The Official Horror game Thread!! Lets put those headphones to good use!
Mar 14, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #46 of 354
The Darkness 2 is a fairly competent FPS. Didn't care to finish, though I was playing on PC, and the controls are more suited for a controller.

I'm replaying SH: Homecoming, because I want to kill things.

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #47 of 354

Quote:
The Darkness 2 is a fairly competent FPS. Didn't care to finish, though I was playing on PC, and the controls are more suited for a controller.

I'm replaying SH: Homecoming, because I want to kill things.

On the topic of silent hill, the enemy design for downpour is just terrible, it feels more like Resistance 3 than silent hill.

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #48 of 354
Turns out that my friend owns a copy of Silent Hill 2; I never played the first one, but I'll start with the 2nd. 

It's time to turn off the lights, put on my cans, and hope that I don't wake up any family in the process.

What did others think of the game?

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #49 of 354

Quote:
On the topic of silent hill, the enemy design for downpour is just terrible, it feels more like Resistance 3 than silent hill.

The enemies look like rejects from McGee's Alice/Resident Evil. And they know martial arts.

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #51 of 354
ya man dead space was a new phase of horror-thriller game,hahaha
even the soundtrack was a bit interactive in-gaming,sometimes there is a scaring violin increasing volume that tell you`re in a "deathful" way going into.
listening atm some really compatible way,an old Blooldthirst,i found this!!

the equivalent of Carmageddom era Dead Space

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #52 of 354

Quote:
The enemies look like rejects from McGee's Alice/Resident Evil. And they know martial arts.

Yea, the  ...fat skinny thing? What ever that thing is looks like a grim from resistance 3.

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #53 of 354
horror fan here.

I hope everyone plays survival games on the hardest difficulty, otherwise they lose their "omgonly2bulletsleftand3guys" magic. I've played through Dead Space and Dead Space 2 more times than I care to mention. 

Has anyone played Cry of Fear? It's a free mod for half life, and despite it being short it was quite fun. It's definitely a co-op game though, it loses it's appeal on the single player maps, IMO.

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #54 of 354
Yea, it's really all about the jump scare....chainsaw boss....why.

Mar 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #55 of 354

Quote:
I actually like Darkness 2 a lot. It's dark, gritty, and gory.... just the way I like it. I find the first game to be better as it was a lot like The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, but Darkness 2 is an action FPS game. It has a lot more emphasis and using your darkness powers than the first game and encourages you to kill your enemies in some really grotesque way. You end up feeling like you ARE the darkness and you are incredibly powerful.

I have Call of Cathulu on my PC. And I know which part you speak of with the hotel, hurry up block/lock the doors, they are coming! Also, moms in the attic :wink:

Since this is a horror game thread, here's my Resident Evil game collection :wink: I have 130'ish Resident Evil games, most of the others are packed up. Everything from the top row to the third row is Resident Evil games :wink:

Can't help but ask, is that Bloodlines on the top shelf? 

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #56 of 354
Yes it is Castlevania Bloodlines for the Genesis :wink: I'm a big fan of the Castlevania games and own all the USA versions as well as the rare Sega Saturn version of Akumajo Dracula X.

If you noticed, I have a brand new copy of Jurassic Park as well. Can't help it man, I grew up in the 1990'2 and was exposed to the NES and Genesis. I have a SNES, NES, N64, SS, PS1, and many other game systems locked away. Even the rare version of the Biohazard Code Veronica Dreamcast.

Back onto horror games, I loved the Half-Life mod called They Hunger. It was creepy and quite cool.

Another good game I liked was Alone in The Dark: The New Nightmare. It had creepy atmosphere and the music was jsut great!

Quote:
Can't help but ask, is that Bloodlines on the top shelf? 

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #57 of 354
Though I wouldn't really consider Castlevania horror (though the setting is dark), I'm disgustingly obsessed with Castlevania. Well, mostly the Metroidvanias...

SOTN
AoS
DoS
PoR
OoE
HoD
CotM
HD (Harmony of Despair, which is my most recent obsession, I have clocked almost 300 hours on it)

Lord of Shadows was fantastic too as a current gen game, though it didn't feel like a Castlevania.

Mar 17, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #58 of 354
Damn, I have a problem. Yakuza Dead souls...or silent hill HD?

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #60 of 354

Quote:
Though I wouldn't really consider Castlevania horror (though the setting is dark), I'm disgustingly obsessed with Castlevania. Well, mostly the Metroidvanias...
SOTN
AoS
DoS
PoR
OoE
HoD
CotM
HD (Harmony of Despair, which is my most recent obsession, I have clocked almost 300 hours on it)
Lord of Shadows was fantastic too as a current gen game, though it didn't feel like a Castlevania.

As much as I loved SotN, I'm still a fan of the original formula over the Castleroids. The first game was very well crafted as I've never seen level design done so well. Everything was planned perfectly and done with reason. I think the most recent one I've played was DoS. I wanted to give the new one a try but my 360 has been acting kinda broken for months. 

Back on to horror games, as the Silent Hill HD collection drops this week, I might end up buying a fresh 360 in case it doesn't work. My original Xbox crapped out as did my PS2 so I can't play on either one of those. Man, what I wouldn't do for a PC port...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back