The PA2V2 Thread
Dec 26, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #466 of 752

Quote:
Why are you going to opt out of the PA2V2? I know that the E17 will be the superior product will be the most dominant of the two with its features and the glamorous design, but the PA2V2 is a great little portable amplifier in it's own right. If you want the E17, then go ahead and get it if you need that extra power and features.

Yeah i do need them. My DAC's need an upgrade. Plus i need the more bass emphasis FiiO has on their products :)

"Originally Posted by ClieOS 

DAC chip is the same as E10. WM8740 for decoding and TE7022 for 24/96 support over USB. While another Wolfson chip will handle the Coax / Optical-in and adds support for 24/192. The amp section is a new design featuring AD8692 and AD8397 in a pre- + power-amp setup. Volume is controlled by another chip which also handle the EQ and such."

i mean ...check out the specs...all this for $150 ...wow

Dec 26, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #467 of 752

Quote:
Awesome, burn it in overnight, and enjoy it the next day. I have to ask though, what headphones or earphones are you going to be using the amp with? Closed back or open back if headphones?

I am using my Sennheiser HD280s (Closed) and I also just got some Sound Magic E30s. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #468 of 752
I join the thread. It is a remarkable amp. I was prompted to buy because the treble remained free of sibilance with this amp. Or something of this kind.
So I tested it with my most feared recordings of the tchaikovsky symphonies from maestro
Rozhdestvensky and the LSO. 
The brass is really awsome but unendurable in my setups without suppressing the quality of the treble to much. With the PA2V2 musicallity comes in and I can hear a deep layered rasping brass, still on the edge but clear and exciting. Wow. Amazing. 
With my senns 598 easy. But also with the razor sharp en detailled dt 660.
Even the Fostex tp 50 Mod gets more energy from this little amp while remaining bassy and dark.
Just makes you keep listening.

O yes and Gary is a great guy. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #469 of 752
Does anybody experience clipping sounds with their pa2v2? I use it connected with my J3 and have experienced clipping noises with it from Day 1 and it is a huge turn-off from using it at all. Was wondering if anybody else has experienced it as well. 

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #470 of 752

Quote:
Does anybody experience clipping sounds with their pa2v2? I use it connected with my J3 and have experienced clipping noises with it from Day 1 and it is a huge turn-off from using it at all. Was wondering if anybody else has experienced it as well. 

Have you contacted Gary?  I'm sure he'll help you out.

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #472 of 752
Try e-mailing him again? he get's a lot of mail so probably just over looked it

Jan 28, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #473 of 752

Quote:

Yes, it is only available through there. And yes, IMHO, it is the best sub $100 amplifier that's on right now. Amazing musicality.

uhhh I realize that you went later on to not buy this but to clear up anyone reading this thread, the first bit of this information is false. You can place an order directly from gary, avoid bidding and have an amp built for you shortly thereafter! For 60$

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #475 of 752
Nope. Depends on your source but I have seen a lot of people whom prefer the PA2v2. Never used a cmoy so not the best source to take this from

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #476 of 752

Quote:
 One question please, I have read ( or misread) somewhere that the PA2v2 is pretty much the same as the Cmoy. Is it?

No quite close at all. Technically, PA2V2 is much simpler in structure, especially compared to the much better designed variation of cmoy, like cmoyBB. PA2V2 is a slightly more complex version of boostaroo, which is  based on the same family of National Semicondutor chips called Boomer, I believe.

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #478 of 752
Gary is great at customer service, friendly, willing to answer any e-mail. For 60.00 dollars, how can you complain? I have a PA2V2, I like it, it isn't the end all of be all, still a nice amp for yard work, excersising, bike riding, or just a quick ride in the car with the family. You can't hear a thing, pure bliss....no kids, no wife, no car noise. Great introduction into the world of better sound, you will be hooked. Upgrades will be an instant "Gotta Have"......

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #480 of 752
exactly, when I was using my PA2v2 I could't say for certain it was adding anything, but as soon as I removed it from my Laptop and headphones the upgrade the PA2v2 made was immediately recognized. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back