The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Mar 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #1,816 of 4,701
If you're handy you should give it a go

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #1,817 of 4,701
Not sure how flexible the cat5 cable would be

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #1,818 of 4,701
Not sure how flexible the cat5 cable would be

Well Im thinking if I do the removable cable mod, I can run CAT5 cable to the 3.5mm socket, the rest will just be a normal 3.5mm extension lead. That way the gauge of the wire wont be an issue for mobility. BUT! Will it really make a difference or will I be wasting my time?

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #1,819 of 4,701

Well Im thinking if I do the removable cable mod, I can run CAT5 cable to the 3.5mm socket, the rest will just be a normal 3.5mm extension lead. That way the gauge of the wire wont be an issue for mobility. BUT! Will it really make a difference or will I be wasting my time?

In this hobby you never know what difference any mod makes. Its all trial and error. Even buying a can, you're never sure if its right even after reading all the reviews. You need to listen to a can, and have it with you for a period of time. There are cans I've bought which I absolutely hated, but over time, they became one of my favourites. Then there are others which sound good at the start but over time you grow not to like them as much anymore. It's a weird hobby

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #1,820 of 4,701
Just wanted to give an update on these amazing cans!

I've been using them non-stop since I've bought them. I've probably done around 25 hours with them so far. They seem to be getting better everyday. The bass is getting looser and much more noticeable. The sound stage is spectacular and watching a movie in these is a great experience (watched the Matrix yesterday and I have never enjoyed that movie as much as I did yesterday). Absolutely in love with these cans! I've never enjoyed listening to Led Zepplin as much as I've with these on!

Though, keep in mind that I've absolutely nothing to compare these to except IEMs which is not even a close match up.

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #1,821 of 4,701
  In this hobby you never know what difference any mod makes. Its all trial and error. Even buying a can, you're never sure if its right even after reading all the reviews. You need to listen to a can, and have it with you for a period of time. There are cans I've bought which I absolutely hated, but over time, they became one of my favourites. Then there are others which sound good at the start but over time you grow not to like them as much anymore. It's a weird hobby

Thanks for that! I'll just stick to the stock cables.

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #1,822 of 4,701
Plus I don't think cables makes any difference to the sound. Its what the recabling allows, which is to be able to plug the cans into speaker amps, of which there are plenty and you can try which one gives the cans the best synergy. Believe it or not the amp makes a big difference to the sound

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #1,823 of 4,701
Been told that the HM5 pads should be back for sale this week

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #1,825 of 4,701
If you are in luck, maybe local jaycar has digitech pro monitor headphones on sale? Comes with two pair of hm5 pads.  On the website those are priced 99aud. Those guys are ripping off you locals. I can get those delivered to finland allmost half that price
eek.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #1,826 of 4,701
  If you are in luck, maybe local jaycar has digitech pro monitor headphones on sale? Comes with two pair of hm5 pads.  On the website those are priced 99aud. Those guys are ripping off you locals. I can get those delivered to finland allmost half that price
eek.gif

We're in Oz, we get ripped off for everything

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #1,827 of 4,701
That's crazy, I'm not going to spend $99 on cans just for the pads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back