The UE-11 has been confirmed!
May 29, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #4 of 34
I noticed it as well, but I just shrugged it off as it seemed like just a photoshop and nothing serious.

May 29, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 34
Somehow I doubt the admin of Head-Fi would put a hoax like that up by his name....

So if it is real, he certainly wouldn't put it up without UE's permission, which means they want the hype to get around this forum... without us knowing too much.

UE-11 huh... seems a good conservative name, unlike the Triple.Fi 10 pro (which is a horrible name IMO).

biggrin.gif
Bring it on, UE!!! Let's hear this puppy in action. Makes me sure glad I didn't drop the cash for the UE-10 yet.

May 29, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Somehow I doubt the admin of Head-Fi would put a hoax like that up by his name....

So if it is real, he certainly wouldn't put it up without UE's permission, which means they want the hype to get around this forum... without us knowing too much.

UE-11 huh... seems a good conservative name, unlike the Triple.Fi 10 pro (which is a horrible name IMO).

biggrin.gif
Bring it on, UE!!! Let's hear this puppy in action. Makes me sure glad I didn't drop the cash for the UE-10 yet.

Hoax? If it were indeed fake I'd call it more like a friendly joke/tease.

May 29, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #9 of 34
I'll have to say more at another point, as it's 0341 here, and I have to wake up in a few hours.

The UE-11 is real. I've had it for a little while. I was asked by Ultimate Ears to be a beta tester--if you've heard the UE-10 Pro, you shouldn't be surprised when I say I didn't need to be asked twice. As a UE-10 Pro owner, Ultimate Ears already had a current set of my ear impressions.

How close is my set to what will be production? I actually don't know for sure, but I do think the UE-11 I have is, if I understand correctly, pretty much what the final product is expected to be. What I'll say right now is that the UE-11 I have is a true three-way custom in-ear. It also has a thinner, much more supple cable than either my UE-10 Pro or Triple.Fi 10 Pro.

Again, I'll say more later. My avatar actually wasn't the first confirmation of an actual UE-11, this article was.

May 29, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #10 of 34
Wow... $100 more for three-way. This would be the ultimate three-way vs two-way test if both only differ in the crossover.

May 29, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Getting the word out is still vitally important. Allison estimates that 8,500 artists in the music industry and another 3,000 audiophiles currently use the top-of-the-line customs, but there are plenty of big-time acts to woo.

That article was a pretty good read; according to it headphone audiophiles are a significant percentage of the UE-10 market.

May 29, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... $100 more for three-way. This would be the ultimate three-way vs two-way test if both only differ in the crossover.

At least one of the three drivers (per side) is also different than my UE-10 Pro.

May 29, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #13 of 34
I hope they'll really sell them for $1000, but wouldn't that have a substantial negative impact on the UE10Pro sales? Who would want yesterday's technology if you can get the newest one for an extra 100 bucks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least one of the three drivers (per side) is also different than my UE-10 Pro.

Which would make it pretty difficult to compare the two-way/three-way design fairly... Oh well.

May 29, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #14 of 34
Wow, color me wrong. UE-11 it is
eek.gif

Why does the article say "Published June 2007"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back