The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games)
Dec 10, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #421 of 1,043
Quote:
Oooooooo... Tuuuuuuubes!! Which ones?
Pretty sure you can find some sort of app for that, though insides are probably lecture notes (good enough). Though frankly may not end up teaching you so much about it.
When strapped without furigana, buy a Japanese electronic dictionary that supports hand writing functions. Forgot how much mine costed (about $100 maybe? Or less) but it was money well spent.

Indeed G3 Modded, should b here in 3 hours or so

That does sound pertty good, I have an old English JAP dictionary and Book LEasson a friend of mine got IN Japan when he was in the service 

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #422 of 1,043
Indeed G3 Modded, should b here in 3 hours or so

That does sound pertty good, I have an old English JAP dictionary and Book LEasson a friend of mine got IN Japan when he was in the service 

At first: what kind of grammar is that??
Then: unless... The maker is called Indeed?!
Me wants impressions :p if you write one anywhere you can link me it via pm.

Yeah I got mine in one of the alleys of Akihabara. Some of the best prices in Tokyo... They were refurbished but I don't see any flaws with it.
Also came with a leather (or pleather) pouch.

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #423 of 1,043
Quote:
At first: what kind of grammar is that??
Then: unless... The maker is called Indeed?!
Me wants impressions
tongue.gif
if you write one anywhere you can link me it via pm.
Yeah I got mine in one of the alleys of Akihabara. Some of the best prices in Tokyo...

Yar, the maker of the amp is Indeed, lol nice name for an Amp company huh lol

and OMG YOU WALKED IN AKIHABARA... there was a thread once... on a forum I used to be a part of... a guy there... went to a concert... in Akihabara... it was in a dark room... there where lots of speakers and flashy lights... and the DJ was Mixing VIDEO GAME OSTS FROM HIS GAME BOY ADVANCE POCKET :O

That was b4 I was an audiophile and I was like OMG Akihabra sounds magical... THEN i hear of the audio shops there... AND NOW YOU TELL ME THIS <.< I so jelly

But yea... my amp should be in some time soon... I was said to be in today but... well the USPS web tracker did not show it making it to delivery today. I sold a E6 the other day and I have my tracking number, and my item well it left the USPS Sorting Station, at like 4am and made it out by delivery around 9am... my poor tube went out around like 11[m yesterday from a town 200miles from me... so tommorow it should be here and OFC I have a freaking final -.- so I'm proabably GOING to miss the delivery... time to leave a big freaking Note on my front Door >.> 

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #424 of 1,043
Yar, the maker of the amp is Indeed, lol nice name for an Amp company huh lol

and OMG YOU WALKED IN AKIHABARA... there was a thread once... on a forum I used to be a part of... a guy there... went to a concert... in Akihabara... it was in a dark room... there where lots of speakers and flashy lights... and the DJ was Mixing VIDEO GAME OSTS FROM HIS GAME BOY ADVANCE POCKET :O

That was b4 I was an audiophile and I was like OMG Akihabra sounds magical... THEN i hear of the audio shops there... AND NOW YOU TELL ME THIS <.< I so jelly

But yea... my amp should be in some time soon... I was said to be in today but... well the USPS web tracker did not show it making it to delivery today. I sold a E6 the other day and I have my tracking number, and my item well it left the USPS Sorting Station, at like 4am and made it out by delivery around 9am... my poor tube went out around like 11[m yesterday from a town 200miles from me... so tommorow it should be here and OFC I have a freaking final -.- so I'm proabably GOING to miss the delivery... time to leave a big freaking Note on my front Door >.> 

So many weird names lol.

Yeah, but I didn't know of all those fancier headphone places. I've only been going to LAB1, Sofmap, and BicCamera. Turns out Yodobashi (that I pass by EVERYTIME I go to Akiba) has fancier setups to try. Though I wasn't as into headphone stuff back then, But wut, mixing from a GBA? nuts! sounds awesome!

Akiba is a weird place. Bunch of manga/anime culture stuff, games (this is where I finally managed to find a copy of Atelier Rorona in JP. It was sold out everywhere, and used copies even were super rare), and electronics. Though I only found out after my maybe 4th time going to Akiba that the bulk of real electronic shops were all in the alleys not on the main street.

In retrospect it may have been better than you didn't receive them the day before a final xD your mind would have been everywhere but on your studies.

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #425 of 1,043
Quote:
Another Katawa Shoujo fan? You have all my internets!
If you are indeed a fan:
While I'm a Hanako man myself, Misha is second. She's hilarious, but I like the inner psyche of her character, which is explored in Shizune's arc. There should've been a Misha arc... seriously. That would have been my fave. I hated Shizune's arc aside from all the focus that was put on Misha.
This doesn't leave my head...That part... I will NEVER forget this... I chose comfort and OMFGZLOLWUT
But man, her FACE! How can anyone NOT choose comfort on reflex?
If you're not:

KATAWA SHOUJO KATAWA SHOUJO

Shizune is best girl. Hanako pretty nice too.

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #430 of 1,043
Rin was the last storyline I went through. I LOVE Rin, but the romance aspect of her storyline was absolutely non-existent. Her storyline was good just because we got more insight on Rin, and not because we romanced her.

I probably hated Shizune the most out of the girls, though her arc was good in that it humanized Misha... and I loves me sum Misha.

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #431 of 1,043
Quote:

Wait, seriously Rin? I just skipped the hell out of her route LOL

... check the classified ARchives, I sold both my DS a w hile ago :O

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #432 of 1,043
Has anyone picked up the recently-released in the US sequel Corpse Party: Book of Shadows? Not only is the horror atmosphere, story, and characters great, the game utilizes binaural audio which makes the voices you hear a lot scarier and realistic.

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #433 of 1,043
I have a modest amount of JRPGs. If I could list them, they include (by console):

PS3:
Final Fantasy XIII
Eternal Sonata
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell ar Ciel
Resonance of Fate
Trinity Universe
Agarest War ZERO

PS2:
.hack//INFECTION
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Xenosaga I, II, III
Tales of the Abyss
Kingdom Hearts II

PSP:
Valkyria Chronicles II
Phantasy Star Portable I, II
Persona 3 Portable
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Nintendo:
Pokemon Sapphire, SoulSilver, Black I, Black 2
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Tales of Symphonia
Summon Night: Twin Age

I've played every one of them for quite awhile to get a good impression and know them by heart. But to state whether I finish them entirely or not is a different story. My personal favorites are  Tales of the Abyss, Eternal Sonata, and Xenosaga III. I had to list all the Nintendo ones because they were definitely a part of my childhood.

EDIT: Just wondering if visual novels count as well, they're more like dating sims than RPGs. If they are, then I've definitely read a fair share of them. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #435 of 1,043
My 3DSXL is ready.

Currently playing Fire Emblem: Awakening. Great game so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back