The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Nov 23, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #3,317 of 7,980
Quote:
I'd buy it if they are willing to make one "universal" version. I would ship it off for a world tour. :p

Sadly customs are no go. Too lazy to get impression.

Hehe, same here, based on my experience with the 4.Ai as well as the reviews and comparisons I've read of the 6.A I'd be pretty keen to buy a universal version, I just can't do customs.

Quote:
They're not specified for a universal shell, but I'd still talk to the Wizard... worth an inquiry I think.

I inquired about a universal version of the 6.A awhile back and it didn't seem like it would happen for the LE version. I have nothing to base this on other than pure speculation on my part but I expect The Wizard will release something as a replacement for the 6.A once it's sold out, I'm hoping if that happens there will be a universal version as well. Although, not knowing what that might be I'd be more inclined to get a universal 6.Ai if it were possible.

Nov 23, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #3,318 of 7,980
Quote:
Anyone in North America, how long does it take from order to shipment of the universals.  I ordered a pair of 3.Ai's yesterday, and I'm anxious to get them.  Really excited to hear the "fun" factor in these IEM's.

If they're in stock at the US location I'd imagine you'd have them in approximately a week to two weeks.

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #3,320 of 7,980
Quote:
If they're in stock at the US location I'd imagine you'd have them in approximately a week to two weeks.

beerchug.gif
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #3,321 of 7,980
Website down?  went in to order 4.a and after making all the choices and hitting "submit" or whatever, i get this...

[size=14pt]Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.[/size]

Contact heir via email if the problem persists, they are very responsive to email and very helpful. I know the site was down earlier a couple times. Bad timing, huh? Black Friday and all..

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #3,323 of 7,980
Man!  Something's come up, and I need to cancel my order.  I assume contact through email is good, or should I phone?

Bummer!

Email should do the trick, but you can shoot a PM to FullCircle and Bangkokkid as well, just to be sure.

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #3,324 of 7,980
Even when the website was down I could place the order by email. Very helpfully bunch of people. I am really impressed with Sunny and the team down at Heir.

If anybody is not sure if they should order from such a new company the communication is more effertless than any company I have ever dealt with.

AAA + for service so far.

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #3,325 of 7,980
Does anyone know if I choose Buckeye Burl if I can request gray specifically, like in this picture? http://cdn.head-fi.org/3/35/350047ec_77788eca_IMG_9950.jpeg

I've emailed Heir as well but haven't gotten a response yet.

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #3,326 of 7,980
Received my 3 ai's this wed. and they are great so far.  My first pair had some bass distortion in the left iem but heir audio was amazing with replacing them.  Overnighted them to me before even receiving mine while paying for shipping for both.  The SQ and customer service has given heir audio another loyal customer.  I plan to get a pair of 4a's or 8a's once I get around to customs.  Definitely a more fun sounding iem than my gr07's and gr06's and the comfort and fit alone make me like them far more than my tf10's not to mention I personally like the sound signiture of these more than the tf10's.  Cant forget how amazing these look either, I'm not normally one who goes for look over function but these do both very well.

Nov 23, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #3,327 of 7,980
Well, I bit on the sale and just finished placing an order for a new set of 4A's. I went with a nice dark mamba with matching face plates and sent them a nice treble clef picture. I'm hoping the artwork is doable on Heir's end. This is my very first ever CIEM and the most money I've ever spent on gear in one shot. As well as ordering custom artwork I also went for colored canals and upgraded to the magnus cable and chose prepaid freight for my shipping. All together I just blew 800 bones in under 5 minutes. I'm feeling a little woozy and in desperate need of a strong drink after dropping so many bones on one item.

Sorenslim, if you're reading this I want you to know I blame you completely for this temptation and expect you to send me a huge bottle of the strongest European whiskey you can find to my place for immediate consumption. Don't you dare send me any pork or I shall hunt you down and steal your 8A's. Tomorrow I'm going to start looking into booking an audiologist to get my impressions done. In the mean time What else do I have to do to get the ball rolling? I've sent payment and I got confirmation from paypal but nothing from Heir yet. Exactly what is the address I'm supposed to send these ear impressions to and shouldn't I have gotten at least a confirmation email from Heir with an order number so I can include it when shipping my impressions to Heir so they know which order the molds are for? Man I'm woozy right now. A whole 800 bones gone. My God, and I even bought a new Leckerton UHA-6A MKII a few weeks ago. I so need a strong drink right now.

Nov 23, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #3,328 of 7,980
Quote:
Well, I bit on the sale. I so need a strong drink right now.

Good for you!
I feel your pain brother....I bought the 8.A ..AND...4.A this week. I really didn't need to eat this month anyway

As far as Heir not responding yet, remember it's still really early Saturday morning over there. Shoot Sunny an email to request a copy of your order form, then ship that and your impressions to Heir. If you have any questions regarding your build, email Wizard. They are all very helpful

Edit: and oh yeah, I think Sorensiim is to blame here... I think he is expecting a Christmas bonus from Fink and Heir 
tongue.gif

Nov 23, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #3,329 of 7,980
It's nice to see more people ordering customs from Heir, will be nice to see how everyone elses will look/turn out. thegrobe you may have to eat as I read weight loss/gain can effect the shape of your ear canals!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back