The Official Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Owners' Impressions and Discussions Thread
Dec 15, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #16 of 419
Just got mine in. #1523. I ordered about 30 minutes after it became available.

Here's some pics.

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #17 of 419
  Just got mine in. #1523. I ordered about 30 minutes after it became available.

Here's some pics.

Nice pics... Let's know how you're digging (or not digging) the sound
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #18 of 419
I find it actually pretty important because I buy a ton of used vinyl and even after a good clean some of it sounds a little rough. If it's terrible I don't keep listening but if it's just a little bad these phones male for a pleasant experience. I love head-fi, hi-fi, and audio gear in general but if I buy a 70s era Zoot Sims record for a buck and clean it up I want to listen to the music and don't want to jump after a few pops.

I have a bigger issue with new music, I'll hear a really good band on Rhapsody or the Radio and when I grab their album in a lossless format [Cd ect...] some times I find their music to be terribly mastered! j roddy walston and the business is one such example 

bigsmile_face.gif

Indeed :D

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #19 of 419
I have a bigger issue with new music, I'll hear a really good band on Rhapsody or the Radio and when I grab their album in a lossless format [Cd ect...] some times I find their music to be terribly mastered! j roddy walston and the business is one such example

It is because they are mixing them for people that use a phone/mp3/$20 era buds, the time we live in.

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #20 of 419

It is because they are mixing them for people that use a phone/mp3/$20 era buds, the time we live in.

Yeap, an that said for every badly mixed album there does exist a wonderfully mixed album from another band

point being, I like how tolerant of poor mixing the TH X00 is 

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #21 of 419
bigsmile_face.gif

Yes, I will after some time with them. Sorry, I actually meant to post the pics in the other TH-X00 thread.

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #22 of 419
Guys, tell me please, who has recently bought BrainWavz HM5 Pads from m4nation.com , do they fit Fostex x Massdrop ?

A friend has told me that recently made replacement pads are smaller then the one made a year ago,

so please, tell me if you had both these recently, do they fit TH-X00 properly ? 

I don't have to possebility to return them back, so I need a clear suggestion which brainwavz pads fit 100% our fostex headphones

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #23 of 419

The ones I just got last week fit well. You can pop the plastic lock ring out of the stock pads and it fits right into the HM5 you just can't take the inner ring out of the stock pads so they will not pivot like them so you have to pop them off to spin them to get them set just right.

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #24 of 419

The ones I just got last week fit well. You can pop the plastic lock ring out of the stock pads and it fits right into the HM5 you just can't take the inner ring out of the stock pads so they will not pivot like them so you have to pop them off to spin them to get them set just right.

Nice to see them fitting as well a a pic pf the headphones with the pads on 

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #26 of 419
I will be doing a full comparison between stock pads and alpha pads when they arrive. I'm in the market for some Shure 1540 alcantara pads, as well.

Dec 17, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #27 of 419
I will be doing a full comparison between stock pads and alpha pads when they arrive. I'm in the market for some Shure 1540 alcantara pads, as well.

I would do a full review right now but I'm too happy enjoying the music of these. The Alpha pads make them sound much better!! More spacious room for your ears, soundstage depth is now there and not just width. The bass has tightened up as well. These should have came with Alpha pads. The stock pads really don't do these headphones justice.

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #28 of 419

I would do a full review right now but I'm too happy enjoying the music of these. The Alpha pads make them sound much better!! More spacious room for your ears, soundstage depth is now there and not just width. The bass has tightened up as well. These should have came with Alpha pads. The stock pads really don't do these headphones justice.

Are you referring to these pads? :

https://mrspeakers.com/shop/3-accessories/alpha-pads-genuine-lamb-leather/

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #30 of 419

Users who are viewing this thread

Back