The Official Horror game Thread!! Lets put those headphones to good use!
Mar 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #61 of 354
I couldn't get into the original type 'vanias. Too slow for my taste. I love the RPG elements in the SOTN and latter games.

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #62 of 354
Operation Raccoon City. This is.. this is horrible. It plays like Gears of Wars, with near infinite ammo and health. But you're not as agile, and getting stuck in the scenery occurs more than it should. The first boss infinitely combo'd me to death at the first go. The cover is automatic, but only seems to work half the time at first. Can only carry one gun other than the pistol, and if you die, you lose all weapons/items other than default.

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #63 of 354
For Silent Hill, the PC versions are probably a better deal. You get the original voice actors and original music, plus they aren't that expensive.

I don't think I'll buy the HD collection at all, but I will buy the Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection.

Quote:
As much as I loved SotN, I'm still a fan of the original formula over the Castleroids. The first game was very well crafted as I've never seen level design done so well. Everything was planned perfectly and done with reason. I think the most recent one I've played was DoS. I wanted to give the new one a try but my 360 has been acting kinda broken for months. 

Back on to horror games, as the Silent Hill HD collection drops this week, I might end up buying a fresh 360 in case it doesn't work. My original Xbox crapped out as did my PS2 so I can't play on either one of those. Man, what I wouldn't do for a PC port...

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #64 of 354

Quote:
For Silent Hill, the PC versions are probably a better deal. You get the original voice actors and original music, plus they aren't that expensive.

I don't think I'll buy the HD collection at all, but I will buy the Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection.

​

They're not cheap anymore sadly. A new copy of SH2 on the PC is $75. As far as 2 goes, the HD collection will have the option for the original VA. However, for 3, they couldn't reach Heather Morris and Richard Grosse died not long after the game launched​
 so that won't have the original voice acting. Playing it on the PC would be great though...​

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #65 of 354

Quote:

I already have SH2 for PC, I'm just buying the HD collection because SH3 is near imposable to fine any more without torrenting.

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #66 of 354
SH3 can't be that hard to find. My local Gamestop has a few of them in stock. I always found it harder to get a copy of SH2. I have a copy of SH2 that I got from Blockbuster but it's just the disc. I really didn't like the third game that much though, I preferred the second game more. I think SH4 is pretty good, better than SH3 in my opinion. I just was not a fan of SH3 at all.

Quote:
I already have SH2 for PC, I'm just buying the HD collection because SH3 is near imposable to fine any more without torrenting.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #68 of 354

Quote:
I actually like Darkness 2 a lot. It's dark, gritty, and gory.... just the way I like it. I find the first game to be better as it was a lot like The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, but Darkness 2 is an action FPS game. It has a lot more emphasis and using your darkness powers than the first game and encourages you to kill your enemies in some really grotesque way. You end up feeling like you ARE the darkness and you are incredibly powerful.

I have Call of Cathulu on my PC. And I know which part you speak of with the hotel, hurry up block/lock the doors, they are coming! Also, moms in the attic :wink:

Since this is a horror game thread, here's my Resident Evil game collection :wink: I have 130'ish Resident Evil games, most of the others are packed up. Everything from the top row to the third row is Resident Evil games :wink:

Damn!  That's impressive. 

Riddick was great.  Really great stealth gameplay.  I think it had the same engine/developers as Darkness 1 (Starbreeze).

I'll probably pick up Darkness II once it drops a lot.  The demo was sweet, but it's obviously very different from the first one.  Much more action/arcade style gameplay.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #69 of 354

Quote:
I'm replaying SH: Homecoming, because I want to kill things.

Ya.  The game was a little meh, as I hear the new one (downpour) is as well.

I need to go back and replay homecoming though, for the same reason your replaying it.  By any chance are you replaying with the laser pistol so you can one-shot everything? 

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #70 of 354
Yup, Riddick was a good game for sure. I have it on the Xbox (original) as well as the PS3, as it came with Dark Athena.

As for my Resident Evil games, I am going around looking for more games, such as Biohazard 4 for the PS2. I only have the Japanese Gamecube, Wii, PS3, Xbox360 versions and am missing the PS2 version. 

I have every revision of the other games though. Every version of BIO1, BIO2, BIO3, Gun Survivor, CODE VERONICA, Gun Survivor 4, REMake, Zero, and so on. I have just started getting the PAL pressings and have a rare copy of the German pressing of Resident Evil Directors Cut Dual Shock coming in the mail, cast me $60 but it's worth it.

Darn I have at least 30 copies of BIO2 alone, all are for different systems and are either different pressings or variations. I waste too much money of RE/BIO games, but I can't help it... I've been hooked since 1998 with REDC for the PS1. Well it was RE2 for the N64 that started my addiction as I was introduced to it at a friends house. Good times those were, back when games were good.

Quote:

Damn!  That's impressive. 

Riddick was great.  Really great stealth gameplay.  I think it had the same engine/developers as Darkness 1 (Starbreeze).

I'll probably pick up Darkness II once it drops a lot.  The demo was sweet, but it's obviously very different from the first one.  Much more action/arcade style gameplay.

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #71 of 354

Quote:
Ya.  The game was a little meh, as I hear the new one (downpour) is as well.

I need to go back and replay homecoming though, for the same reason your replaying it.  By any chance are you replaying with the laser pistol so you can one-shot everything? 

Nyet. My original game save disappeared, so I had to start from scratch. Even then, I was never a fan of the super weapons in games. Currently up to Otherworld Shepherd's House, but I took a break to play Operation Raccoon City.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #72 of 354
they should bring the silent hill hd collection out on the pc,my xbox360 went off so i bought a wii just for the resident evil games and shattered memories..there are no games worth buying on the wii anymore, but if they brought more resident evil remakes out there would be!

Mar 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #73 of 354
I got in the mood for some Resident Evil today so I played and beat the first three games back to back. 

1. I cleared BIO1DC with Chris on Arrange Mode in 1:35.
  2. I cleared BIO2DS with Leon (Scenario A) in 1:15.
  3. And Finally I cleared BIO3 on Hard Mode (with no special weapons) in 2:26.

Not bad times at all, especially with BIO2DS. Leon's A scenario is quite easy, even without infinite ammo codes or use of a Pro Action Replay. BIO1DC was a tad harder as I've only beaten arrange mode a handful of times, but I got a good time on it I think. With BIO3 it took a bit longer as I've only played that entry 10 or so times max. BIO3 is my least favorite entry in the classic style games.

Now I only consider BIO1 to be the only "true" BIO game for a number of reasons. The pacing is slower, enemies are slower, the music is more eerie, the environments are darker, enemies are stronger. There's too many things to list.

BIO2 changed the formula a bit too much and there was a bit too much action, but toggle on a select few Pro Action replay codes and the game is instantly harder. I have codes for increased enemy health, less ammunition, and less healing items. I love the extra challenge.

As for BIO3, it was even more action packed than BIO2, which was a no no to me. But through the use of Pro Action Replay I can have enemies respawn, have stronger attacks, have more health, less healing items, less gun powder, plus Nemesis is far stronger. Love it then!

Mar 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #74 of 354
i wish that they would bring resident evil 2 and code veronica out on the wii and maybe nemesis like they did with resident evil one and zero..because i think the old style is much better than the fps style that resident evil 4 and 5 had! p.s is that operation racoon city worth getting?

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #75 of 354
Yes  wish they did a remake of them, and I would love to see Resident Evil 1.5 released some day...

As for Operation Raccoon City, it sucks big time. The campaign is about 3 hours long, the whole game is based on the Resident Evil movies (Nemesis is a darn cyborg!!). The controls are clunky, the games is quite glitchy, and the story is based on bootleg guides, and the Resident Evil wiki. It just feels sub par.

Quote:
i wish that they would bring resident evil 2 and code veronica out on the wii and maybe nemesis like they did with resident evil one and zero..because i think the old style is much better than the fps style that resident evil 4 and 5 had! p.s is that operation racoon city worth getting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back