The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 12, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #89,011 of 90,085
Nope they "fixed it" and sent it back with one side wired in reverse polarity.

Wait, wut? :open_mouth: So now your staging and imaging is all like

giphy.gif

May 12, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #89,012 of 90,085
Listening to these today....wowz me every time!
thumbnail_IMG_4279.jpg

May 12, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #89,013 of 90,085
After weeks of anticipation, these beauties have finally hit my doorstep. :heart_eyes:

ILP_0493-Edit.jpg
ILP_0454-Edit.jpg
ILP_0468-Edit.jpg
I literally don't think Aroma could've made them any better. I couldn't be happier with how they feel, look, fit or (especially) sound. Now, I just get to sit back and enjoy, knowing I don't have to write a 4000-word essay about 'em. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
These are so beautiful that my wife, who is utterly and completely over hearing about or seeing anything audio related, saw the pic over my shoulder and said "Oooooo!"
I love my Anni but the bass does have that 90’s JL sub in a Honda trunk with the trunk lid vibrating accuracy to it.
If my older brother was on this forum he'd be so personally offended 🤣

May 12, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #89,014 of 90,085
I have yet to hear the Supreme V3 or any Beat Audio stuff, and now I kinda want to. 😢

If I still have my supv3 for socal cj, let's make it happen. Previously I liked the horus octa with it, but this pairing might be my #1 pick now.

May 12, 2024 at 1:49 AM Post #89,016 of 90,085
May 12, 2024 at 2:08 AM Post #89,017 of 90,085
image.jpg
Speaking Of the dynamic bass itch HOT DAMN does the Xe6 Get the job done my God it gets me every time 🔊🥵✨
Now I want a Goku figurine IEM stand!

May 12, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #89,018 of 90,085
Nothing has beaten the sultan in terms of musical engagement
Every single month I consider trying to find a follow-up for my Sultan. Then the next month while recounting my efforts so far I come to the conclusion that it's simply not worth the time, efforts and money trying to do so. Do I really want to find out whether #61 is better on most levels except on the ones that I value highest?

giphy.gif

drftr

May 12, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #89,019 of 90,085
Every single month I consider trying to find a follow-up for my Sultan. Then the next month while recounting my efforts so far I come to the conclusion that it's simply not worth the time, efforts and money trying to do so. Do I really want to find out whether #61 is better on most levels except on the ones that I value highest?

giphy.gif

drftr
Have you actually heard the VE10? Isn't it for you? I got a demo from VE and I have to say I'm quite impressed with it. Really great bass and mids, no harshness/sibilant etc. technicalities are pretty good too... a fantastic IEM for the price. And it's not that sensitive either: volume 27 vs 33 Mentor @ about 75, max 80db, low gain with the N30 (no hiss).

May 12, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #89,020 of 90,085
Have you actually heard the VE10? Isn't it for you? I got a demo from VE and I have to say I'm quite impressed with it. Really great bass and mids, no harshness/sibilant etc. technicalities are pretty good too... a fantastic IEM for the price. And it's not that sensitive either: volume 27 vs 33 Mentor @ about 75, max 80db, low gain with the N30 (no hiss).
Taken from my notes in Amsterdam:

Too much focus on the low end while bass needs better resolution (both due to the stock cable I found out – bad pairing really), needs more sparkle as it sounded too closed in though very pleasant, needs more bite, attack, and openness, overall a lovely balance and I wonder what a Chiron / DX320 would bring.

I'm not really in a part of the world where you can easily try 5 different cables and DAPs on an IEM. And it's not something you easily do at CanJam either as you'd have to take one manufacturer's inventory and hop over to the next. So my best chance is probably the next Watercooler Europe Meetup that is so much fun to attend that not finding a better solution almost comes as a bonus.

drftr

May 12, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #89,021 of 90,085
Taken from my notes in Amsterdam:

Too much focus on the low end while bass needs better resolution (both due to the stock cable I found out – bad pairing really), needs more sparkle as it sounded too closed in though very pleasant, needs more bite, attack, and openness, overall a lovely balance and I wonder what a Chiron / DX320 would bring.

I'm not really in a part of the world where you can easily try 5 different cables and DAPs on an IEM. And it's not something you easily do at CanJam either as you'd have to take one manufacturer's inventory and hop over to the next. So my best chance is probably the next Watercooler Europe Meetup that is so much fun to attend that not finding a better solution almost comes as a bonus.

drftr
Yes, I have to say that your notes correspond exactly to my impression. Still, I think it's pretty good all in all for the price. On the other hand, there are IEMs in the class that I prefer better for the same price. I really like the tuning in general.

May 12, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #89,025 of 90,085
Well the diamond studded version (costs something like $30,000 from memory) is something where any value statements probably fall into a different framework..

If you’re asking about the Noble Sultan - a $3,000 IEM that can often be found on sale or open box around $2,000 or so - it is in my opinion one of the most underappreciated IEMs. It may be my personal favorite, at least it has been for a very long time. I really love the Sultan. They have a warm sound signature while offering great technicalities. The weight on the notes and their textured presentation is very engaging to me. I think they are the best IEMs that Noble ever developed. I think around their launch a known reviewer gave them a hard time, which forever hampered their sales. But to my taste, they are fantastic.

When I demoed them at CanJam NYC 2022 (when I ended up purchasing them) my only concern was I felt a slight treble roll off. At the time, Jim had the Quorum cable (a rarity as those used to get snatched in Asia before ever making it over). That unique cable opened up the upper frequency just enough for perfect tonal balance for me, and that is the combo I use to this date.

2000 bucks is still all right. Of course, I think it’s unlikely that the average audiophile will overpay a premium for diamonds. Personally, sound is important to me. And let them look like bricks, but with good usability. I'm looking at the Simponio P0. By the way, they cost $4,000. For some reason I want to taste the entire Simphonio line. I have and use Simponio's PB10 (one PD+one BA) and RX10 (one DD).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back