The PA2V2 Thread
Dec 29, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #121 of 752
Have any of you guys used this amp with the Denon AHD-2000? I just bought the Denon's and I've been looking for a good amp to go with them. I have an E5 right now but most people say it won't be enough.

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #122 of 752

Quote:
Have any of you guys used this amp with the Denon AHD-2000? I just bought the Denon's and I've been looking for a good amp to go with them. I have an E5 right now but most people say it won't be enough.

I have the same question. It seems most D2000 owners opt for a more expensive amp, but, considering my preference for something more portable and less expensive, I am trying to decide whether to get a PA2v2, CMoy or maybe a Fiio E5 or E7. 

From what I've heard, I the CMoy's are better for drivers with higher impedance and the PA2v2 is better for low impedance headphones like the Denon D2000s. Is this correct and is PA2v2 the best choice for a portable amp? I really need an amp because, while the headphones sound great unamped from my soundcard, it sounds like crap from my Android phone.

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #123 of 752

Quote:
Quote:

I have the same question. It seems most D2000 owners opt for a more expensive amp, but, considering my preference for something more portable and less expensive, I am trying to decide whether to get a PA2v2, CMoy or maybe a Fiio E5 or E7. 

From what I've heard, I the CMoy's are better for drivers with higher impedance and the PA2v2 is better for low impedance headphones like the Denon D2000s. Is this correct and is PA2v2 the best choice for a portable amp? I really need an amp because, while the headphones sound great unamped from my soundcard, it sounds like crap from my Android phone.

I never quite understood what the slogan "I'm sorry about your wallet" meant, until one month after I got a DAC, amp and cans, I began drooling about a newer set of headphones
smily_headphones1.gif
and the D2000 do seem sweet
dt880smile.png
I'd love to hear some thoughts about its sound unamped and running from a PA2V2.

I'm not so sure about CMoy's, but PA2V2 does work great, better with lower impedance and high sensitivity headphones. As a portable amp, I like it a lot as the batteries run for a really long time, lasting much longer than my DAP. Some people complain about its size, but it doesn't bother me at all. Take a look at the new picture of it, uploaded on its page here on head-fi: http://www.head-fi.org/products/electric-avenues-pa2v2

Jan 2, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #124 of 752
I just ordered my PA2v2. How long did it take you guys to get yours? I know shipping is estimated 5 - 10 days, but I was just hoping it would arrive a little sooner since I'll be out of town next week.

Jan 2, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #125 of 752
I just placed my order about twenty minutes ago. I'm going to be using my Sansa Clip+ (Rockboxed) and my Ultrasone Pro 900s. I will tell you guy what I think once I get it. :)

Oh, I must not forget. Gary is a really nice guy and his customer service skills are genuine and impressive. I really value customer service and Gary is awesome.

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #127 of 752
I think it just depends on where you are. he ships with canadian air mail and they say 4 days. I think he adds the extra days to account for either sending it the next day if its too late, or it getting caught up in customs. 

on a side note, what kid of things are suggested to add to the pa2v2? This is my first venture into amping and im not reallly sure what im doing other than plug everything in. Should i upgrade the wires going to it or not? I really have no idea with this stuff

edit: i ordered mine 12/29, but havent recieved yet. that was expected though. also, i got pa2v2 number 8000!!! :) i like round numbers

Jan 2, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #128 of 752
Mine took 10 days, which was perfectly acceptable for me. And customer service was the best I've had ever.

Besides the D2000, I'd love to hear feedback about the PRO 900's paired with PA2V2.

I did get an aftermarket cable, only using it at home since it's not a short cable, and while using it outdoors, the cable supplied works perfectly. I didn't notice any significant changes in the sound, perhaps a very slight opening of the soundstage, but certainly not enough to justify carrying a 1m cable around.

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #129 of 752

Quote:
I think it just depends on where you are. he ships with canadian air mail and they say 4 days. I think he adds the extra days to account for either sending it the next day if its too late, or it getting caught up in customs. 

on a side note, what kid of things are suggested to add to the pa2v2? This is my first venture into amping and im not reallly sure what im doing other than plug everything in. Should i upgrade the wires going to it or not? I really have no idea with this stuff

edit: i ordered mine 12/29, but havent recieved yet. that was expected though. also, i got pa2v2 number 8000!!! :) i like round numbers

If you are not using an lod cable yet, I would recommend trying one.  There is plenty of info on this topic in the cables... forum, but in my own experience you don't need to break the bank, most lod cables will deliver a noticeable difference over the headphone jack.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #130 of 752
im actually just going to have music come from my laptop though, so i have no need for an lod. i basically just need/can use the mini to mini

edit: would it be better quality coming from an ipod with an lod vs a laptop with a mini to mini?

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #131 of 752
Well, I am awaiting my PA2V2 in the mail and am pairing it up with my Pro 900s. I will tell you what I think for sure. :)

Quote:
Mine took 10 days, which was perfectly acceptable for me. And customer service was the best I've had ever.

Besides the D2000, I'd love to hear feedback about the PRO 900's paired with PA2V2.

I did get an aftermarket cable, only using it at home since it's not a short cable, and while using it outdoors, the cable supplied works perfectly. I didn't notice any significant changes in the sound, perhaps a very slight opening of the soundstage, but certainly not enough to justify carrying a 1m cable around.

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #132 of 752
I just ordered my PA2V2 on Monday. It will be my first headphone amp. Waiting for it to arrive is gonna kill me.<\p>

I have Audio Technica ATH-M50s arriving by end of this week hopefully. Also got a LOD cable from Ram Electronics... Great deal for a custom made in USA cable: $20 on sale! I'm really excited for all this new gear :D

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #133 of 752

Quote:
I just ordered my PA2V2 on Monday. It will be my first headphone amp. Waiting for it to arrive is gonna kill me.<\p>
I have Audio Technica ATH-M50s arriving by end of this week hopefully. Also got a LOD cable from Ram Electronics... Great deal for a custom made in USA cable: $20 on sale! I'm really excited for all this new gear
biggrin.gif

nice setup!

Jan 7, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #134 of 752
mine arrived this morning. For this price, I'm happy to try a model. And yes, Gary is a fantastic guy who keeps up his very nice customer service.

Mine took 17 days to arrive to the Netherlands, but maybe that could be faster if it wasn't shipped in december.

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #135 of 752
Just wondering. Does usps deliver canadian air in the united states? I would assume so since other international mail ive gotten was, but I just wanted to make sure. If so I think I might be getting mine tomorrow!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back