assembly line process. Or do they make each CIEM one by one?

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #3,364 of 7,980
if it is an assembly line process,
i guess my would have been completed long ago since my impression reached the lab the same day as my friend.
if they make it one by one,
then i guess those with their impression arrived after 8Oct must still be waiting.

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #3,365 of 7,980
I can only imagine how much longer it would take for the people who ordered during this BF. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #3,367 of 7,980
Quote:
mine without promotion period is 7 weeks.
guess with promotion 10weeks?

That could be another turnoff for me (in a good way, it helps me with my decision) as I hope to have some CIEM by my birthday, Jan 16th.

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #3,368 of 7,980
That could be another turnoff for me (in a good way, it helps me with my decision) as I hope to have some CIEM by my birthday, Jan 16th.

i ordered another 8A on 15nov.
but just emailed them to cancel it if possible.
if i were to ship my 4A and 8A together,
i guess it will be a 3-4mths wait on my 4A already

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #3,370 of 7,980
Hot damn that's a long time to wait. Heir might be losing my 1100 Washingtons! I'm far too impatient.

i don mind the wait, if only they at least tell me not so soon, and not brush me off and say
it will be done within the week then totally no update at all, and i still need to email them again to enquire

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #3,372 of 7,980
Quote:
i don mind the wait, if only they at least tell me not so soon, and not brush me off and say
it will be done within the week then totally no update at all, and i still need to email them again to enquire

Sorry to hear about your problems - at least you're not dealing with UM... 

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #3,373 of 7,980
See that's the one thing I don't get about estimates here.  Surely it would be better if the estimates were on the longer side, ie 3 weeks instead of two etc.  That way if they are completed earlier it's a nice surprise, if they aren't or there's a longer delay it's no surprise.  Long story short, if impatient select rush!

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #3,374 of 7,980
See that's the one thing I don't get about estimates here.  Surely it would be better if the estimates were on the longer side, ie 3 weeks instead of two etc.  That way if they are completed earlier it's a nice surprise, if they aren't or there's a longer delay it's no surprise.  Long story short, if impatient select rush!

it is not about impatient or not. if i was told it will take a little more time for it to be build, i will gladly wait. Not just say within the week will be done and no news after it.
Apart from this, initially i chosen a brush aluminium with a logo cut out, the logo was a image that i uploaded.

After 4 weeks since my ear impression reach the lab, there was a mail to me confirming my cut out, and i told Sunny the cut out will be on the image i uploaded.
They said ok and taken note of it.
At the end of the 5th week, i email them asking about the finishing of my 4A, then after exchanging a few emails, Sunny ask me about my cut out as she thought is was one side cut out, and the other side is a laser engraving. Why wait till i email them to enquire about the 4A then i was ask to double confirm again? So if i never email them, my 4A will be placed on hold?

After confirming, Sunny say my design was to difficult to be cut out on the brush aluminium, and i was ok with that and told her to change to wood instead, and without the different color faceplate that i initially choose. She replied that the faceplate was already done cannot cancel.

So now 2 weeks and the wood still not on the faceplate?

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #3,375 of 7,980
Then you should never ever even remotely consider getting into high end home audio/video equipment, e.g. setting up a quality home cinema.
Audionet, Classé, Esoteric, Linn, T&A, Wilson Audio, B&W, Lumen White, JVC, Sony, Epson, SIM2, Stewart anyone?

You'll end up in a living room like this:

And no, selling your McLaren F1 won't pay for this.:wink:
Quote:
As I posted in another thread: We've fallen down the pit of stupidly expensive gear. When it get's lonely down here, we post reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back