The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #6,046 of 11,341
My god how furious i would be if the Z1R sounded just like my Z7, I would stick my head straight through the wall in disappointment. Not because i don't like the Z7, But paying that much more for the same can with a more premium design would infuriate me beyond belief. lol 

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #6,047 of 11,341
  My god how furious i would be if the Z1R sounded just like my Z7, I would stick my head straight through the wall in disappointment. Not because i don't like the Z7, But paying that much more for the same can with a more premium design would infuriate me beyond belief. lol 

What if you get blown away by the Utopia at CanJam?   You'll leave the Z1R bride at the altar and never look back. 
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #6,049 of 11,341

There is no way that z1r sounds almost the same as Z7, at least, not in my experiences. Even modified Z7 can not sound as good. They do share similar traits and characteristics, and if anyone who love Z7 or modified Z7 will also love z1r and the same for people who love z1r, they may as well love modified Z7.

I have always said this, z1r is the mother of Z7, while stock Z7 is the child and the modified Z7 is a grown-up child....:wink:

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #6,051 of 11,341
  I used to like my stock HD800 but after A/B with my Z1R it suddenly sounds like ****! Its really not its fault since it supposed to be a "reference" type of sounds but I can't deny I love the Z1R more and I know I'll hardly use it. Now I'm contemplating on what to replace it with...

The ONKYO A800 might be worth considering. I have it and it is rather impressive for the money. I like that it does sound like an open headphone, but there is enough bass to be fun so I guess it does move away from the neutral presentation idea, but anyway, I loved the HD800S and was still able to really like the A800 as well.

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #6,052 of 11,341
Guys,if you were to choose between the Sony Z1R and Ether C Flow,which one,and i am asking this assuming that you heard both.

Two experienced members here in this thread have both said they prefer the Z1R. One of the members geolocks sold his Ether C Flow after getting the Z1R and Macedonianhero after having spent quality time with both couldn't stop himself from getting a Z1R. Neither felt that the C Flow wasn't awesome, from all reports it is, but the Z1R has a very good tuning and overall tonality that seems to be very hard not to appreciate.

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #6,053 of 11,341
Guys,if you were to choose between the Sony Z1R and Ether C Flow,which one,and i am asking this assuming that you heard both.

Two experienced members here in this thread have both said they prefer the Z1R. One of the members geolocks sold his Ether C Flow after getting the Z1R and Macedonianhero after having spent quality time with both couldn't stop himself from getting a Z1R. Neither felt that the C Flow wasn't awesome, from all reports it is, but the Z1R has a very good tuning and overall tonality that seems to be very hard not to appreciate.

Thank you, I will need to give it a try.Both sound and comfort ( weight ) are important to me.

Feb 1, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #6,054 of 11,341

What if you get blown away by the Utopia at CanJam?   You'll leave the Z1R bride at the altar and never look back. 
wink.gif

If that happens brother i will cancel my Z1R order immediately and wait for those tax Benjamin's. One are i'm certain the Utopia will not touch is the comfort. The Z7 is way more comfortable than the Elear for me. 

Feb 1, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #6,055 of 11,341

I owned both but with about a weeks gap in between so take that as you will. I found the Z1R has better bass in terms of impact and accuracy, a bigger sound stage, more enjoyable mids and the treble was smoother but without missing any of the detail. Hope that helps :)

Feb 1, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #6,056 of 11,341

I am of this opinion too.  It's much better (stock...at least).

To me they are quite close in stock form. Again the Z1r makes me appreciate the Z7 even more.

​feeling happy I have mine, just love my Z7s so much :) and more I didn't had to burn them in
biggrin.gif
 my German friend burned them for me

Feb 1, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #6,057 of 11,341
USD $1,630 with shipping and import fees

If shipping to Canada (for anyone interested) it is an equivalent 180 USD more in customs/duty.
That is, amazon uk advertises £1,482.67 including VAT, but that is £1,235.56 to everyone else.
For Canadians it is £1486 including priority shipping and import tax/duty. That is $2459CAD at the end of the day vs $3000CAD retail(not even available).

Feb 1, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #6,058 of 11,341

If shipping to Canada (for anyone interested) it is an equivalent 180 USD more in customs/duty.
That is, amazon uk advertises £1,482.67 including VAT, but that is £1,235.56 to everyone else.
For Canadians it is £1486 including priority shipping and import tax/duty. That is $2459CAD at the end of the day vs $3000CAD retail(not even available).

Hey Cloud_c, I'm also in Ottawa. If you haven't had a chance to hear the Z1R and would like to, you are welcome to come over anytime. I'm home pretty much all the time due to being with my daughter, but I have a small music room so you are always welcome. Send me a PM if you want to meet up sometime. I'm near Bank and Walkley Road so pretty easy to get to by vehicle or public transit. Cheers.

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #6,060 of 11,341
  The ONKYO A800 might be worth considering. I have it and it is rather impressive for the money. I like that it does sound like an open headphone, but there is enough bass to be fun so I guess it does move away from the neutral presentation idea, but anyway, I loved the HD800S and was still able to really like the A800 as well.

After thinking about it more I decided to hold on to my HD800 for now since there's really nothing out there that can beat its soundstage and I wouldn't want to do anything drastic since I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase with my Z1R so I might be jumping the gun too soon lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back