The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 16, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #89,371 of 90,403
Hey brah, your bread clip fetish is 100% your business. I have nothing to say about that, and the Watercooler is a judgment-free zone. :thumbsup:

When we first launched the current iteration of the site, some people vehemently complained that we were advertising for dating sites and mail order brides and what not. When it was explained to them how AdSense works, they became very quiet very quickly. 🤣
Wait, there’s ads on Head-Fi?! Hadn’t noticed.. 🤭
I have a sneaking suspicion that the Kinetic Bass port works better with customs, because they can better control its positioning (angle, distance) relative to my concha with customs.
Yes it very much does, I recall listening to the Uni Xe6 out at a shopping centre and could hear conversations around me rather clearly. And the sound leaks out a bit like an open-back headphone. The CIEM fixes both issues, I use it commuting all the time with no problem.
And the hype is growing around here. :wink:

🚶🏽➡️Elysian Pilgrim in da house.

IMG_1059.jpeg
Fantastic! I guess the Noir I pre-ordered will arrive Next Week sometime. 😉

May 16, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #89,372 of 90,403
How tight was the adapter to cable mmcx connection? The one I tried was on the ‘impossible’ level.

Edit: and thank you!!!
As you can see in the picture, there's still a little gap between the adapter and cable. But it clicks in nonetheless and I can rotate the iem on its axis without any issue. Did the same for my EX800ST and I've had no connection problem.

Hope it helps !

May 16, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #89,373 of 90,403
Quick little survey if anybody can answer, thank you 😊.. Which one do y’all prefer and why? IE900 or Singularity ?
Well this question got to pull out both and a/b the two. On a less critical listen, I would say there is very little between the two especially in the treble. The mids on the Singularity may be slightly more forward by just a touch but it is by a hair's breadth. The bass is where perhaps there may be more of a distinction but both are certainly up there in terms of quantity and quality. The bass on the Singularity does sound a little more boomy then the IE900 which sounds more incisive so it may be more of a preference here but, again, the difference is not so much that you will notice it without doing an a/b.

The answer for me is I have no preference and would be very happy owning both and rotating between the two.

May 16, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #89,374 of 90,403
Well this question got to pull out both and a/b the two. On a less critical listen, I would say there is very little between the two especially in the treble. The mids on the Singularity may be slightly more forward by just a touch but it is by a hair's breadth. The bass is where perhaps there may be more of a distinction but both are certainly up there in terms of quantity and quality. The bass on the Singularity does sound a little more boomy then the IE900 which sounds more incisive so it may be more of a preference here but, again, the difference is not so much that you will notice it without doing an a/b.

The answer for me is I have no preference and would be very happy owning both and rotating between the two.
I couldn't find many reviews about the ddhifi bc130a cable. i see you are pairing them with ie900. Please let me know if that cable is suitable for Singularity?? I want to buy a silver cable to reduce the subbass a bit and make the vocals clearer and airy.

May 16, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #89,375 of 90,403
IMG_5168.png
This photo displays a good example of Alternative iems .. the row on the top are mine and the row on the bottom are my buddy’s .. So basically, we have a rule that we can’t own the same Iem so we get an alternative version of each other’s iems In specific criteria, such as our top 3 being a bass set a mids set and treble set .. as you can see, they are lined up with each other other accordingly
What cable is that on the ie900?

May 16, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #89,377 of 90,403
Do you think an aune S9c pro is enough to drive a fir Audio xenon 6?
Yes the xe6 is extremely easy to drive and it sounds awesome on almost everything You will be more than fine

May 16, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #89,379 of 90,403
I remember hearing similar things when the Penon Impact came out, like it's a Baby Trailli and whatnot. Now it's nowhere to be found; Is this one better than the Impact?

Also, why can't Penon spend a penny more and print the IEM names in anything other than that basic text font. (Or not!)
Penon's higher end offerings don't seem too widely circulated, possibly due in part to the reluctance of consumers after the the majority of their prior iems were considerably cheaper. imo their offerings punch above their weight, especially when it comes to overall engagement with the music. sometimes more technical (and expensive) earphones won't be doing it for me and then I'll throw on the modestly priced Quattro and be toe tappin'.

I've been revisiting the Penon Legend and am loving them especially with jazz. Oscar Peterson, Bobby Hutcherson, Paul Desmond, etc. Excellent stage width,depth, great timbre despite the assumptions about all-BA sets. I took a gamble on them after getting rid of my Monarch Mk2 and wasn't disappointed. I feel like all-ba sets haven't been in vogue lately. I'm now sleep deprived at work because I couldn't stop listening last night. Sony WM1AM2/Totem IC/Sound Tiger Pure/ Penon Legend/Baroque tips had me floating. Overkill for how easy to drive they are but a really nice combination.
20240515_203616.jpg

I'll give you the font choice though lol

May 16, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #89,380 of 90,403
May 16, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #89,381 of 90,403
Interesting, what do you like about the Syrnarn with ie900? Pls do share.
Thanks before.
It’s one of very few options for the ie900 and it seemed to tame a little bit of the treble but I have since gone back to the smaller stock cable for convenience… If anyone knows of a very small light ie900 cable please let us know 🙏

May 16, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #89,382 of 90,403
Yes it very much does, I recall listening to the Uni Xe6 out at a shopping centre and could hear conversations around me rather clearly. And the sound leaks out a bit like an open-back headphone. The CIEM fixes both issues, I use it commuting all the time with no problem.

I'm totally a customs guy, so I'd go that route anyway - but in this case, it seems like there's an extra compelling reason to go custom for Kinetic Bass units. :relaxed:

May 16, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #89,383 of 90,403
It’s one of very few options for the ie900 and it seemed to tame a little bit of the treble but I have since gone back to the smaller stock cable for convenience… If anyone knows of a very small light ie900 cable please let us know 🙏
I have a clone PWA 1950s on mine. Beautiful synergy. The OG 1950s will have the same sound/ergo. It's not cheap though, more than the IEM itself, but can probably be found used for ~$900-$1000.

May 16, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #89,384 of 90,403
I have a clone PWA 1950s on mine. Beautiful synergy. The OG 1950s will have the same sound/ergo. It's not cheap though, more than the IEM itself, but can probably be found used for ~$900-$1000.
Yeah, I’m looking for extremely thin and light

Users who are viewing this thread

Back