The Review & Comparison Thread
Feb 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #32 of 129
Quote:

Sound Q is the same IMO.  Go for what looks best to you..

I will probably go with HeadphoneLounge  :D

They are made by Chris_Himself I believe.
They are very much like toxic, A bit more USD friendly :)

Going with copper this time around

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #34 of 129
Quote:

I will probably go with HeadphoneLounge  :D

They are made by Chris_Himself I believe.
They are very much like toxic, A bit more USD friendly :)

Going with copper this time around

Quote:

Chris doesn't actually make the cables.  Ted does, but there good either way.

True and true. They've been made by Ted for almost two years now, so any and all accolades belong to him. I don't know why people keep calling them Chris_Himself cables!

Mar 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #35 of 129
Review updated with its own comfort section and different pads impressions within it. Copper vs Silver cable impressions coming next, within  a few weeks probably.

Also, The 1K views milestone has been surpassed and therefore I would like to thank anyone who took their time and read my review. I appreciate it deeply!

Mar 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #36 of 129
Quote:

True and true. They've been made by Ted for almost two years now, so any and all accolades belong to him. I don't know why people keep calling them Chris_Himself cables!

It's Teds Headfood for sure. I got a cable from him the other day and I'm getting ready to order another one for my HE500s. Great stuff. He sent me this photo during construction of my Cable to make sure I liked the Skull. I did... 
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #37 of 129
Just brilliant.  I am likely one of the older members here.
Luke, you have to be one of the smartest 19 year old's on the planet!

I am pretty astounded by your overall grasp of the subject and the English language.
I have sent you a PM for some advice since we share the same large ear size.
Best Regards and well done!!!!

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #38 of 129
Quote:
Just brilliant.  I am likely one of the older members here.
Luke, you have to be one of the smartest 19 year old's on the planet!

I am pretty astounded by your overall grasp of the subject and the English language.
I have sent you a PM for some advice since we share the same large ear size.
Best Regards and well done!!!!

Thank you, I am really glad you liked it although it was sewn with a hot needle :D I am dealing with your PM right now :) Give me a little time please

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #39 of 129
I am very surprised to see the HE-6 mids described as recessed?  I have the HE-500's and owned the HE5LE's.  The HE-500 have the best midrange of any headphone I've ever heard,  and I have heard a lot of them.  I hate to question whether you are powering them appropriately or possible don't understand the difference between midrange and mid bass?  Very confused but if it is true I consider it good as I no longer wish to upgrade to the HE-6's.

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #40 of 129
Quote:
I am very surprised to see the HE-6 mids described as recessed?  I have the HE-500's and owned the HE5LE's.  The HE-500 have the best midrange of any headphone I've ever heard,  and I have heard a lot of them.  I hate to question whether you are powering them appropriately or possible don't understand the difference between midrange and mid bass?  Very confused but if it is true I consider it good as I no longer wish to upgrade to the HE-6's.

ONLY with the Denon stock pads...
Did your read the whole review? with the stock velours the midrange is one of the BEST I ve heard

EDIT - OK MY BAD THERE IS A PART MISSING IN THE REVIEW, WHERE I COMPARED MIDRANGE AND LOW END.... NO IDEA WHY ITS GONE BUT I WILL ADD IT ASAP(today)

I somehow missed that... thanks for remainding me

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #41 of 129
Quote:

Your correct on this IMO.  I tend to think the only thing the HE-500s maybe - and that's a big maybe have over the HE-6 is the midrange.  The 500s are colored where the 6s are more accurate.  I prefer the 6s but fail in love with the mids on the 500s.

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #42 of 129
Low end, Midrange and Vocals has been added to the 4) Sound category. It was initially there but somehow got lost during editing and I didnt notice. Apologies!
Tried to make it better than before though :)

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #43 of 129
wow, I am really impressed by the review. Thank you very much. If you are interested, I can support you with some of my stuff (CZ, Prague). Unfortunately, I am in the work[size=11.0pt]&[/size]family age with almost no time for writing more about this hobby.

Jun 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #45 of 129
Good read, lots of work, similar conclusions. You'd also be surprised at the quality of source and amp has on the 6 performance. They may not be for everybody but the 6 is a chameleon to upstream gear and connects in that it takes on the sound signature of the gear more than interjects it's own. Though no longer available, the 5le is a closer second than the 500 in overall performance. The 500 might just be the sweet spot of the HE lineup for typical gear though. Go into Hi Fi territory and the 6 just pulls away.

Look forward to future efforts. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back