The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From IFA 2016)
Jan 10, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #4,052 of 5,766
Probably best to go to their support page and use the community forum link.
https://audirvana.com/support/

That’s the one I’ve tried plus the one from the main page. I enter name and email and the next page pops up telling me to click if the installation don’t start automatically which it does not and clicking also does nothing. Oh well I’m happy with foobar so don’t need this, but it is a bad first experience for potential new users that the installation don’t even work

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #4,053 of 5,766
That’s the one I’ve tried plus the one from the main page. I enter name and email and the next page pops up telling me to click if the installation don’t start automatically which it does not and clicking also does nothing. Oh well I’m happy with foobar so don’t need this, but it is a bad first experience for potential new users that the installation don’t even work
You aren’t the first to have installation issues with win10. Here’s a link about that; see the reply from Damian (the developer).
https://community.audirvana.com/t/i-want-to-try-but-not-working-on-windows-10/21127

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #4,054 of 5,766
Jan 10, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #4,055 of 5,766
Thanks. I may give that a try one day, but it certainly does not inspire confidence in the product
Oh, I totally agree! I had some minor issues connecting to my library after installation (probably my own ignorance) but we aren’t all programmers so it really needs to be more “transparent” for users who aren’t computer geeks! Very satisfied now that I’ve been using it. I also love the Audirvana remote; I can control everything from the comfort of my listening couch.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #4,056 of 5,766
Oh, I totally agree! I had some minor issues connecting to my library after installation (probably my own ignorance) but we aren’t all programmers so it really needs to be more “transparent” for users who aren’t computer geeks! Very satisfied now that I’ve been using it. I also love the Audirvana remote; I can control everything from the comfort of my listening couch.

Yes the app remote concept is great, I love it on my Auralic Aries Mini that is the source for my home rig with a 2TB ssd with all my music plus build in Tidal client all controlled from my iPhone and iPad.

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #4,057 of 5,766
Foobar has a very dated old school interface but is great to be able to install components to enable SACD/DSD playback and converting etc. Sometimes I've been tempted to get something with a more attractive UI to visually match the high quality sound but the fact Foobar does everything without fault for free wins and I've used it for years.
Audirvana claims to improve the sound? I don't know if that is through onboard sound card or also applies to external dac?

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #4,058 of 5,766
Foobar has a very dated old school interface but is great to be able to install components to enable SACD/DSD playback and converting etc. Sometimes I've been tempted to get something with a more attractive UI to visually match the high quality sound but the fact Foobar does everything without fault for free wins and I've used it for years.
Audirvana claims to improve the sound? I don't know if that is through onboard sound card or also applies to external dac?

Indeed but all I really need gui wise is browsing by folder structure, displaying album art and meta data and playing an album end to end locally on the computer

Jan 16, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #4,060 of 5,766
There is 1.00 and 1.01 I think? 1.02 has been difficult to find.
Just get my TA and while I am playing with it I noticed I am on 1.0.3 firmware, is there any old version that still available? I'd like to try them out, but there are only 1.0.3 on sony website. Thanks:)

Jan 16, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #4,062 of 5,766
Jan 16, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #4,064 of 5,766
That 1.0.0 is not firmware it's the PC driver.

oh?
Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 7.34.36 PM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back