The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Nov 26, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #5,836 of 5,928
I literally just got a pair off ebay, £675 free postage and within the UK. Brand new factory sealed and full warranty.

After looking at foreign shops selling them at that price in equivalent Euros I have another quick look at ebay and there they are, couldn't resist. Everywhere else in the UK selling them at £1100, seriously how do the Spanish get them at £625 with a 21% VAT rate then I put them in the shopping cart and they jump to £998!

So excited, fingers crossed I got a bargain. With the new version coming out, will these drop to 700 quid maybe?

Dec 6, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #5,838 of 5,928
  I literally just got a pair off ebay, £675 free postage and within the UK. Brand new factory sealed and full warranty.

After looking at foreign shops selling them at that price in equivalent Euros I have another quick look at ebay and there they are, couldn't resist. Everywhere else in the UK selling them at £1100, seriously how do the Spanish get them at £625 with a 21% VAT rate then I put them in the shopping cart and they jump to £998!

So excited, fingers crossed I got a bargain. With the new version coming out, will these drop to 700 quid maybe?

You got a tremendous deal on those!!

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #5,839 of 5,928
  You got a tremendous deal on those!!

Hope so, they are on their way now. 
beyersmile.png

Someone posted a link in this thread or another and there are quite a few at that price on ebay from decent sellers, not sure if it's because the new model is coming out but it put my mind at ease.

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #5,840 of 5,928

I this the one that ships on the 17th December? Pretty tempted by it too.. wonder why they have got them for so cheap though ...

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #5,841 of 5,928
  I this the one that ships on the 17th December? Pretty tempted by it too.. wonder why they have got them for so cheap though ...

They just got some more in.

Mine arrived Monday, I've been giving them a listen and sad to say I'm not impressed, if I had paid over a grand for them I would be pretty upset at the moment, but after doing the balance transfer switcharoo I only have to pay 70 quid a month interest free. 

They are good with classical and rock/heavy metal of all things. They do have an air of technical precision about them, but my AKG 712's make music enjoyable and these do not. 

I would try them first if you can, I'm still hoping after a while they will get better and my ears will adjust, after everything that has been written about these I was expecting more from a flagship model.  

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #5,843 of 5,928
  Thanks for replying back mate. 
My HD600s are falling apart now, got them in 2004! 
So gone ahead and purchased it. 
How did they deliver it to you? Was it from a reputable delivery company?

DPD, GPS tracking as well, you can see where the delivery driver is and how many deliveries he has until he gets to you, great fun.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SENNHEISER-HD800-HD-800-HEADPHONES-NEW-BOXED-FACTORY-SEALED-OFFICIAL-WARRANTY-/121803651427?hash=item1c5c103963:g:NKsAAOSw~bFWNgLW

The place I bought them from only used a thin plastic cover so the box had a few small dents on the edges, even the main storage box has a bit of a tear, no harm to the phones inside it's a lovely box. You would think a bit of bubble wrap for such an expensive item wouldn't be amiss. 

If you don't like them and have no qualms about sending them back, you get 14 days to. The pads attract a lot of particles, might be best to at least wrap something around the headband so if they're not for you they can't say they were used.

I remember rocking out with my 600's, as soon as I put some metal on I thought yep, these are Senns. I would still have mine too but the cables broke so often I got fed up paying 25 quid a time for a new one. The cable on the 800's is great.

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #5,844 of 5,928
Thanks bud. 

They said they are just waiting for stock directly from Senn and they'll be shipped next week. 
Do you remember roughly how long it took for them to ship after you purchased it?

Now the next thing is, wondering whether my firestone headphone amp is up to the task.. 
What are people generally using to power the HD800?

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #5,845 of 5,928
  Thanks bud. 

They said they are just waiting for stock directly from Senn and they'll be shipped next week. 
Do you remember roughly how long it took for them to ship after you purchased it?

Now the next thing is, wondering whether my firestone headphone amp is up to the task.. 
What are people generally using to power the HD800?

I ordered them on the 26 November, expected delivery was Wed 2nd December arrived Mon 7th.

Longer than expected but not the 15th December that was also mentioned on their listing when I ordered.

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #5,846 of 5,928
I'm new owner of HD800, I also upgraded to CH800 S balanced cable and it's audiophile heaven :) Separation is amazing, space and transparency are spectacular. Wow effect from my K701 and Hifiman HE-300.

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #5,847 of 5,928
:frowning2: still hasn't arrived.. I find eBay so nerve wracking! 
High feedback seller though, apparently should be arriving Monday!

So anxious. I got a Schiit Valhalla 2 in anticipation - from electromod. 
Mark from there is the best example of customer service I've ever had.
Class guy!

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #5,848 of 5,928
  :frowning2: still hasn't arrived.. I find eBay so nerve wracking! 
High feedback seller though, apparently should be arriving Monday!

So anxious. I got a Schiit Valhalla 2 in anticipation - from electromod. 
Mark from there is the best example of customer service I've ever had.
Class guy!

I know that feeling.

I was the same, mine turned up and I checked the serial number on the Sennheiser website and they're genuine.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back