The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
Nov 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #76 of 752

It's found it's place! Lamp is using a low heat, low intensity bulb, so no worries.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #78 of 752
My E9 has taken up permanent residence in my setup being fed by my PS1, iPod or PC.

DSCF1133-550x412.jpg

DSCF1140-550x412.jpg

Nov 3, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #79 of 752
Sorry for the copy paste but I posted this in the other thread and this one seems to be getting more attention...

Quote:
Riku540 said:

Jack help! I'm very upset right now! I was enjoying my new E7/E9 for all about 30 seconds and the left channel stopped working! I know it's not my headphones as it does this with all the headphones I have, and when I plug into my old portable amp they work. Also, the 3.5mm line in works fine, but when using the them as a DAC/Amp the left channel cuts in and out. If I wiggle my E7 I can hear the left channel come in and out; I'm convinced its either the E7's E9 connector or the E9's E7 connector. I can't be sure which one is working and which one is not. >.< What is your exchange policy and the like?

EDIT: I sent an email to support about this and am hoping to get a response ASAP. Will they ship the replacement right away or will they wait until they receive my return? Either way I am really upset; I paid for expedited shipping and now it could be over a week for me to a new one; and I have to pay for return shipping to boot!

EDIT #2: Now that I am repacking this I noticed my E7 has tape all over the packaging as if its been open and used before... Not to mention there is a nice big scratch across the screen surface. Is it possible I got a used product by mistake in place of a new one? I also don't understand why I have to pay the return shipping. Amazon covers this and this more or less cancels the benefit of me buying these products together in a bundle opposed to buying them separate...

Nov 3, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #85 of 752
Quote:
What cable do you use to connect the ps1 to the E9??

Surely you'd just use the stereo RCA connectors on the back of the PS1? I had an old model, so maybe it's changed slightly, but even so you should end up with three RCA plugs - one for video (yellow), two for audio (white/red). Just jam the audio ones into the back of the E9.
Wait, nevermind. I remembered that there's only a 3.5mm in and the RCAs on the back are preamp out, IIRC. So you'd need a stereo RCA to 3.5mm adapter.

Gavin, where did you order your E9 from? Wondering where to get one of these little babies in/delivered to the UK...

Nov 3, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #86 of 752
Quote:
I'm so sorry Riku.. so your E9 was really defective? I hope they are able to ship you another one soon
tongue.gif

Yeah... still not very happy but the support team responded in minutes. They suggested the fastest way to get a new one was to place a new order and return the one I got for a full refund instead of doing an exchange; which is the route I'm going to go. I'm also getting free expedited shipping this time.

For those of you with working E7/E9's, is the connection secure between the two units? If I so much as tapped mine the left channel would have a fit; it basically had to be held in place to work, and even then still didn't work 90% of the time. This only happened to me in DAC mode; the line in had no issues.

Nov 3, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #87 of 752

Quote:
Game, what are your thoughts of the E9 vs the Bravo V2?

I haven't had much time to sit down and listen to them side by side but with the stock tube in place, the E9 is the better amp if you're after total neutrality. I couldn't bear to listen to my M50s with the Bravo because of its harsh over-emphasized upper midrange and treble but, of course, this isn't an issue for the E9 because of its flat and uncolored presentation. The Bravo is a good amp on its own but due to the coloration that tube amps impart on the amplified sound due to their inherent design characteristics, the E9 is more flexible in regards to pairing with sources and headphones. Based solely on that, the E9 is my preferred amp at the moment but the two are too different in terms of design and sound character to simply say which is objectively better than the other.

Quote:
What cable do you use to connect the ps1 to the E9???

I use a Monster brand cable that I got off of eBay for cheap (which is the only reason I purchased a Monster cable). The model number is PLG200.

Nov 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #88 of 752

Surely you'd just use the stereo RCA connectors on the back of the PS1? I had an old model, so maybe it's changed slightly, but even so you should end up with three RCA plugs - one for video (yellow), two for audio (white/red). Just jam the audio ones into the back of the E9.
Wait, nevermind. I remembered that there's only a 3.5mm in and the RCAs on the back are preamp out, IIRC. So you'd need a stereo RCA to 3.5mm adapter.

Gavin, where did you order your E9 from? Wondering where to get one of these little babies in/delivered to the UK...

I ordered mine from mp3amplifier. Should have mine next week at latest.

As a side note I have the E7 with the Fiio Lod L3 for use with my iPhone 4 and iPad. I have a gold Lindy USB cable when using my MacBook. And "Compicat" has made me a custom lod from silver and other stuff I don't understand
smily_headphones1.gif
which should turn up at the same time. Should be an exciting week soon.

Nov 3, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #89 of 752

Quote:

It must have been an old model because the only PS1's that featured the dedicated RCA jacks are from the SCPH-100X model family, which was the first production run for the PS1 and Sony removed the RCA jacks from subsequent hardware revisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back