The Review & Comparison Thread
Jun 6, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #46 of 129
There is an update coming soon.
A huge junk of new gear, earpads and more will be added in the following weeks

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #47 of 129
Quote:
Good read, lots of work, similar conclusions. You'd also be surprised at the quality of source and amp has on the 6 performance. They may not be for everybody but the 6 is a chameleon to upstream gear and connects in that it takes on the sound signature of the gear more than interjects it's own. Though no longer available, the 5le is a closer second than the 500 in overall performance. The 500 might just be the sweet spot of the HE lineup for typical gear though. Go into Hi Fi territory and the 6 just pulls away.

Look forward to future efforts.
beerchug.gif

This is a very accurate statement..  

Also Luke.  Keep the updates coming..  
L3000.gif

Jun 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #48 of 129
Quote:
Good read, lots of work, similar conclusions. You'd also be surprised at the quality of source and amp has on the 6 performance. They may not be for everybody but the 6 is a chameleon to upstream gear and connects in that it takes on the sound signature of the gear more than interjects it's own. Though no longer available, the 5le is a closer second than the 500 in overall performance. The 500 might just be the sweet spot of the HE lineup for typical gear though. Go into Hi Fi territory and the 6 just pulls away.

Look forward to future efforts.
beerchug.gif

The HE-5LE is awesome...it's what really piqued my interest to try the HE-6. The HE-4 is also very good; very similar to the HE-5LE. I actually don't like the HE-500 or HE-400.

I've got an HE-6 on loan coming next week! I'm so stoked; it's the headphone I've wanted to hear the most for the past year or so. I will compare it to my friend's HE-5LE, and try to determine if the extra dough is worth it in my situation. But I do believe I am going to grab either the HE-5LE or HE-6.

Jun 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #49 of 129
Quote:
The HE-5LE is awesome...it's what really piqued my interest to try the HE-6. The HE-4 is also very good; very similar to the HE-5LE. I actually don't like the HE-500 or HE-400.

I've got an HE-6 on loan coming next week! I'm so stoked; it's the headphone I've wanted to hear the most for the past year or so. I will compare it to my friend's HE-5LE, and try to determine if the extra dough is worth it in my situation. But I do believe I am going to grab either the HE-5LE or HE-6.

Just remember.  If it's the Emo a-100 that the HE-6 will be played on.  It will sound really close to the HE-5LE.  You may not think it's worth the upgrade.  However, the HE-6 will scale and get better and better,  The HE-5LE may be at it's best on the Emo a-100.  The HE-6 will leave it in the dust on better / higher quality amps.

Just keep that in mind.

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #50 of 129
Quote:

Just remember.  If it's the Emo a-100 that the HE-6 will be played on.  It will sound really close to the HE-5LE.  You may not think it's worth the upgrade.  However, the HE-6 will scale and get better and better,  The HE-5LE may be at it's best on the Emo a-100.  The HE-6 will leave it in the dust on better / higher quality amps.

Just keep that in mind.

Good point. As I really can't afford to grab the HE-6 and a better amp than the Emotiva, it sounds like I may just go with the HE-5LE in this case. Which I'd be happy with; I really like the HE-5LE on the Emotiva!

We'll see next week.

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #51 of 129
You can get the 6 used and plan an upgrade of an amp down the road. I went that route and got the 6, then the DAC and will finish off with the amp of choice when funds allow. I've heard better than what I use but it's enough to be content until I can get what I want. Of course by then, there'll be a better one or I'll fall in love with a stat rig and the step process will begin all over again. :xf_eek:

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #52 of 129
Quote:
You can get the 6 used and plan an upgrade of an amp down the road. I went that route and got the 6, then the DAC and will finish off with the amp of choice when funds allow. I've heard better than what I use but it's enough to be content until I can get what I want. Of course by then, there'll be a better one or I'll fall in love with a stat rig and the step process will begin all over again.
redface.gif

That would be my plan. Although an amp upgrade would be...way down the road.

The other thing is, if I get the HE-6 now, I will have to sell my other headphones. So it will have to be a significant step above the HE-5LE one the Emotiva, since I really prefer having more than one headphone around. HE-5LE and a Denon D5000 sounds like fun :wink: Love the Denon sound.

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #53 of 129
Jun 16, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #54 of 129
Hi guys,
Just an OP update.
The review extension is coming on July 7th, the latest. That is the day I hope the extended review will be up and running.
Actually it might be on anywhere between 4 - 7th, but I will see how it goes.
The update will be big.
There will be the RE-400 (mini) review, new pads impressions (found my favorites by the way), new gear (on loan, but high end stuff), possibly an expansion/update of certain existing section(s), or an overhaul, new photos and more!
All in all, I will yet again sacrifice some of my time a write a comprehensive addition to this already long review.
I am really sorry for the delay but there were important things to do (among them, my successful graduation from high school and college enrollments).
Now that that is behind me, I can get back to business.
Also, do keep the questions coming! I will be more than happy to give my insight on things you need help with.
Lastly, I would of course want to thank anyone who has read this (and hopefully, with enjoyment) and anyone else here at head-fi for their insight and support.
Cheers guys
beerchug.gif
 and thanks for your help and this amazing website as a whole :)

Happy listening!
Luke

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #55 of 129
Quote:
Hi guys,
Just an OP update.
The review extension is coming on July 7th, the latest. That is the day I hope the extended review will be up and running.
Actually it might be on anywhere between 4 - 7th, but I will see how it goes.
The update will be big.
There will be the RE-400 (mini) review, new pads impressions (found my favorites by the way), new gear (on loan, but high end stuff), possibly an expansion/update of certain existing section(s), or an overhaul, new photos and more!
All in all, I will yet again sacrifice some of my time a write a comprehensive addition to this already long review.
I am really sorry for the delay but there were important things to do (among them, my successful graduation from high school and college enrollments).
Now that that is behind me, I can get back to business.
Also, do keep the questions coming! I will be more than happy to give my insight on things you need help with.
Lastly, I would of course want to thank anyone who has read this (and hopefully, with enjoyment) and anyone else here at head-fi for their insight and support.
Cheers guys
beerchug.gif
 and thanks for your help and this amazing website as a whole :)

Happy listening!
Luke

UPDATED --- Enjoy 
beerchug.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #56 of 129
My goodness Luke.  This is more than a review.  This is on the verge of being EPIC..  Great work man.  I know it took a lot of your time.  Thanks for giving back to the community..  

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #57 of 129
Quote:
My goodness Luke.  This is more than a review.  This is on the verge of being EPIC..  Great work man.  I know it took a lot of your time.  Thanks for giving back to the community..  

You are very welcome Darryl
Also, it would be awesome if this made it to the front page 
wink.gif
 I can hope 
beerchug.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #59 of 129
Quote:
So what's the TL;DR? :wink:

Depends on what does it stand for :] Never heard this term before, just read it while not knowing what it actually meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back